Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Elevator wrote:http://propertyofzack.com/post/80077236126/blink-182-recording-new-music-has-been-kind-of-a

Noisey: Are there any ideas of where you’re going musically with the Blink stuff, I know you are doing Reading and Leeds so originally there was talk of that deadline?

Travis: I definitely wanted new stuff, it’s just not everything worked out to where in the band could be available to record new stuff, so it’s been kind of a challenge.

Noisey: How much does it keep music fresh for you then, to be able to do all these different projects?

Travis: When I was home, I played on a Rusko song, I played on something for Datsik, I played on a bunch of albums all week long because the end of the day, man, Blink, you gotta have three people that are all willing to record and write music at the same time. If it can’t happen, that can’t be the end of the world for me. I gotta have other stuff to do or I would fucking claw my eyes out. So being with the Transplants, working on my solo album, until the stars align for Blink to be in the studio I gotta just stay busy. We’re supposed to go in before Reading or Leeds sometime so hopefully it happens.

Interesting stuff. I'd bet my right testicle that it's Tom holding things up. Mark may live in London, sure, but he's a plane ride away. HMNIM doesn't seem to be taking up all that much time and Mark has repeatedly said in interviews since the reunion that Blink is his number one priority. Nice to see that Travis has commitment and enthusiasm towards blink too. I've never thought that in his mind blink was his main priority, but it seems like he still views his other groups/collabs as "side-projects." That may be an exaggeration, but the way he phrased his answers that's what it conveyed. I've always wondered what Travis truly thinks about blink. He seems like a loyal guy, so I could always see him not abandoning blink out of a familial type obligation. Seems like he may genuinely love it hough.

Tom always has a million fucking things going on and clearly has more enthusiasm over every other project he has over blink. Honestly, I feel like he's just a guy with a lot of energy and ideas, so you gotta kinda let him do his thing.

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

I just don't understand. The thing that makes these guys who they ARE is always thrown on the back burner. Why don't they just pick a time, schedule it like responsible people, and say "IN SO-AND-SO MONTHS FROM NOW, ON THIS DAMN DATE, US THREE WILL GO INTO THE STUDIO AND RECORD A FUCKING ALBUM"... I just don't understand how someone as famous as Travis Barker has to find shit to do to "stay busy"... Like what the fuck?! If any of them should be the busiest as is, it'd be Travis, so it's fucking hilarious that he has to find bands to play with, things to record, etc just because Tom is too busy being a fuck, and Mark is off in London. It's bullshit. Get together, make music, communicate, or break up again. Shit.

https://coastingband.bandcamp.com

Waggy wrote:I just don't understand. The thing that makes these guys who they ARE is always thrown on the back burner. Why don't they just pick a time, schedule it like responsible people, and say "IN SO-AND-SO MONTHS FROM NOW, ON THIS DAMN DATE, US THREE WILL GO INTO THE STUDIO AND RECORD A FUCKING ALBUM"... I just don't understand how someone as famous as Travis Barker has to find shit to do to "stay busy"... Like what the fuck?! If any of them should be the busiest as is, it'd be Travis, so it's fucking hilarious that he has to find bands to play with, things to record, etc just because Tom is too busy being a fuck, and Mark is off in London. It's bullshit. Get together, make music, communicate, or break up again. Shit.

:shocked: I don't know if I'd go that far. Then again it's inevitable. I at least want another album before they decide to call it quits again.

Archuro wrote:I'm going to Musink to see The Transplants this Saturday and Travis is doing a signing. If I get the chance to meet him and talk to him I was thinking of asking him about blink but idk if I should anymore considering what he previously said.

First of all, congrats on going to meet him. I'm super jealous. I met him on the last Transplants tour. I dunno if you've ever met him but he was such a chill guy. Secondly, I'd still ask him about blink but just be like "do you see you guys recording anytime soon or more like later this year?" Something like that wouldn't bother him I don't think. See if you can sneak anything about their new label if you can :P

Dookie wrote:First of all, congrats on going to meet him. I'm super jealous. I met him on the last Transplants tour. I dunno if you've ever met him but he was such a chill guy. Secondly, I'd still ask him about blink but just be like "do you see you guys recording anytime soon or more like later this year?" Something like that wouldn't bother him I don't think. See if you can sneak anything about their new label if you can :P

Yeah it'll be my first time meeting him, I'm really excited. I'll definitely try to be cool about it, I don't want to be over the top and overwhelm him like fan girls do.

If David's post is to be believed and poet is coming out in the fall, then I understand why they aren't in the studio yet. It seems like a huge project so I'm guessing toms putting everything into it. I can live with it I guess if toms really deep into this project then recording now would have been bad news because Tom wouldn't have been able to focus on the blink album.