Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

MilfredCubicle wrote:Ohai!

California was a great album, I really only skip Sober. It's way too poppy for me. Cheesy. Corny.

Had pit tickets to see them, but the weekend of the show my [now] Ex got mad at me and put me in jail over some bullshit. Did it on purpose because she knew I was going to see blink. Yep!

Carry on!

Eff. That. So sorry to hear that. That makes me so sad to hear.

California was a great album, I really only skip Sober. It's way too poppy for me. Cheesy. Corny.

Had pit tickets to see them, but the weekend of the show my [now] Ex got mad at me and put me in jail over some bullshit. Did it on purpose because she knew I was going to see blink. Yep!

Carry on!

Woah... what a nutcase lol, that sucks!

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Carry on!

So THAT'S where you've been. That's fucking horrible man.

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

Yeah I was so devastated, I didn't even care about my record I just wanted to see blink in the pit :(. Still dealing with legal issues. Lost my apartment, and she broke my new flat screen television. All I was missing were paintings by Marilyn Manson. Sad times, but the album surely helps me through. Cynical gets me pumped every time.

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show

Was listening to blink on shuffle this morning, haven't done so for a while. I'm occasionally smacked by how much I love their old stuff. I know the songs inside out so I never really listen to them anymore, but just throwing them on it was like "BOOM THIS IS SO DAMN AWESOME". I imagine its what die-hard star wars fans feel like when they sit down to rewatch the original trilogy.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Kay wrote:Was listening to blink on shuffle this morning, haven't done so for a while. I'm occasionally smacked by how much I love their old stuff. I know the songs inside out so I never really listen to them anymore, but just throwing them on it was like "BOOM THIS IS SO DAMN AWESOME". I imagine its what die-hard star wars fans feel like when they sit down to rewatch the original trilogy.

As a die-hard Star Wars fan, I can confirm this is indeed the case.

Also, Nevermind, the AOL Sessions are some of my favourite "live" videos of blink.
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

blinkfan4evr54 wrote:Also, for someone who hates untitled and doesn't think it should be some sort of benchmark for blink comparisons, you sure talk about it a lot and compare everrryytthhinngg to it. I cant' remember and I'm genuinely curious: what were your thoughts on Neighborhoods?

Ha. That's a fair question. I compare everything to untitled because that's the album that everyone seems to be everyone's favorite (their magnum opus, if you will), and, by comparing everything to it, I'm trying to show that it's actually not that good of an album, seeing as I think it's horrible. That's all.

As far as Neighborhoods goes, I view it as just a worse version of untitled. So I don't even bother talking about it. Ironically, it has one of my all-time favorite Mark Hoppus songs of all time .... M.H. Like. That song is fucking amazing. It feels like old blink and just feels good listening to it. The only thing that bugs me is the intro. And the word "bug" is a little strong, too.

So, yah, Neighborhoods is just untitled but worse.

And Yodda, it is a big deal that my wife likes blink hahahaha She's hated them FOR YEARS. Like. HATED. It's just so profoundly insane that she literally took the CD to listen to it in her car. It's just mind blowing.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Totally agree re: DED. It's oft forgotten and not talked about a whole lot, but I was so stoked when it came out, because I thought it improved on Neighborhoods and had some amazing moments. Thought it was an indicator of things to come... Only downside was it showed that blink with Tom in it was always gonna be dominated by Tom. Mark's main contribution was the DED verses, and that's it. Although we know now that it was Tom pulling the strings (innnnnggggs stringgs) and pushign for that to get made, so maybe that's why. Didn't he even say that Mark/Travis barely worked on it or something? If so, goes to show how much even a little influence from Mark/Travis improves Tom's songwriting IMO.

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!