Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Elevator wrote:I'm going to set BTD's uninteresting nature aside and hope there's more on California that truly speaks to me and that my doubts are unfounded.

That's the attitude to have. Also, I have always been partial to Tom's contributions of Mark's since I first starting listening to blink. He was my favorite musically and personality-wise. It fucking bums me out that he's not in the band. I don't think you're a "Tombot" just like I dont feel like I'm a Tombot. At the same time though, you did spend a lot of time the past few days jumping to a lot of conclusions - e.g. saying the artwork and titled were lazy and meaningless when we can't know that yet, calling Matt "other-Mark" just because their voices sound similar on one song where Mark happens to be singing in a higher register (which I dont think will be every song). I respect your opinions on the song, and I agree to a small extent. I also agree with some of your feelings regarding the band, but am choosing to focus on the positive. But still, you can't say things like that and not expect some pushback, pushback which I did not think was inflammatory or attacking you at all. So let's not draw battle lines quite yet.

Edit: Also, I do agree that the "if you make a point about wishing Tom was still in the band you should do it elsewhere" is not a good attitude. Comments about the new material and lineup compared with the old material and original lineup should be fair game here.

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

Tom's facebook:

Hi everybody-
I understand all the craziness out there in Internet-land, it is an odd time for fans of the Blink-182 legacy, I know- It's odd for me, too.
Well, I met with Mark yesterday, and Travis the week before.... I actually talk to Travis almost every day, now.
The answer is this:
We DO have a future together if we want it, but for now we are busy doing separate things. I am directing a movie this summer, releasing a couple more albums of music and digging deeper into my relationships with the US Government on the Sekret Machines Project.
I know people are comparing the Angels and Airwaves Chasing Shadows EP to the new Blink-182 music, and that is a failed task. For one, I think having a song-writer that came in on the Blink album (Feldy- 5 Seconds of Summer, Good Charlotte) was something they felt was necessary, and that in itself may be an indicator of some of our current artistic differences that are difficult to overcome. At the time, I was recording the song NEW WORLD (on the DEMOS album titled after my own name) and that was my personal opinion of where we could possibly take Blink for the next album. But we are at different places in our minds, careers and goals, I get it.
But that said, I obviously want them to make the music they wish. I have always been thankful for them in my life, but I am a forward thinking artist, and sometimes that leads me down a different path- That is why I have done other projects like: Box Car Racer, Angels and Airwaves- LOVE 1 & 2, AND The Dream Walker etc...
I look forward to my upcoming Feature Film, the Historical-Fiction Sekret Machines Project, the Poet Anderson adventure, the ridiculous stories of Strange Times, and a hell of a lot more...
....Maybe even a bit of Blink-182 if we can build back that "special something" that was once there.
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

Was just coming to see if you guys had seen this shit. Lol you beat me to it.

I didn't expect to feel this way at all, but more than anything I'm just angry. Like. There was a twinge of nostalgia there.... a little bit of "hey maybe something cool will happen..." and then this storm of PTSD swelled up inside me that was like "NO. YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THIS GOES."

I'm good with where things are at. I love Bored To Death and I'm more excited for this album than I have been since the initial reunion. This just looks like Tom riding on the coat-tails of the positive press they've been receiving....

I should probably cool down and come back to this in like... 6 months.
I saw you again
I know you fucked him again
Can you comfort yourself with this sense of revenge?
Are you leaving me here with the taste of the end?

blinkfan4evr54 wrote:At the same time though, you did spend a lot of time the past few days jumping to a lot of conclusions - e.g. saying the artwork and titled were lazy and meaningless when we can't know that yet, calling Matt "other-Mark" just because their voices sound similar on one song where Mark happens to be singing in a higher register (which I dont think will be every song). I respect your opinions on the song, and I agree to a small extent. I also agree with some of your feelings regarding the band, but am choosing to focus on the positive. But still, you can't say things like that and not expect some pushback, pushback which I did not think was inflammatory or attacking you at all. So let's not draw battle lines quite yet.

The artwork and title ARE still, in my opinion, disappointing and uninspired, but part of that's on me for having way too high of expectations. Maybe after listening to the songs I'll change my tune, but upon first glance I still have no evidence to change my mind just yet. If I jumped the gun on my opinions of those, that's just how I am. I'm a passionate, outspoken, and often wrong blowhard, and this place is my blink-182 outlet, often for thoughts that make up my disappointments and frustrations with this band.

That was a lot of commas.

If those of you here actually knew me, heard my voice, or saw my face, I'd think you'd see that I'm not a bad or terribly mean person. I may be pessimistic & a wet rag at times, but I love this fucking band irrationally more than most anyone should. The difference is that I gravitated to Tom infinitely more than Mark, and for the majority of the people here it seems they did just the opposite. Regardless of how we argue or how I evoke people with my sentiments on specific subjects, in the end it almost always seems to come back to Mark vs. Tom, and the numbers game frequently leaves me a minority, and I don't like being cornered.

twitter

Hi everybody-
I understand all the craziness out there in Internet-land, it is an odd time for fans of the Blink-182 legacy, I know- It's odd for me, too.
Well, I met with Mark yesterday, and Travis the week before.... I actually talk to Travis almost every day, now.
The answer is this:
We DO have a future together if we want it, but for now we are busy doing separate things. I am directing a movie this summer, releasing a couple more albums of music and digging deeper into my relationships with the US Government on the Sekret Machines Project.
I know people are comparing the Angels and Airwaves Chasing Shadows EP to the new Blink-182 music, and that is a failed task. For one, I think having a song-writer that came in on the Blink album (Feldy- 5 Seconds of Summer, Good Charlotte) was something they felt was necessary, and that in itself may be an indicator of some of our current artistic differences that are difficult to overcome. At the time, I was recording the song NEW WORLD (on the DEMOS album titled after my own name) and that was my personal opinion of where we could possibly take Blink for the next album. But we are at different places in our minds, careers and goals, I get it.
But that said, I obviously want them to make the music they wish. I have always been thankful for them in my life, but I am a forward thinking artist, and sometimes that leads me down a different path- That is why I have done other projects like: Box Car Racer, Angels and Airwaves- LOVE 1 & 2, AND The Dream Walker etc...
I look forward to my upcoming Feature Film, the Historical-Fiction Sekret Machines Project, the Poet Anderson adventure, the ridiculous stories of Strange Times, and a hell of a lot more...
....Maybe even a bit of Blink-182 if we can build back that "special something" that was once there.

Huh. I mean it's nice they're talking and something has apparently been worked out, but this statement is really just Tom telling people, "yeah we have a relationship and I am NOT out of the band, but as of right now they are doing blink their way and I'm doing my own thing. The door, however, is open to me being a part of blink again and while it's ambiguous as to the circumstances of that, that is for then and now is now."

I imagine nobody here will really have anything positive to say about it, so commence the bashing of Tom for continuing to be his usual frustrating & odd self.

twitter

Elevator wrote:For the record, I no longer read posts from MH8.2.2011, Broccoli_Apocalypse, and I guess I'll have to add chiefblink117 to the list because frankly they say the same things, most of which is in poorly-written long form, and there is no profit in conversing with them 90% of the time.

Naah, we love you. At least I'll keep reading from you. It's only that posts you've written since BTD leak, you've mentioned Tom a lot and how you don't enjoy Blink that much without him (that's the message I'm getting). I agree it's okay to express it, but not over and over. Just my two cents.

p.s Aren't we all weird?

And she said... wrote:Tom's facebook:

Hi everybody-
The answer is this:

I think he's all chill in the inside, but some how doesn't manage to express himself correctly? Or approach some people (mark and Travis) in the correct manner? I don't know what to think about all that.

Tom will always sound weird and arrogant when he talks about his art and how forward thinking he is, you just have to learn to live with that i guess. What does sound truly arrogant and quite disrespectful is the part about Feldy as a songwriter. But i don't know, Tom has always been weird.He used to be interested in making music that i like, now he doesnt. That's life.

What i truly can't understand though is why on earth the government would co-operate with Tom and go like "here is a bunch of secrets we never wanted people to know, but go ahead and go out and write about them!"

Let's hear it for not wiping!

I'm sad that the most negative comments on this single I've seen has been on the message board I've been following for 7 years. Not bashing anyone that doesn't like it by any means!

Personally, I think it's awesome, and miles better than anything on NH/DED. Tom has been a disgraceful live artist for 10 years now, and I never rated AVA, with the exception of a couple of songs on the Dream Walker.

I'm happy that Blink are putting out relevant pop punk in 2016. I got into Neck Deep/No, Captain Chunk, No!/Knuckle Puck/State Champs/The Story So Far etc in the last 2 years, and this single is right up to that standard.

I was pretty bitter with NH, IMO every song after Hearts All Gone was pure trash, as was Snake Charmer. I thought Pretty Little Girl was a car crash of a song, cheesy lyrics, out of place Yelawolf cameo and unnecessary synth.

I'm happy that Tom is doing what he's passionate about, because I was fed up of the delays, the hype, the let downs and all the rest of it. I accepted Blink were no more in 2005, this new material has brought back massive nostalgia and I'm pumped.

ILikeBlink182 wrote:What i truly can't understand though is why on earth the government would co-operate with Tom and go like "here is a bunch of secrets we never wanted people to know, but go ahead and go out and write about them!"

Government is (and maybe always be) a step ahead of everyone else. They know what they give him and surely have a reason we just can't think of. I don't know, I wouldn't underestimate the US government. But what I don't understand is why Tom even mentions it in that statement.

I like how he reached out to cut the tension. But I don't respect the need for another stupid plug to his other shit.

I respect others opinions. But only opinions that have some backing evidence. That makes it make sense. I've made no personal attacks on anyone. If I did id say so.

I just hope blink can continue doing what they doing. And I'll keep listening to new Tom music. (Can we still call it AVA).

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Ryan. wrote:its literally the same thing he has been saying for 9 months. ITs a very blanket straightforward response.
The only thing that is make me 'angry' is the statement about bringing Feldy in.

This. Sorry, like I said I needed to calm down a bit. I couldn't put my finger on it but that statement is what really bugged me. Seemed like an underhanded insult and did a huge disservice to John Feldman who is known for a hell of a lot more than 5SOS and Good Charlotte...
I saw you again
I know you fucked him again
Can you comfort yourself with this sense of revenge?
Are you leaving me here with the taste of the end?

chiefblink117 wrote:
ILikeBlink182 wrote:What i truly can't understand though is why on earth the government would co-operate with Tom and go like "here is a bunch of secrets we never wanted people to know, but go ahead and go out and write about them!"

Government is (and maybe always be) a step ahead of everyone else. They know what they give him and surely have a reason we just can't think of. I don't know, I wouldn't underestimate the US government. But what I don't understand is why Tom even mentions it in that statement.

Because he's egotistical and has to make the show about himself. Why do you think he waited until the single dropped and they're getting tons of positive vibes before he posted something like this? It wasn't because he was "worried about fans" and the confusion. Fans have been confused for years and this new blink has been know to be in the making. Dude just wants some of the spotlight.
Whatever though. I'm glad the blink dudes can continue without him hampering anything.

restingbird wrote:Whatever though. I'm glad the blink dudes can continue without him hampering anything.

Correct. Found this on the facebook post comment section and it's totally right:

"Enough with the name! They didn't change it after Scott left the band. Van Halen, Ac Dc, Metallica, Goo Goo Dolls, Sum 41, they all have changed members more then TWICE! They all kept their names. It's still blink!"

Can't agree more, it's just band evolution or how ever you want to call it. Although I still follow Tom and respect his own work, but the guy just cannot handle himself on some moments or comments.

Tom has been an enigma for me for sometime. Honestly what I loved about him is slowly fading away. Its hard for me to keep caring. Im a huge fan of blink, their music catalog and to a lesser extent these days the members themselves. Im still getting the sillyness, im still getting the good music. So I'm good.

I knew Tom was going to respond in someway. Didn't see this way coming. It in a away is a jab at the band. In away its saying to the world no look look Im still in the band I swear!! In away its an olive branch. Im sure a good number of people will read through it a 100 times. I've personally made my peace with one. I'm assuming more responses will hit as the tour ramps up. And we get an album release. The nature of them is still up in the air. I hope its that he's excited and likes what he hears. But it probably won't be.

This can go one of two ways. Either Tom will make peace with it. Or a total legal war will blow up as Tom tries to stop the band from on-going without him. But with that said Im done with Tom, well minus one more shot im working on... (Details when Its ready). This is the blink-182 form. And we should be talking about current blink. So thats what I'm going to do.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs