Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The blink-182 general discussion topic

Agent 12 wrote:Nice try but Screeching Weasel is one of the founders of Pop Punk, plus they aren't whiny pussies, and they have something Wonder Years will never have, credibility and respect from entire genre of music and not to mention being an inspiration to pretty much every pop punk band to ever exist since the early 90's but do go on, tell me why they are shit and unlistenable.

That's some great accomplishments, but I wish it actually mattered to me. I don't care about who a band has influenced, how many records were sold, their legacy, how much respect they have, etc. I just care about listening to the albums. All the credibility and respect ideals to any band is opinionated and a terrible way for me to judge music. That's just judging a book by its cover. I couldn't care less for that. And with this band in particular, I hate the vocals. The instrumentals are great, fun, fast, etc., but the vocals to me are unbearable and annoying, in my opinion. That's why I was turned off.

Unlike you, I don't show my age of being that ignorant and stubborn elder who refuses to like any new music, and just claims their music is the golden age of greatness. I'm sorry you can't find enjoyment in any new music anymore, and I'm sorry you've seemed to have grown up. Just make sure you continue to keep letting us all know that.

you know, i always felt bad that i never liked "The Greats" of a genre. and it always pissed me off when i was told that i wasn't a true metal or punk fan because i didn't like these so called founders. i mean, i am a big fan of metal, but i can't stand ozzy/black sabbath, megadeth, slayer, anthrax, led zeppelin, deep purple etc. the same can be said with punk. i never liked the ramones, screeching weasel (sorry!!), the misfits, the clash, sex pistols, the buzzcocks and all the other ones. now i respect each and every one of em for what they did for punk/metal, but i only really enjoy how their visions evolved into the music that i like today. i might respect them, but i think their music is absolute crap lawlz
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

Tyler44 wrote:
Agent 12 wrote:Nice try but Screeching Weasel is one of the founders of Pop Punk, plus they aren't whiny pussies, and they have something Wonder Years will never have, credibility and respect from entire genre of music and not to mention being an inspiration to pretty much every pop punk band to ever exist since the early 90's but do go on, tell me why they are shit and unlistenable.

That's some great accomplishments, but I wish it actually mattered to me. I don't care about who a band has influenced, how many records were sold, their legacy, how much respect they have, etc. I just care about listening to the albums. All the credibility and respect ideals to any band is opinionated and a terrible way for me to judge music. That's just judging a book by its cover. I couldn't care less for that. And with this band in particular, I hate the vocals. The instrumentals are great, fun, fast, etc., but the vocals to me are unbearable and annoying, in my opinion. That's why I was turned off.

Unlike you, I don't show my age of being that ignorant and stubborn elder who refuses to like any new music, and just claims their music is the golden age of greatness. I'm sorry you can't find enjoyment in any new music anymore, and I'm sorry you've seemed to have grown up. Just make sure you continue to keep letting us all know that.

What makes you think I'm actually taking this conversation seriously? Do you really, honestly expect me to give a shit about what you listen to or why? I just like start shit, its fun, easy, and entertaining.

Also, I'm 25 not 60, what age am I showing?
Last edited by Agent 12 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank You Kay, You Sexy and Magnificent British Sex Beast!

KayTheMagnificent wrote:The Misfits are possibly one of the most overrated bands to ever exist. ever. for reals.

This is true, their first album was really good but the band morphed in to a caricature of itself shortly after and they've just been ridiculous since. Ramones turned that way towards the end as well. Infact most of the great punk bands do, Screeching Weasel, The Queers, NoFX, Anti-Flag, Pennywise, Rancid.... et cetera. The problem is that they get stuck in what the think they should sound like and the innovation and charm that made them great to begin with doesn't age well. None of them branch out and try to reinvent themselves, they just go on playing the same damn song. At least bands like Blink try and be innovative, now I personally don't feel that innovation was very good but at least it was a step in a progressive direction.

Thank You Kay, You Sexy and Magnificent British Sex Beast!

Sorry dudes again for continuing this in this section, but it should be a short ending for us! Plus taking a conversation to another thread just seems awkward haha

Agent 12 wrote:
Tyler44 wrote:

What makes you think I'm actually taking this conversation seriously? Do you really, honestly expect me to give a shit about what you listen to or why? I just like start shit, its fun, easy, and entertaining.

Also, I'm 25 not 60, what age am I showing?

I know you do it for fun and an entertainment value. But if you're up and ready to jump into a discussion you weren't in to begin with, I'm going to respond to you whether you respond thoughtfully back or do what you did and just say "fuck it I don't actually care". I wanted a fun argument with you, since you seem to be the one who loves to do so. But hey, I'm all for ending it here as well haha

And 25 is the perfect age actually where you begin to hate the modern day. You just sort of fall back on what you used to love and stick with it. I don't want to get to that point, but I know it will come.

CPen5311 wrote:Tom can't sing First Date so Mark takes over. Is Tom sick again? Kinda cool hearing Mark sing it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... wEVoDSx4Y#!

I think Tom seriously needs to go to an actual vocal trainer, and figure our why it sounds like he swallowed a bag of rocks when he sings.

But at the same time, I'm pretty sure the vocal trainer would just say "stop trying so hard and you'll sound better."

https://coastingband.bandcamp.com