Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

KayTheMagnificent wrote:I agree about the chorus, it isn't the strongest, but I actually like the synth on Love Is Dangerous because it's subtle? like it's more for mood than as a focused instrument, and I'd prefer they used synth like that instead of a main focus or too much where it just sounds naff... like This Is Home.

I think the phasing synth in the intro and verses is good, but the synth in the chorus and bridge sounds like generic music you see in the 90s lab videos they show in high school science classes. Just not a pleasing sound in my opinion. There are some other spots on the album that use a similar sound, but contextually they sound much better.

Honestly I think about half of the synth work on Neighborhoods is pretty bad (one exception out of a few is Ghosts on the Dancefloor). Even in some of the songs I like I don't think the synths did them much justice. AVA's synth work is cheesy sometimes but they generally make better use of them than blink (one of the few things I will give AVA), and Dogs Eating Dogs is also a major improvement for blink as far as utilising synths go.

Kurt182 wrote:Mark's Twitter: "Early Saturday studio session > LA brunch."

This is good but I get the feeling that he's talking about Nothing and Nobody (which could still be interesting).

Mark tweeted this today and I did a legit spit take followed by rolling on the floor laughter.

@markhoppus
Remember that one time I was on a magazine cover with Beyoncé and Britney Spears and Aaron Carter and JC Chasez?

"Tom and Travis are my brothers and I'd do anything for those guys. When all of this is said and done, we'll all be together looking back going 'fuck, we made it'."
– Mark, UC2

"So many other bands just fight, they don't get along and hate each other, but when things come down the road that are hard and gnarly... It's just us three, I feel like it doesn't matter, I feel like we can do anything"
– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

Well guys, it has been 3 years. Neighborhoods leaked exactly 3 years ago.

I still remember reading somebody post on here "hey guys I don't know if you heard...but it leaked". Then I called bullshit. Then Brian posted "holy shit, it's real!!". And right before I was able to release 8 years of orgasms, my ride for school was in the driveway and I had to go an entire school day just waiting and waiting to get home and listen.

Ironically I listened to Neighborhoods the other day and was so into it. I love that album. I always assumed the idea around that album meant more to me than the actual music itself, but I was so indulged into the songs just driving around the other day.

I actually waited for the release day. They were on a US tour in the fall and it leak early September I think? I went and saw them so I promised myself that I would only listen to the ones they were playing (i.e. Hearts All Gone, After Midnight, Up All Night, and Ghost on the Dancefloor). So as I took the train up to PA, those were the only four I listened to.

Such a great time in my life. I hope this next album release put that same feeling in perspective. Although, I think we need a summer album. Blink and summer go together.

frisky wrote:Speaking of bonus tracks, I find it annoying how Not Now was a UK exclusive bonus track. Why the UK and Japan get exclusive content I've never understood.

I remember reading somewhere that New Found Glory gave them exclusive stuff because they wouldn't get to tour much in those places, so it was sort of a gift to them. but I have no idea if that's true for blink, let alone any band, haha.

Ekim_Dude wrote:
frisky wrote:Speaking of bonus tracks, I find it annoying how Not Now was a UK exclusive bonus track. Why the UK and Japan get exclusive content I've never understood.

I remember reading somewhere that New Found Glory gave them exclusive stuff because they wouldn't get to tour much in those places, so it was sort of a gift to them. but I have no idea if that's true for blink, let alone any band, haha.

I thought it was because "not now" wasnt finished for USA release date, but it was finished before japan release? Not sure, i just assumed that

Out of sight, out of mind, I remove myself Out of mind, my whole mind state is out of line

Coffee Shampoo wrote:I'm going through an awful break-up and I picked up blink-182 songs again. I'm listening a lot to the self-titled, box car racer and the first AvA record, blasting them very loud kinda helps my mood. blink <3

Blink got me through a lot of break ups in high school, i could always count on them to just put me in a better mood and bring a smile.