Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

That setlist isn't too bad. They're playing a lot of highlights. But they need more from the new album. Like. A lot more.

Out of the singles, FUCK Always. Then FUCK violence, FUCK reckless abandon. Replace them with new songs.

And what about Rabbit Hole? I thought they were going to play that song live forever and ever?

[grumble grumble grumble]

I reread that and, fuck, I sound negative. Please read that in a happy, go-lucky way.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:That setlist isn't too bad. They're playing a lot of highlights. But they need more from the new album. Like. A lot more.

Out of the singles, FUCK Always. Then FUCK violence, FUCK reckless abandon. Replace them with new songs.

And what about Rabbit Hole? I thought they were going to play that song live forever and ever?

[grumble grumble grumble]

I reread that and, fuck, I sound negative. Please read that in a happy, go-lucky way.

Always and Violence are probably my favorite songs with Skiba. His voice is PERFECT for those songs. Also "Always" has become over the years arguably one of my top blink songs. Top songs period...

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:
And she said... wrote:The best blink article I've ever read: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/ ... california

That was a pretty fucking awesome article. I must say, A surprising place for it come from as well...

I love The New Yorker and have been subscribed to it for a while, but the article bugged the fuck out of me. It felt sloppy for a magazine that's all about good writing. Rather than going into all of the particulars, what annoyed me the most was the way he described most, if not all of, the songs. I either completely disagreed with them or didn't understand his descriptions. For example, I don't know how Los Angeles is at all generic. The spooky synths at the beginning and the Tarzanian "Whoa-oh-oh-oohs" in the first verse alone .....
-Hot Water Music

AtticusFinch wrote:What are the chances we'll get a pro shot of one of the concerts? 0%?

It seems most of the later ones are from European festivals.

No idea. considering how many new songs they're potentially adding, a part of me kind of hopes they're aiming to do a live of some kind. with the crazy set up they kind of should.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

I would rather them play new songs rather than deep cuts from past albums. This tour is celebrating the new album. So they should play it. I don't know. It just seems weird that you're promoting an album with a tour and mostly playing songs from their previous catalog.

I mean, I get why, but it's just like, huh? Maybe just play a few singles ... the best ones .... and then just wreck shit up with the new album.

I'm still loving the fuck out of this new album, by the way. Listen to it on my way to and from work. And then, if I'm feeling especially frisky, choosing to play it on my vinyl at home. Cynical and California sound especially epic on vinyl ....
-Hot Water Music

Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:I would rather them play new songs rather than deep cuts from past albums. This tour is celebrating the new album. So they should play it. I don't know. It just seems weird that you're promoting an album with a tour and mostly playing songs from their previous catalog.

I mean, I get why, but it's just like, huh? Maybe just play a few singles ... the best ones .... and then just wreck shit up with the new album.

I'm still loving the fuck out of this new album, by the way. Listen to it on my way to and from work. And then, if I'm feeling especially frisky, choosing to play it on my vinyl at home. Cynical and California sound especially epic on vinyl ....

Totally agree, I'm going to the show wanting/expecting to hear songs like Sober, Left Alone, Cynical. I don't care about listening to ATSS, Always or GATC and songs like that. I'm celebrating the album, they could play the album front to back and I'd be mostly happy.

Though I always want to hear Carousel.

Previously known as NotForsaken

That feldman interview on the main page was pretty cool. While it could all be very well planned, everything he said, none of it really being true. What was said impressed me. Feldmans work maybe poppy, and put through the tech grinder one to many times. But whats there is carefully engineered. Everything is there on purpose. He really cares about his projects. He really cared for blink .This record I can excited him maybe even more than blink themselves. And that says a lot about a producer. It says a lot about John Feldman.

Hereing him mention "Patchwork" when referring to the original studio recordings. Didnt surprise me. I kind of thought that was going to be the case. Its in a way the best way to describe Neighborhoods. Pathwork. I am curious on what it sounded like. But part of me feels like we got some one of the best stuff already. Maybe the other stuff will sound cooler in small chucks, small EPS. (If we even get to hear any of it at ALL) .

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Elevator wrote:Rewatching vids from when Up All Night premiered and the first reunion show in Vegas and SHIT that was such a fun fucking time. I can't believe it's been so long.

I was there the first night in Vegas. It was fucking insane and the best experience of my life. Hearing Not Now live was magical. I'm going again to the OKC show and even though it wont be able to top that night, it's going to be fucking legendary.

I mean I wouldn't want them to drop songs like "Violence", "Dysentery Gary" or "Man Overboard" but I thought that those were the kind of songs they would drop if they were at all proud of this new record and wanted to play more songs from it.
Most bands will play over half of the new album at shows - especially on the earlier dates.

Setlist:

Feeling This
WMAA
Family Reunion
The Rock Show
Cynical - debut
First Date
Down
I Miss You
Bored to Death
Buil This Pool
Dumpweed
Always
Stay Together for the Kids
No Future - debut
Man Overboard
Violence
Dysentery Gary
Kings of the Weekend - debut
Carousel
Los Angeles - debut
ATST
Brohemian Rhapsody
Dammit

Matt: Should we play San Diego? Since we're playing in San Diego?
Mark: Nahhh