Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: "She's Out Of Her Mind" single release set for 10/11/16

They're recreating WMAA with 3 girls who are viners or you tubers or something. it's fucking god-awful. I'm deeply embarrassed by it all. firstly because they already mocked WMAA with Man Overboard and secondly because they aren't even trying to hide the forced nostalgia kick, they're blatantly rubbing it in everyones faces screaming REMEMBER WHEN WE WERE RELEVANT. Good lord.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

To be fair the blonde, if I'm thinking it's the same one, is pretty fucking smokin'.
edit: It's not the girl I was thinking of. Damn.

Another couple shots:

Welcome to cringe-era blink, where The Only Thing That Matters is that you remember Enema of the State and forget that:

1. Any music came out after TOYPAJ
2. They actually made better music when they were striving for more
3. They're all in their 40s and have nothing left in the tank

twitter

And she said... wrote:
OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:
If you gave me two choices: Either A another crappy video with Teenagers sitting around doing nothing, or B a re-do of a classic music video with attractive women. I'd choose B, every time.

1 million percent agree. The internet just annoys me sometimes.

I'm actually kind of excited for this video. I feel like people don't really make videos like this anymore. At least not bands I listen to at least. Barring the Sum 41 video for "Fake My Own Death" it's been a long time since I have seen a music video that made me want to watch it again.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

And she said... wrote:
OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:
If you gave me two choices: Either A another crappy video with Teenagers sitting around doing nothing, or B a re-do of a classic music video with attractive women. I'd choose B, every time.

1 million percent agree. The internet just annoys me sometimes.

Gotta say I think that's a good point.

If I can get at least one chuckle out of this video, I'll already like it way more than the video for Up All Night, which is big enough of a win for me.

Seriously, you guys rather they pump out another forgettable video where a boy and girl run around town, break some stuff, the band stands there pretending to play the song in some abandoned warehouse, then the boy and girl kiss at the end? At least this won't be that. I think.

Christ, the incessant whining and complaining about every little thing the guys do now is so tiresome. Open up your minds a little and give things a chance before throwing everything down the shitter.

Also its a music video, who the hell cares lol

I care because its in bad taste. at least with the boring A scenario it's just boring - its not insulting to their legacy, its not using viners to appear 'young' because they don't have the confidence to actually rest on their own abilities anymore, its not a constant nostalgia trip that appears desperate.

With what we've seen so far this is either some kind of "oh its gender swapped isn't that funny" or its "GUYZ REMEMBER HOW YOUNG WE WERE WOO BOOBIES" both of which are just embarrassing.

If it turns out to be funny and clever or unique then I will gladly stand up and apologise but I highly doubt it will be.

My Music

I don't think embracing the past is a bad thing, or desperate. The fact is, the majority of people who go to Blink shows go there to hear ATST and WMAA. Blink's whole identity is built around never growing up and doing "embarrassing" things. You do realize this is the band (minus Tom now of course) who performed naked, with midgets, with naked midgets, and in front of a flaming FUCK sign for 25 years. If you're just now seeing their shtick as "embarrassing" then I'm finding it hard to believe you were ever a fan in the first place. Just because they're older doesn't mean they have to abandon what makes Blink great.

I just think there is a divide between the blink fanbase. Half of us are fans of their old musical style (Dude Ranch - TOYPAJ), and the other half has followed Tom down this weird arena-rock path where everything has to be serious and you are not allowed to write fun songs because you're old now and that is not acceptable.

It IS embarrassing, it is immature, but that IS what Blink 182 is and has been all about for 25 years now. Why is this suddenly a bad thing? Blink is crappy pop punk rock music. It IS naked people running around, catchy pop melodies, and flaming FUCK signs. If you want it to be something else now then you'll just be disappointed.

Maybe you and other people around here are figuring out you just aren't relating to their music anymore. It happens. Complaining about it won't get you anywhere, its pretty clear to me that this is what Mark, Travis, and now Matt think Blink 182 is at its core. Abandon ship if it doesn't speak to you anymore like it did when you were a kid.

I fucking love it. I'll get on here and defend my boys until the day I die. I'm listening to SOOHM right now and its the best fucking song on the record. I listen to it all the damn time!

The act itself isn't embarrassing it's the gimmicky quality of what they're doing
All the old, immature stuff they did in the past was at least original and exciting
Them rehashing stuff they already did with girls playing them (well Mark and Travis anyway - Matt's being left out) is most likely going to be not funny, played and a desperate shot for attention - basically the new Ghostbusters film.

But yes, in some ways there's not a whole lot you could do with this song to make a good video out of - possibly animation but god knows that would be too much effort.

The difference is, blink were running around naked and doing silly crap in their mid 20s. they're in their 40s, their parents, they've grown and matured as musicians... and then they just reverted.

I like their sense of humour, I like the silly stuff. I legit think my favourite part of California is Built This Pool, it's my bloody text alert. but it's one thing to have a silly joke once or twice, it's another thing to blatantly whore out your past fame because apparently that's all your worth now.

Their music, their identity, is more than just 90s nostalgia. 'embracing' the past is fine - hiding in it is not.

My Music

I really don't see how making a music video that's a nod to your past is whoring yourself out. A bit of an overreaction, especially since you haven't even seen said video. I bet it will be silly, and fun, and will fit perfectly with what this song is trying to convey (which is an obvious throwback to EOTS). If this is "whoring yourself out" then so be it I guess.

My guess is they're just trying to do something fun for the fans who have stuck with them through all the shit we've all been through w/ the 1st and 2nd breakups of the band. And you may be right, maybe they're just trying to prey on peoples' nostalgia, but I really don't think the Blink guys are those kinds of people. I think they really just wanted to have fun w/ this record, and this single in particular.

But I might be wrong, I just choose not to assume the worst in people. That's no way to live.