Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

https://t.co/WfZV9JSy6v
So, here you go guys, a trip through "The Psychie Of Hoppus"

It's an interesting interview, but if you want the long story short:
Aliens Exist, but not THAT WAY.
He owns a Warhol.
He's Up All Night.
All of the self doubt towards songwriting you believe he's got is completely true.
He's trying to read at least 1 book a month.
"I'm a little bit shy, a bit strange and a little bit manic..."

Elevator wrote:
c_ortiz93 wrote:Mark and Matt are at a baseball game together right now and that makes me happy as fuck hahaha idk why.

My brother's at the game. Told him to keep an eye out for Mark's Dodgers cap. He said he'd ask them about Tom just to make it weird. I advised him against this.

Your brother sounds like a troll. I like it.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

I don't mind Tom talking to high ranking officers about UFOs and aliens if he actually is. But even if his aim is to pursue that interest, he keeps bringing the same flaws that he brings to his approach to life in general...too many disparate ideas and a complete lack of focus.

If he is going to obsess over it and do in depth interviewing and recruiting people with "secret information" instead of dedicating his working life to blink, then why turn it into teen novels, posters, music EPs, films, documentaries, books, cartoons, websites etc etc. If he is doing the hard work of aggregating lots of research, just sit down with a writer or producer and make a kick ass TV series about it all, focussed on the most interesting stuff, or write ONE book about what he has learned. There's no focus on any of his endevaours and it's all just chaos.

And that lack of disciplne and common sense is sad and annoying. Because more and more since probably 2002 he has become increasinly bored (and incapable) of having one priority, and it just ends up with a ton of rubbish which it's hard to relate to or understand the point of. And that makes me want him to realise how awesome blink is again so he can get back to what he was actually good at.

Random sigh/rant.
TL;DR - The more projects Tom has, the less quality he attatches to each of them.

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

Yea so I have to say, I went to the Milwaukee show last night and was mildly disappointed. This wasn't necessarily the bands fault either, because they sounded really really good. I guess I'll just tell the story:

Worked from 9-12:30 in Chicago, had to run home to grab my car and then rush up to Milwaukee in order to make the VIP meet-up time which was 3:30 absolute latest. I had the Bored to Death package, so we all meet by one of the entrances, and stand in line for about an hour and a half in the hot sun waiting to be let into the venue. They shuffle 50-100 of us or so into the completely empty general admission area, and there were Mark and Matt just standing there, shooting the shit, interacting a little with the fans, and tuning their instruments. Travis came out a minute or two later to cheers. It was so fucking cool, it almost felt like a private concert. They played WMAA, Small Things (which they hilariously referred to as "THAT song" i.e. "should we play THAT song"), and Wendy Clear, which was very cool. Between songs I shouted "PLAY CYNICAL" and something odd happened. Mark kinda looked up to the sky like he was thinking, started strumming the opening bass chords but was a little bit off, like he was trying to remember how to play it. Then they just moved on. I was surprised that he didn't seem to remember how to play a song which is become a fan favorite from the album they just released , but whatever. So anyway, they shuffle us out and that was that. AWESOME experience, and easily the best part of the day.

The gf and I had a few hours to kill before the actual show, so we just sort of enjoyed summerfest, had a bunch of beers but frustratingly never got DRUNK. That ever happen to you guys? Anyhoo, we had seats dead center stage about 15 rows up from the back of GA, so great view. All Time Low was good but silly. So blink comes on. The energy of the crowd was pretty good, but not nearly as crazy or rowdy as I've seen it for past tours post-reunion. The band sounded pretty good, but I have to say I was EXTREMELY disappointed by the setlist. I hate to beat a dead horse here, but it really makes no sense. The only songs they played from Cali were Bored to Death and the two joke songs. No Rabbit Hole even. Maybe its because it was technically a "festival show" (although at summerfest you still need to buy separate tickets for the main stage, and everyone there seemed to be blink fans), but I have never heard of a band touring to support an album, and only playing one real song off said album. I have essentially heard the same setlist for the last 7 years. The only song they played last night that can be considered a "deep cut" was Dysentery Gary, which was cool. They also did STFTK and Not Now, which I suppose are a little more rare ?

I dont know guys. I love Skiba a lot, he sounds great, and I love him on California. But it DID feel just a little off hearing him sing all of these songs. I don't think I would have felt that way if the setlist was more focused on California songs and Mark songs, but 16 of the 21 non-joke songs were either fully sung by Matt or mostly sung by Matt. Again, I LOVE matt, but I'm just confused at their strategy for this setlist. A lot of it also probably had to do with by the time blink came on, i was fucking exhausted from the day and still had a two hour drive back to Chicago ahead of me, so I guess FUCK ME in that respect.

I will say, they sounded great, the band looked like they were having a blast. So there's the plus side right there. Sorry for the wall of text.

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!