Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Elevator wrote:
Kay wrote:

Pretty sure these guys are european as fuck. They have some odd inflections on the vocals. Also it's a high quality cover, but also generic and shitty.

Jonathan Young is american I'm pretty sure. I only like his stuff when he's doing metal versions of disney songs and even then only a few of them. his 'pop punk' things are usually shite.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

She saaaaaaaaiiiiiiid "it's not blink without Tom".
The next daaaaaaaaaay, she's blasting Left Alone.
She wants Neigh-, borhoods 2, or some new, AVA, but this is way betterrrrrrr.
Tom made things, difficult, and awkward, but she won't, LET ANYONE TELL HERRRRRRRRRR!
YOU, DON'T WANT, TO JUST, ADMIT IT
CA, LI-FOR, NI-A, KICKS ASS YEA
THEY DON'T CAAAAAAARRREEEEE ABOOOUUUUUTT TOOOOM  (NO YODELS)
THEY, JUST WANT, TO PLAY, AND DO SHOWS
MATT, DOES GREAT, AND CAN, HIT THE NOTES
THEY DON'T CAAAAAAAARRREEEEE ABOOOUUUUUUT TOOOOM (NO YODELS)

Christian wrote:She saaaaaaaaiiiiiiid "it's not blink without Tom".
The next daaaaaaaaaay, she's blasting Left Alone.
She wants Neigh-, borhoods 2, or some new, AVA, but this is way betterrrrrrr.
Tom made things, difficult, and awkward, but she won't, LET ANYONE TELL HERRRRRRRRRR!
YOU, DON'T WANT, TO JUST, ADMIT IT
CA, LI-FOR, NI-A, KICKS ASS YEA
THEY DON'T CAAAAAAARRREEEEE ABOOOUUUUUTT TOOOOM  (NO YODELS)
THEY, JUST WANT, TO PLAY, AND DO SHOWS
MATT, DOES GREAT, AND CAN, HIT THE NOTES
THEY DON'T CAAAAAAAARRREEEEE ABOOOUUUUUUT TOOOOM (NO YODELS)

brilliant haha

Elevator wrote:Like the numbers show, a vocal minority.

the survey results mostly go against my opinion massively every time, I am apparently the contrary blink fan. oh well.

Dookie wrote:I don't get why people dislike Los Angeles so much. It's the most "untitled" sounding song on the record in my opinion. Chorus jams so hard.

I guess I dig it so much because of the hints towards the harder stuff, which is what I listen to outside of blink.

It's one of my faves too, I think a lot of people have written it off as "falloutboyish"

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Debating going to see them in 16 days. I'm out of PTO for work, it'd be a 2.5 hour drive both ways, and I've seen them twice already this summer (one show was literally 2 rows in front of Mark). I want to hear some California stuff live though. All of the videos make me really want to see them play Los Angeles, Cynical, etc.

Dookie wrote:Debating going to see them in 16 days. I'm out of PTO for work, it'd be a 2.5 hour drive both ways, and I've seen them twice already this summer (one show was literally 2 rows in front of Mark). I want to hear some California stuff live though. All of the videos make me really want to see them play Los Angeles, Cynical, etc.

Do it! Cynical live is mindblowingly awesome.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

I have two shows lined up, but only purchased tickets for one actual show. They would literally be back to back. My only hold up with the second show is the fact this is all planned during a trip to visit where I grew up. And the way things are currently scheduled I wouldn't have much time to visit and see people If i saw the second show.. on that Sunday.

See back to back blink shows or hang with people I barely talk to.. Decisions Decisions.
Last edited by OBGYN_KENOBI on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:I have two shows lined up, but only purchased tickets for one actual show. They would literally be back to back. My only hold up with the second show is the fact this is all planned during a trip to visit where I grew up. And the way things are currently scheduled I wouldn't have much time to visit and see people If i saw the second show.. on that Sunday.

See back to back blink shows or hang with people I barely talk too.. Decisions Decisions.

Blink!

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

Elevator wrote:Like the numbers show, a vocal minority.

Goes to show you how much this fan base loves Tom DeLonge that they'll still support him rejoining even if the guy has quit the band twice already, and really has not cared about the band since like 2003. Kind of makes me sad people would toss Skiba aside for Tom to come back at this point. Skiba is a more talented (and more importantly, dedicated) musician at this stage in their lives, he's killed it on the new record and has been nothing short of awesome live and yet.... most of us would take him back in a heartbeat. Poor Skiba, crying alone in his room wiping away the tears with hundred dollar bills. He'll be fine :)

It will probably just take time for people to come to terms with Tom moving on to other things in his life and accepting Matt Skiba as our lord and savior. I'm pretty sure every big band that's replaced an integral part of the core has the fans who will always say the band would be better with the old member.. I guess this is what Van Halen fans went through, and AC/DC, and AC/DC again.

Kay wrote:Elevator did a great job of contacting loads of different demographics. I even shared it with an alk3 group who seemed super interested, I imagine it was quite evenly spread.
did you take it to the avamovement in the end elevator? 'cuz if you didn't then the Tom minority is louder than I expected.

I put it on AVA movement near the beginning but it had little to no interest.

twitter