Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

So my fiancee was listening to some randoms playlist of classic rock songs, and for some reason All The Small Things came on. she came into the room, stomping and called ATST 'Shitty pop punk' and I went "HEY!" and she was like "What?" and I went "You shouldn't say 'Shitty pop punk', pop punk is shitty all by itself. what blink-182 is, is exceptionally pop punk. Pop punk might be shit but goddamn are blink the best at it" and she rolled her eyes at me, and said "Fine. They're amazing pop punk. pop punk is shit. Blink is shit by extension"

Glad I won that discussion.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

frisky wrote:
Waggy wrote:Was listening to the song Spokesman by Goldfinger and the lyrics are kinda ironic knowing that John Feldman had songwriters help write a bunch of songs for the new blink album.

Heh.

Writes this song, then goes on to produce generic music that tops the charts.

Fuck man. I miss Goldfinger.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

So there was a discussion with blink last night at the Grammy Museum (I think?) It was treated as a discussion and Mark confirmed that they will release a Deluxe Edition of California. No timeline, but hinted at end of the year.

Also said they want to press DED on vinyl, but it's different because it's self released. So I don't see that happening considering how long it takes them to do things.

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:I remember two years ago Zebrahead released a greatest hits album where they let their Matt sing and put his own mark on old favorites sang by Justin years prior. I wonder if blink has any interest in doing something like this. I'd definitely buy it.

Sounds like a cool idea, but I think there are too many tom bots who would get triggered by that.

you know this record we released with 16 tracks where every reviewer said it had way too many tracks and we should've been more selective? lets release a deluxe edition with even MORE songs on it! instead of the more sensible thing of releasing those tracks alone as an EP! who cares, right? MOOOONEEEEEYYYYYY

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!