Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Muttweed182 wrote:http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6685076/tom-delonge-blink-182-split-angels-and-airwaves-poet-anderson-novel-album

Hmmm

Ya know, I would have given him a pass on this interview (since it's basically a summary of stuff we already know), but then he HAD to word it like this:

I've got to get these things finished before I can go back and celebrate something I did a long time ago, if that makes sense.

I think that's the split. Tom sees blink as a celebration of his past, where Mark/Travis don't want it to be that yet.

People don't know this shit 'cause I didn't go out and talk about it."

But it's ok to talk about it now?

"Tom and Travis are my brothers and I'd do anything for those guys. When all of this is said and done, we'll all be together looking back going 'fuck, we made it'."
– Mark, UC2

"So many other bands just fight, they don't get along and hate each other, but when things come down the road that are hard and gnarly... It's just us three, I feel like it doesn't matter, I feel like we can do anything"
– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

HOLY F*** S*** BALLS BATMAN!!!

I can't help but think that interview was a direct response to Marks activities for the day. Like I feel like Tom called up Billboard and said "Hey you guys want to interview me??" And wow some of that article really bothers me. "Its cool if they want to play songs I wrote". Hes like sorrta trying to take credit for every blink-182 song ever made? I feel like that statement in itself is him trying to pat himself on the back, and in a way make himself feel better.

And to top it all of he makes this statement:
"Those guys want to play the music and tour all the time, but I'm involved in some very big shit and some very important stuff."

To me this basically says "Yeah lets gets back together but I still cant do anything blink-182 related for possibly ever" Meaning shit wouldnt change not even in the slightest. Wondering how much his tune will change when they release some music. I really really hope hes feel butt hurt . Oh Tom...Tom...Tom...Tom...

Now.. we play long wait game till they actually show us something...

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

MH8.2.2011 wrote:HOLY F*** S*** BALLS BATMAN!!!

I can't help but think that interview was a direct response to Marks activities for the day. Like I feel like Tom called up Billboard and said "Hey you guys want to interview me??" And wow some of that article really bothers me. "Its cool if they want to play songs I wrote". Hes like sorrta trying to take credit for every blink-182 song ever made? I feel like that statement in itself is him trying to pat himself on the back, and in a way make himself feel better.

"Those guys want to play the music and tour all the time, but I'm involved in some very big shit and some very important stuff."

To me this basically says "Yeah lets gets back together but I still cant do anything blink-182 related for possibly ever" Meaning shit wouldnt change not even in the slightest. Wondering how much his tune will change when they release some music. I really really hope hes feel butt hurt . Oh Tom...Tom...Tom...Tom...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... ovel-album

Eh. I don't read that from that interview. Sounds like Tom is simply only buying/selling his version of events, which is probably halfway true (just like it's halfway true with Mark & Travis). Because they each are so entrenched in what they believe the other is thinking, neither will compromise on what the actual story is. However the awkward reactions from the blink guys to Poet Anderson sounds spot on, haha.

twitter

To me this interview solidifies things in my mind. It gives me re-assurance in the decision that Mark & Travis made. I may actually get mad if they went back on it. It just shows from even what Tom says in the article he has no intentions of making blink-182 music anytime soon, even if they did ask him back. I see some people on Marks instragram post saying "Take Tom back, he said he wants back in Cmon!" and Im just sitting hear thinking they do realize Tom still wants to do nothing blink-182 at all right?

I'll just sit here and patiently wait for new Material. Although I know to think anything will surface in less then 8 months would just be silly. Considering Matt has tour plans in the fall with Ak3. Im crossing my fingers Mark will do something with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHyb7f8nRmA

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Waggy wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:I have the biggest fan boner right now thanks to Mark's instagram picture. Please excuse me while I sit in the corner and cry tears of joy. :)

Did you see Matt's posts too?

*Boner intensifies*

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

Tyler44 wrote:
Muttweed182 wrote:http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6685076/tom-delonge-blink-182-split-angels-and-airwaves-poet-anderson-novel-album

Hmmm

Ya know, I would have given him a pass on this interview (since it's basically a summary of stuff we already know), but then he HAD to word it like this:

I've got to get these things finished before I can go back and celebrate something I did a long time ago, if that makes sense.

I think that's the split. Tom sees blink as a celebration of his past, where Mark/Travis don't want it to be that yet.

I mean, technically its been 3 years since blink 'did' anything (besides touring) so I guess you could say its been a long time.

MH8.2.2011 wrote:HOLY F*** S*** BALLS BATMAN!!!

Reading this post I get the same feeling I got while reading your post in the BCR discussion some time ago, you either are Tom because you seem to know exactly what he thinks and feels, or you're basing all this on a very narrow-minded, speculative, anti-Tom intepretation of events..