Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Kay wrote:you know this record we released with 16 tracks where every reviewer said it had way too many tracks and we should've been more selective? lets release a deluxe edition with even MORE songs on it! instead of the more sensible thing of releasing those tracks alone as an EP! who cares, right? MOOOONEEEEEYYYYYY

They should have did what Descendents did earlier this year. Release a record and an EP together on the same day!

coop720 wrote:So, forum's pretty dead lately. Did California kill the 20 years+ blink boner?

Maybe Im still TO new here, but I feel like this is what happens when blink has no news to report on. Not really to do with California or what ever. I still really love the album. It fits nicely into my weekly blink rotations. Ironically I've been listening to Self titled a bit less. But that might just be I'm on a pop-punk blink fix atm.

But back to my original point. With no blink news there really isnt much to talk about. You can only argue about peoples opinions for SO long before even the most butthurt hard core blink fan runs out of steam.

And thats where we are at. There is no new blink news. There were some rumors of the EP now becoming a deluxe edition of California. But personally I've seen no evidence to support it. (Not that I've searched that much for it) I feel like my blink fix is being met atm. California did enough. Im not jonesing for new blink just yet. few more months maybe ill be bored with California. ... So far im good :)

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

I think I've finally figured out what "kind of" blink fan I am. As time goes on I love California more and more. I think the going to roots thing is working out great. I loving the Toypaj feel to the whole thing.

Still find myself repeating most songs at least once. Well except No Future. I just can't get into that song...

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Tom's really aged well...

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

yodda wrote:Yay?

Do you think if Tom came back and Matt left they'd perform California songs?

Well they barely performed neighbourhoods songs when Tom *was* there so no, I doubt it.

I'm not sure whether to buy tickets to see em' if they come to my neck of the woods. on the one hand I don't care less about California tracks, on the other hand I've never seen them before. On one hand it's not the same because it's not Tom, but on the other hand it's Skiba who I also love who won't actually destroy the performance for me.
I'm a little torn.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Kay wrote:

I'm not sure whether to buy tickets to see em' if they come to my neck of the woods. on the one hand I don't care less about California tracks, on the other hand I've never seen them before. On one hand it's not the same because it's not Tom, but on the other hand it's Skiba who I also love who won't actually destroy the performance for me.
I'm a little torn.

When blink is near... I can't think of a rhyme that's not stupid. You should go. No-brainer.

Elevator wrote:I don't think Tom and Mark will work together again live on stage. In fact I think Tom is probably done as a live performer.

Reminds me of this heart-breaker:

Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

I don't think their relationship is irreparable but I don't think they'll ever work together in a business capacity again outside of maybe a joint promotion with a book or some sort of charitable type deal. One of those things where lawyers & managers will divide things 50/50 and schedule a limited set of appearances. It's going to be one-offs from here on out. No more creative working relationship.

twitter

They should never be together in a musical capacity again, as in having to write songs together for a major label that needs them to create output according to the blink-formula (whatever the label perceives that to be) and touring 'n stuff. They've grown too much apart, musically and personally. Both seem to be happy doing their thing right now and they should just continue that. They don't need the money or fame anymore, they can just have fun the way they want.

I do hope they get over their personal differences/frustration with each other in some time though, to a point where they would just be friends again. Both seem to be back at the 2005-level. They've got the whole 'I'm not talking to you, I don't even mention your name' thing going on again, which just makes me sad cause they have so much history together. Still feels to me like a couple breaking up, where both are close friends of yours and you feel forced to choose because they fighting. But I don't want to.
"I always considered my job in Blink to try to architect new arrangements and sounds to push the band forward. I took on that role, and it was by no means only me -- everyone contributed to the great music that we did -- but I made that my passion, I made that my focus." -Tom DeLonge (Billboard, May 2017)

I ♥ ♫