Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Yah, my relationship with Bored To Death was definitely a bumpy one. I just really think it's a solid track that really does wonders for the album. The only songs I'm iffy about are Kings of the Weekend and Teenage Satellites. Those how it was at the beginning and I'm sure I'll always see it that way. I mean, the chorus of Kings is mad catchy. But those two songs kind of feel like filler. Bored to Death really makes up for them though .... I still think California is my second favorite blink album of all time. Easily.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Mark sounds like the Mark from Cheshire Cat days in that clip.. Fucking love it. Sounds JUST like Cheshire Cat Mark. Hell yah.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, he actually sounds like Buddha Mark. It's the same style as "Don't" ... little bit of Reebok Commercial. RAD!!!

Yah, it reminds me of Don't.
-Hot Water Music

Elevator wrote:
frisky wrote:

"...are those kids skateboarding on my sidewalk again?....they'd better stay the hell away from my petunias, I swear to God...."

Stealing this classic and taking it as my own.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Btd, cynical and SOOHM are the only songs i can stomach from time to time, the rest is still all time low.

As for the boys don't cry performance, its okay I guess, nothing special. At least mark sounds decent compared to past live performances. I do wonder when blink will learn that playing an accoustic version of a rock song takes more than just playing the same chords on an accoustic guitar. Power chords sound lame AF on an accoustic, just like full chords sound horrible with distortion. There's almost always a full chord available to replace the power chord and vice versa and it sounds a million times better. It just takes some effort to figure it out.

PantaRhei wrote:Btd, cynical and SOOHM are the only songs i can stomach from time to time, the rest is still all time low.

As for the boys don't cry performance, its okay I guess, nothing special. At least mark sounds decent compared to past live performances. I do wonder when blink will learn that playing an accoustic version of a rock song takes more than just playing the same chords on an accoustic guitar. Power chords sound lame AF on an accoustic, just like full chords sound horrible with distortion. There's almost always a full chord available to replace the power chord and vice versa and it sounds a million times better. It just takes some effort to figure it out.

Yeah its beginning to bug me. Even Tom can play actual standard acoustic chords. he barely does but Boxing Day had some real effort to it.

I love acoustic renditions of things usually and I think it's great that they're going out there and doing little acoustic performances but they're so half assed that its just a bit dull.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

I watched it. I'm glad they both dig The Cure and I'm sure it was a pleasure for them to do this little ditty, but I have no fondness for The Cure and I'm so completely over the new blink that it's 10,000x more boring than watching it if Tom was involved.

Blink is bland as shit now, and I'm sad to say I'm done with them. This forum is the only thing keeping me connected to blink and I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth participating anymore when this is no longer a band I enjoy in the slightest.

twitter

Elevator wrote:I watched it. I'm glad they both dig The Cure and I'm sure it was a pleasure for them to do this little ditty, but I have no fondness for The Cure and I'm so completely over the new blink that it's 10,000x more boring than watching it if Tom was involved.

Blink is bland as shit now, and I'm sad to say I'm done with them. This forum is the only thing keeping me connected to blink and I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth participating anymore when this is no longer a band I enjoy in the slightest.

The old stuff will always mean the world to me, and I'll probably always have a vague interest in what all of them are doing. I get how you feel but a part of me will always be curious about each next step, so there's no getting rid of me.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

I sent this in an email to my 40-50 co-workers this morning:

As I’m sure you all have marked on your calendars, today marks the 13th anniversary of blink-182’s untitled album (aka: the greatest musical masterpiece the [strikethrough]world[/strikethrough] universe has ever known). Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5 was pretty good too, I guess.

Underlined part was a link to this gif:

Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

It's fun watching people suffering with blink as the band they no longer like because that's how it's been for me since 2003. Now you just have to suffer for 13 years until I can finally be satisfied. SUFFER!!!!

I'm still so confused why people think this album is so bland. There are actually a lot of guitar embellishments throughout the album. They're just tuned down. They're like in the background, but they're there, and they're actually more "complicated" than anything blink has done in years. I'm still so confused. The guitars on self-titled were pretty boring as all hell .... I'm so confused why people think it's so amazing.
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:It's fun watching people suffering with blink as the band they no longer like because that's how it's been for me since 2003. Now you just have to suffer for 13 years until I can finally be satisfied. SUFFER!!!!.

The activity of this forum speaks volumes about how many people give a flying fuck about California. Enjoy your "victory lap."

twitter