Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#21502
Elevator wrote:Yeah, that article states Atticus was Mark's brand. Mark sold his shares after the split. Tom later did as well. It's still around but has none of the original blink influence outside of it's origin story and logo.

Also where did this come from? Never saw this before:

Image


It's from the Las Vegas performance that AT&T sponsored or whatever. It's on youtube somewhere but that's part of one of the opening scenes while Tom says "we gotta show to do!"

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#21504
c_ortiz93 wrote:I think Fighting the Gravity is up there, as far as post-reunion songs.

But I still think the whole "This makes no sense this makes no sense this makes no sense this makes no..." is kinda odd. Take that out, and it's a great song for me.

The thing that bothers me about the song is the chorus. The verse and the pre-chorus have so much energy. Together, they basically act as one giant build up. It gets more and more aggressive and then suddenly just falls back and becomes completely laid back and bland. It's a real shame because it could've been one of the greatest songs by mark ever. I mean, I get the whole spacey atmospheric feel. It just doesn't work in the song. Plus, it's not catchy at all.

As for the "this makes no sense this makes no sense..." bit, that, alone, makes it a really stand out track. It's so experimental and strange, almost on the same level as Feelin This. It's just that goddamn chorus.......
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#21506
Broccoli_Apocalypse wrote:
c_ortiz93 wrote:I think Fighting the Gravity is up there, as far as post-reunion songs.

But I still think the whole "This makes no sense this makes no sense this makes no sense this makes no..." is kinda odd. Take that out, and it's a great song for me.

The thing that bothers me about the song is the chorus. The verse and the pre-chorus have so much energy. Together, they basically act as one giant build up. It gets more and more aggressive and then suddenly just falls back and becomes completely laid back and bland. It's a real shame because it could've been one of the greatest songs by mark ever. I mean, I get the whole spacey atmospheric feel. It just doesn't work in the song. Plus, it's not catchy at all.

As for the "this makes no sense this makes no sense..." bit, that, alone, makes it a really stand out track. It's so experimental and strange, almost on the same level as Feelin This. It's just that goddamn chorus.......


Yeah very true. The bass intro at the very beginning is brilliant and I even like the verses, but the chorus falls short. Same could be said about quite a few blink and AVA songs though.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#21507
brian. wrote:Alkaline Trio's latest facebook status:

"So we're starting to put together our set list ideas for the upcoming tour and we're thinking of playing a lot of stuff we haven't played in years or even decades. You cool with that?"

Why can't blink do shit like this?


No motivation, creativity, self-respect, or care for their fans? :cheeky:

And speaking of the Trio, I've become such a fanboy over the past six months it's ridiculous lol.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#21510
Ekim_Dude wrote:
brian. wrote:Alkaline Trio's latest facebook status:

"So we're starting to put together our set list ideas for the upcoming tour and we're thinking of playing a lot of stuff we haven't played in years or even decades. You cool with that?"

Why can't blink do shit like this?

so so so so so so so many bands do this. not blink of course


Exactly. Which is why the "just be happy they're back together" argument is tired as hell.
Image

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#21512
gusgiann wrote:What I think the problem is, is that when they tour, they bring along so many bands and end up only having about an hour and a half for their set. so that leaves all their singles and a few other songs. What they need to do is bring like one opener or something and play over 2 hours

they played with one band the last two times i saw them
Image

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#21513
brian. wrote:
Ekim_Dude wrote:
brian. wrote:Alkaline Trio's latest facebook status:

"So we're starting to put together our set list ideas for the upcoming tour and we're thinking of playing a lot of stuff we haven't played in years or even decades. You cool with that?"

Why can't blink do shit like this?

so so so so so so so many bands do this. not blink of course


Exactly. Which is why the "just be happy they're back together" argument is tired as hell.


As is the stupid setlist debate....If you don't like the setlist don't go plain and simple.
Image

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

#21514
Chewy030 wrote:
brian. wrote:
Ekim_Dude wrote:
brian. wrote:Alkaline Trio's latest facebook status:

"So we're starting to put together our set list ideas for the upcoming tour and we're thinking of playing a lot of stuff we haven't played in years or even decades. You cool with that?"

Why can't blink do shit like this?

so so so so so so so many bands do this. not blink of course


Exactly. Which is why the "just be happy they're back together" argument is tired as hell.


As is the stupid setlist debate....If you don't like the setlist don't go plain and simple.

Lol
Image


Sig by KayTheMagnificent

"Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous." - Mark Hoppus

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron