Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Kyle wrote:
gompy182 wrote:I do enjoy them together being happy, but i don;t think the california album is for me

But if you had to pick one song...

Agreed, I just don't enjoy it. It's all too manufactured. It's like they are trying to hard to be fun. Every time I hear whoas or nanas I cringe. A lot of people like it, people who haven't liked blink in years. But I'm happy to neighbourhoods and dogs eating dogs on because for me there is something there.

Then again, this may grow on me. But for the first time in my life this is a blink album I don't like and that's weird.

But one song? Bored to death of hey I'm sorry. They seem more 2016 blink.

Fascinating interview with Travis where he mentions this about Tom:

The last blink-182 album, Neighborhoods, was infamously recorded entirely separately – no-one was in the studio at the same time as one another. Conversely, on this record, it feels like yourself, Mark and Matt all kept relatively close quarters. Do you think that’s something that’s reflected in the album itself?

I think so. There were a few pretty clear problems with the Neighborhoods record. Jerry Finn, the producer we had worked with for so long, had just passed away. We were all disconnected – Tom had his studio, we had ours. I had survived a plane crash and was out of my mind. I saw some of my closest friends lose their lives. We were just trying to pull ourselves together. We had nobody there to be like, “That chorus could be bigger” or “this intro shouldn’t be so long.” There was no producer doing that, which I think is instrumental. You need that extra set of eyes and ears. It’s like a general contractor looking over a building. I think we just wanted to put something out. I still like the album, but I’m the kind who nitpicks a lot. Still, that was us trying to meet up and write again after so many years.

The same goes for Dogs Eating Dogs – there are great moments on there, but toward the end of Tom being in the band it really did become like pulling teeth for us. Tom wanted the band to be different. It didn’t make sense to me. We could sell out Reading and Leeds, play to 100,000 people – look at what they go crazy for. It’s all the fast, fun songs that people know this band for. I think Tom’s time away from the band will help him to realise what blink-182 does really is awesome. I hope it convinces him. I’m really proud of who we are and what we sound like.

http://fasterlouder.junkee.com/Travis-B ... nia/864191

-----------------

It's telling, to me, that Travis is the one person speaking out for Tom like he's in rehab or something. It tells me that Mark actually has a lot he *could* say about the situation, and that's it not simply as black and white as he makes it out to be, but in his own mind he needs to turn the page. Maybe Travis never felt betrayed about so many things that Tom did compared to how Mark took them. Odd. Fascinating.

twitter

I feel like if back in 2009/2010 (when people outside core fans were legit hyped about blink) they pulled a beyonce and randomly dropped an album, and a mark/tom version of cynical was the opening track people would go crazy. that song screams triumphant return.

I said before that neighborhoods and california are night and day albums (both mediocre for oppossite reasons) but if you pluck the good songs from each, and have mark tom and travis rerecord them with the production quality of untitled, you'd have an album that rivals untitled. imagine this tracklisting:
Spoiler: show
1. Cynical
2. Ghosts on the Dancefloor
3. Up All Night
4. Los Angeles ft Matt Skiba
5. Snake Charmer
6. Home is Such a Lonely Place
7. Disaster
8. Bored to Death ft Matt Skiba
9. Kaleidoscope
10. Fighting the Gravity
11. Hey I'm Sorry
12. Brohemian Rhapsody

carlcockatoo wrote:I feel like if back in 2009/2010 (when people outside core fans were legit hyped about blink) they pulled a beyonce and randomly dropped an album, and a mark/tom version of cynical was the opening track people would go crazy. that song screams triumphant return.

I said before that neighborhoods and california are night and day albums (both mediocre for oppossite reasons) but if you pluck the good songs from each, and have mark tom and travis rerecord them with the production quality of untitled, you'd have an album that rivals untitled. imagine this tracklisting:
1. Cynical
3. Up All Night
5. Snake Charmer
7. Disaster
9. Kaleidoscope
10. Fighting the Gravity
11. Hey I'm Sorry
12. Brohemian Rhapsody

I think Toms vocals would suck on the california tracks. they kinda suck on the neighborhoods tracks. plus eww Disaster.

frisky wrote:I just realized I haven't used the actual album art for anything post-reunion. I have Ryan's Neighborhoods cover, Elevator's DED cover, and Kay's California cover.

I'm honoured to have made the list.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

carlcockatoo wrote:I feel like if back in 2009/2010 (when people outside core fans were legit hyped about blink) they pulled a beyonce and randomly dropped an album, and a mark/tom version of cynical was the opening track people would go crazy. that song screams triumphant return.

1. Cynical
3. Up All Night
5. Snake Charmer
7. Disaster
9. Kaleidoscope
10. Fighting the Gravity
11. Hey I'm Sorry
12. Brohemian Rhapsody

The thing with this is most of the tracks wouldn't exist without Skiba's input. The end of Cynical, Los Angeles, etc, all Skiba. We'd have completely different songs with Tom.

Just did a parosel of the physical CD which came in the mail. Two surprises.

Firstly Toms name no where on the record. No Astrix or anything.Curious about the whole legal situation.

Second there were more song writers involved then they let on. So the album would have sounded very different with Tom. I'm a little sickend actually.

Think we all but confirmed Marks lack of confidence is at detrimental levels...

I need to break something. Excuse me.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

1. Cynical
3. Up All Night
5. Snake Charmer
7. Disaster
9. Kaleidoscope
10. Fighting the Gravity
11. Hey I'm Sorry
12. Brohemian Rhapsody

I don't think Los Angeles or Fighting the Gravity would be considered top songs on either of these albums.