Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

PantaRhei wrote:Im going to see them 12 years after i saw them last. What the fucks wrong with me..

I just can't bear not going.

A lot of people have that attitude, and I respect that. and a part of me is a little bit like "You're really not going?" but I just can't justify it to myself, and I already know that I'll regret it, so I'm just not wasting the time and money.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Until last week I was heavily convinced I would never go see them again. I wasn't gonna let anything mess up my memories of 2004 when I last saw them live. But now they're coming over for the first actual show (they played some 200 euro festivals here in 2010 I hink) since then I just can't bear not going. Its weird 'caus I know its gonna suck mad monkeyballs from what I've seen so far. It's like instinct, dunno, not expecting anything and honestly I whish I felt like you.

I know a lot of you guys are pissed off. But are any of you excited about the fact that Travis said they are going to be release a deluxe edition of "California"?

As per Travis, “We’re actually gonna get back in the studio in a couple of weeks and work on the deluxe version of California, which will include some songs nobody’s heard yet”.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:I know a lot of you guys are pissed off. But are any of you excited about the fact that Travis said they are going to be release a deluxe edition of "California"?

As per Travis, “We’re actually gonna get back in the studio in a couple of weeks and work on the deluxe version of California, which will include some songs nobody’s heard yet”.

I am quite excited! :)

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:I know a lot of you guys are pissed off. But are any of you excited about the fact that Travis said they are going to be release a deluxe edition of "California"?

If that studio is Feldmann -free then I'm pretty pumped about it. I assume it's not so my enthusiasm for new blink is at an all time low: cautiously optimistic.
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

Yeah I'm excited. Part of me wishes it was for a separate new album to be released late next year or early 2018. "Deluxe Editions" are pointless in my mind. Just a quick way to tack on extra songs and sell the same album.

Either way, new blink is new blink so I can't complain. Bring on the new tunes.

I tend to agree about deluxe editions. They bug the fuck out of me. But when it comes to blink, I don't care.

Do people still view it as a summer album? I only feel that half of it is "summer-y." I would argue Neighborhoods is more summer-y than California. I mean, FUCK, M.H. is still one of my all-time favorite Mark songs ....
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:I just listened to the whole album on my way to work. I still love the thing. Listening to it now, the lyrics have some witty side meanings. For me its going to remain a blink staple for sometime. Matts voice just does wonders for me :)

Totally agreed here! Also Bored to Death has reemerged as one of my favorite tracks on the album.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

StrongTower182 wrote:
OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:I just listened to the whole album on my way to work. I still love the thing. Listening to it now, the lyrics have some witty side meanings. For me its going to remain a blink staple for sometime. Matts voice just does wonders for me :)

Totally agreed here! Also Bored to Death has reemerged as one of my favorite tracks on the album.

BTD is a top-10 blink song for me, easily.

Dookie wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:

BTD is a top-10 blink song for me, easily.

For a while I kind hated BTD, maybe it was just being over played at the time. Listening now, song has depth . The guitars are just great. Its always an easy sing along song. The way the song was put together from a track perspective is great. I love how it was organized. It maybe overproduced out the ass, but I feel thats were the songs charm comes in.

Mark can't sing it live, but oh well. he tries.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs