Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

It feels like some of you have delusions of grandeur and are holding on to the memory of what Tom USE to be, like what Kay said that Tom is dead and gone and has been for a long time. You guys would honestly prefer Tom to Matt how Tom sounds in the PRESENT? I tried to fool myself and say "Oh Tom is just having an off night" with mostly every video I would watch over the last few years and I would feel embarrassed for watching it even if someone else wasn't around. I thought for many years the sun shined from Delonge's ass but after seeing this I cannot deny that this is for the best Matt is the best fit for blink better than now super ego Tom. Sorry for the long post just got a little disheartened.

Yeah guys, I loved Tom too. Keyword is "loved". He is 100% not the same Tom we used to know and love and you guys KNOW that! Nostalgia can only work for so long before you realize that Tom:

1. Does not care about blink (unless it's making him money)
2. He has openly admitted he doesn't even really like playing guitar anymore.
3. He is a liar. He has yet to say ANYTHING concrete about what actually happened when he QUIT THE BAND THE SECOND TIME.
4. Most importantly... This isn't 1999 anymore guys. He's not the same person. Just accept that. Matt was loads better than Tom in those performances and to deny that just makes you delusional.

I love what Tom used to be. And I know Matt isn't what made blink BLINK, but that doesn't matter. What made blink actually blink no longer exists. Tom is gone, and he doesn't give a fuck about blink unless it's funding his 3,000 other business projects.

https://coastingband.bandcamp.com

Waggy wrote:Yeah guys, I loved Tom too. Keyword is "loved". He is 100% not the same Tom we used to know and love and you guys KNOW that! Nostalgia can only work for so long before you realize that Tom:

3. He is a liar. He has yet to say ANYTHING concrete about what actually happened when he QUIT THE BAND THE SECOND TIME.
4. Most importantly... This isn't 1999 anymore guys. He's not the same person. Just accept that. Matt was loads better than Tom in those performances and to deny that just makes you delusional.

I love what Tom used to be. And I know Matt isn't what made blink BLINK, but that doesn't matter. What made blink actually blink no longer exists. Tom is gone, and he doesn't give a fuck about blink unless it's funding his 3,000 other business projects.

Amen to you good sir. Was it Mark or Skiba that yelled "FUCK!" on Mark's part of Dysentery Gary?

Fentoozler wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:I really hope that a full nice quality video of "Always" pops up soon! This little teaser here has me so hyped!

Spoiler: show

YESSSS!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Matt Skiba is wonderful. :heart: :heart: :clap: :clap:

HOLY CRAP! THAT ENDING! :) :) :) Love it! If Tom would have ever tried something like that it would have just been off key yodeling.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

yodda wrote:
Elevator wrote:It's not bad, but it's not Tom, so it's not blink.

Like someone said earlier - he's on pitch and everything but it sounds dull.
It's lacking Tom's energy.

The guitar is better though.

I agree.

And no matter how much people hate Tom or whine about the things he does, nobody can replace him because he's pretty unique to say the least. I think Matt sounds great though, and he never disappoints on the guitar.
Sig made by Elevator

Zechariah wrote:
Waggy wrote:Yeah guys, I loved Tom too. Keyword is "loved". He is 100% not the same Tom we used to know and love and you guys KNOW that! Nostalgia can only work for so long before you realize that Tom:

Amen to you good sir. Was it Mark or Skiba that yelled "FUCK!" on Mark's part of Dysentery Gary?

Mark

Elevator wrote:It's not bad, but it's not Tom, so it's not blink.

I'm amazed on Facebook how much hate this lineup has been getting. Yes I get it. It feels weird with a new singer. But taking into consideration the situation with the piss poor quality of Tom's New "Better" voice and his piss poor commitment to the band. I can't see why people can't deal. Why cant it be blink? No Tom no Blink? The same people who bash this new lineup are the same people who bash Tom every time he stepped on stage as a part of blink.

While yes its not the same. And nothing is better then an original line up. Truth is we will never get that unless we also bring back Scott. Who i'd never want to see over Travis. (Sorry). But Tom brought this upon himself. Yes he should be allowed to do whatever it is he wants, then let Mark & Travis do what ever the hell they want. If that means keeping blink-182 alive (a nobel goal in my mind) then let them. The fact of the matter is if we didnt see Matt on stage we would never of gotten any blink show in 2015.

I agree with the delusions of grander. Doesn't help every time we put on a CD we hear the old voice and for a second can maybe forget Tom's live voice. I wonder if we switched every version of every blink song of Tom's with his new live voice. If people would still feel the same way.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Scott=Tom is a fucking stupid argument and you know it.

That being said, if they wanted to bring back Scott and play the type of music they played on Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat, it'd be better than what they put out now.

Sig by KayTheMagnificent

"Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous." - Mark Hoppus

Ultimately, I'm gonna try to go with it. I'm not going to spend another 4 years hating Tom again. I mean, I'm still gonna check out his solo stuff and whatever future stuff he does. And if Mark and Travis would be happier doing blink with a new guy instead of bringing back or starting another band, I'll be for it if they're happy doing it. And as long Tom doesn't seem to mind that they're doing shows without him because he'd rather do something else, so be it? I mean, I don't see him holding a grudge against them for doing blink without him, because it was ultimately his decision to bail. You know?

That might be the single greatest comeback of all time lol and its sadly true.

This fits more in the Tom side of the forum but does anyone thing he's purposely singing this way? Like if he choose to he could sing more akin to 2004 and back? I think it be the ultimate Fuck you to Mark & Travis if he suddenly started using his old voice. All the new tracks off To The Stars.... (kinda be awesome also be all kinda of fucked up)

Make us fans enjoy Matt a little less knowing what could be....

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs