Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

carlcockatoo wrote:bringing back Boxcar Racer would be a terrible idea. Angles and Airwaves is the continuation of Boxcar Racer, and Boxcar Racer only really makes sense in the context it happened in.

Plus this wouldn't fill in for blink's role as Tom's money maker. The Boxcar Racer album charted about as high as a later AVA album, quickly dropped off, didn't produce any hit singles, and they played one really small tour. According to wikipedia it went gold in Canada and that's it. So yeah nobody would really care except for dedicated blink and AVA fans who would probably just see it as an insincere attempt to recreate the past probably for money again.

Okay, clearly Tom isn't going to make a Boxcar Racer album. He's going to have another name for it. But I mean he should make a dark, heavy, and fast album. Like how BCR was. My bad for saying that he is going to make a BCR album. But I will keep it in my sig. Just so all of you can be annoyed :)

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show

MilfredCubicle wrote:
carlcockatoo wrote:bringing back Boxcar Racer would be a terrible idea. Angles and Airwaves is the continuation of Boxcar Racer, and Boxcar Racer only really makes sense in the context it happened in.

Plus this wouldn't fill in for blink's role as Tom's money maker. The Boxcar Racer album charted about as high as a later AVA album, quickly dropped off, didn't produce any hit singles, and they played one really small tour. According to wikipedia it went gold in Canada and that's it. So yeah nobody would really care except for dedicated blink and AVA fans who would probably just see it as an insincere attempt to recreate the past probably for money again.

Okay, clearly Tom isn't going to make a Boxcar Racer album. He's going to have another name for it. But I mean he should make a dark, heavy, and fast album. Like how BCR was. My bad for saying that he is going to make a BCR album. But I will keep it in my sig. Just so all of you can be annoyed :)

Even if Tom Where to make an 'Official' second Box Car Racer Album I don't think it make me the slightest bit happy. In fact I just might get disgusted over the whole thing. Even if he were to write in the same exact style I don't think I could stand hearing Tom's 'New Voice' used on the album. It just doesn't work right. Last weekend I watched some blink shows from the early 2000's then watched some Concerts from 2013. Hearing Tom's 'new' voice on time old favorites was like hearing nails on a chalk board. The more I watch these the more I hear his new voice the more Im ready to welcome Matt into blink with open arms.

I also like to point out in the latest HMNIM podcast he used the term "Feels Like Home". Really choice words. So glad its working out. People better take some damn video tonight!!

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

carlcockatoo wrote:
MH8.2.2011 wrote:
I also like to point out in the latest HMNIM podcast he used the term "Feels Like Home". Really choice words. So glad its working out. People better take some damn video tonight!!

I saw on reddit that someone plans to record audio tonight and video at musink.

Crap I hope so.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

carlcockatoo wrote:
MH8.2.2011 wrote:

I saw on reddit that someone plans to record audio tonight and video at musink.

I'm goin to the Blink show tonight at the Roxy and i plan on recording the audio on my ipod. I usually always record the audio of concerts on my ipod, but outside shows turn out being better quality though. I had to spend around $200 for the ticket off Stubhub for the Roxy show tonight, but it's worth it, since it's just a small venue and it's the 1st show with Matt. The only tixs left on stubhub now r $330.