Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

I just remembered all of that talk from Tom and Mark about recording in a house again.

I got sad all over again.

"Tom and Travis are my brothers and I'd do anything for those guys. When all of this is said and done, we'll all be together looking back going 'fuck, we made it'."
– Mark, UC2

"So many other bands just fight, they don't get along and hate each other, but when things come down the road that are hard and gnarly... It's just us three, I feel like it doesn't matter, I feel like we can do anything"
– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

Travis is such an amazing human. Super talented and it always seems so super humble. I hope his kids really take to his personality and work ethic. You can go so far in life with those traits.

That interview got me really excited. The fact there is so much positive energy and they are having fun gives a shot for a bright future. So so jelly of anyone going to that show. I hope they do an album or at least one more nationwide tour. Just so I can see it live.

With that said two weeks doing rehearsals and being on the road for 4 - 5 months play shows back to back are two completely different stories. Wonder if they did a tour if they'd all still feel the same way.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

"We already signed a record deal and advanced a show, so we just decided to play this one without Tom and with Matt Skiba [Alkaline Trio frontman]. That’s pretty much the jist of it."

I really don't like this bit.. Because it kinda sounds like Tom will just be able to come back one day. But I'm probably just reading too far into it.
Sig by Djenni

Kurt182 wrote:"We already signed a record deal and advanced a show, so we just decided to play this one without Tom and with Matt Skiba [Alkaline Trio frontman]. That’s pretty much the jist of it."

I really don't like this bit.. Because it kinda sounds like Tom will just be able to come back one day. But I'm probably just reading too far into it.

I don't see any need to worry. I just see this is a very smart move by the band. They probably honestly don't know what to do next. They saw they had commitments to meet. And there doing their best to meet said commitments. For the immediate future thats exactly what they are doing. Who knows maybe legally they still may not be at liberty do more.. Thats probably a side of this we will never get to hear into. I think its smart the way they word it. It leaves a lot open to happen yet also doesn't put them in a position where they have to deliver more then they are capable of or comfortable with doing. Which if so may put the band in a worst position then they were before they fired Tom.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs