Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

xDumpweed182x wrote:
Chewy030 wrote:Don't get your hopes up people.They're just gunna let us down again, hell Tom's probably already started the next Angels record.

I understand that they've let us down a few times, but I can hardly stand to read your posts because all you have to say is a never ending stream of pessimism.

Hard not to be at this point. Where have the shown anything as to why we should believe they're finally going to record together? Pretty hard to keep holding out hope when they've been saying they're gunna record together then oh something comes up. Also if you don't like my posts you can just skip over them. Pretty simple really.

Chewy030 wrote:
xDumpweed182x wrote:
Chewy030 wrote:Don't get your hopes up people.They're just gunna let us down again, hell Tom's probably already started the next Angels record.

I understand that they've let us down a few times, but I can hardly stand to read your posts because all you have to say is a never ending stream of pessimism.

Hard not to be at this point. Where have the shown anything as to why we should believe they're finally going to record together? Pretty hard to keep holding out hope when they've been saying they're gunna record together then oh something comes up. Also if you don't like my posts you can just skip over them. Pretty simple really.

How about don't let yourself get so invested in what the band says and just let whatever happens happen? If they get together and record an album together, great! If they don't, oh well. Is really a big enough deal that you feel the need to come here and get all upset that a band didn't stick to their word? Be happy we might get any music at all.

xDumpweed182x wrote:
Chewy030 wrote:
xDumpweed182x wrote:

How about don't let yourself get so invested in what the band says and just let whatever happens happen? If they get together and record an album together, great! If they don't, oh well. Is really a big enough deal that you feel the need to come here and get all upset that a band didn't stick to their word? Be happy we might get any music at all.

So are we all supposed to be "Yay Blink" and never say a bad thing about them? I'm come on. I call it like i see it. I'm hardly take anything they say in regards to recording as serious anymore and with all the countless times of "oh we're recording by the end of the year" statments it's hard for me personally to get my hopes up.

If you still do cool. but don't be surprised when nothing happens.

So again if you don't like my posts fine, scroll right passed them and move on.

Elevator wrote:I'm saving all my hate for you people for when the album finally drops and people shit all over it anyway, despite bitching about how long it took for them to make it.

And then the AvA fans can finally jump back on the cyclic "Tom only cares about _____" hate-train. This fan base is as toxic as it is predictable.

I'm with Chewy on this one. It's just dumb to get our hopes up at this point. Until blink puts out an amazing record again, I've come to terms with the fact that blink will probably never ever be the same again. I mean, the guys are in their 40s for the most part, how long do you think they're gonna keep this up? I love blink and they're a huge part of my life, but I just don't see them doing much more in their career.

https://coastingband.bandcamp.com

Waggy wrote:I'm with Chewy on this one. It's just dumb to get our hopes up at this point. Until blink puts out an amazing record again, I've come to terms with the fact that blink will probably never ever be the same again. I mean, the guys are in their 40s for the most part, how long do you think they're gonna keep this up? I love blink and they're a huge part of my life, but I just don't see them doing much more in their career.

Hey now, Tom isnt 40 until Saturday.

Waggy wrote:I'm with Chewy on this one. It's just dumb to get our hopes up at this point. Until blink puts out an amazing record again, I've come to terms with the fact that blink will probably never ever be the same again. I mean, the guys are in their 40s for the most part, how long do you think they're gonna keep this up? I love blink and they're a huge part of my life, but I just don't see them doing much more in their career.

I didn't say anything about getting your hopes up, I just think it's better to have realistic expectations without being too pessimistic or too optimistic. Don't expect them to make another album like they did when they were in their 20s just because they say they're going to record the same way, and don't expect them to never record another album because they keep going back on their word. Just wait and see what happens.

(Yes, I know no one said that they expect their greatest album to be their next or that they expect them to never record again, I'm just trying to get my point off a little more clear.)

I normally don't expect anything from blink anymore, and I still wouldn't say my hopes are up; but it sounds like they have concrete plans this time to at least record. It could end up being garbage but I'm confident they'll at least get in the studio this time seeing as they have a partner and a place to record. The only issue is Tom could still be working on AVA pitching the feature film and working on strange times. We really don't know where his heads at, and won't know until January. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that this is the first time blink will be recording where Tom has an Instagram. I think he had just gotten it for dogs eating dogs but wasn't actively using it yet. We got some cool stuff through the recording of the dream Walker and maybe we'll get a couple funny clips in the studio hopefully.

This is exactly how I feel about Blink right now.

But it doesn't mean I won't get excited when new music will be coming out. If ever.
"I always considered my job in Blink to try to architect new arrangements and sounds to push the band forward. I took on that role, and it was by no means only me -- everyone contributed to the great music that we did -- but I made that my passion, I made that my focus." -Tom DeLonge (Billboard, May 2017)

I ♥ ♫

Do you guys think blink will be that kinda band like iron maiden? Where the bandmember will be like 60 years old and still tour.

Will you still love them for that? I find it hard to get as enthused about blink as i was in 09 or 10. I just want new music i dont care about the stuff around the band anymore. The so called news. It doesnt mean anything, its all talk. All talk no action it seems

Out of sight, out of mind, I remove myself Out of mind, my whole mind state is out of line

I'll chime in with this little debate we've got going. My thoughts are that they put out a record when they put out a record. I get frustrated with broken promises, but I’m not gonna get all pissy and dejected when there’s not new music for a few years. I’m no music historian, but I’m hard pressed to think of any other band that’s been around as long as blink that still follows the “album-tour-new single-tour-final single-tour-new album” two-year cycle. For established bands like blink that are passed their heyday but still have a strong following and a desire to make new music, I feel like the NORM is to make a new album when you feel like it, whether that’s after one year or one decade. They don’t owe us anything.

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!