Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: "She's Out Of Her Mind" single release set for 10/11/16

#43
Haha, exactly what i was thinking ^^^^

.
What does feel weird is that they make references to things they did when Tom was still in the band. Not that they should ignore their history, but this is a new era and i would prefere them to try to create something new with Matt. However, as someone else already stated, videos aren't that big of a deal anymore. With Bored To Death only having 8 million views on YT (deservedly the video is sooo bad), they're probably trying to make something more viral this time. I'm gonna wait until it drops before i judge it completely though.
Image

Let's hear it for not wiping!

Re: "She's Out Of Her Mind" single release set for 10/11/16

#45
To a less angry degree I agree with Scooby. I've sadly come to the conclusion that your avid fourm goer, someone who considers themselves "hardcore" to whatever (add_subject_here) can't find joy in anything there are obsessed with after a time. Movies, video games, books & music. Its not just limited to blink. Its not just limited to this fourm I see it everywhere. Its was a small portion of why i stop frequenting forms ages ago. Im down to just one fourm, this fourm.

While I try to respect everyones opinion on anything. Everyones entitled to theirs after all. And i'll even admit I haven't always been the best at it. Im trying to better myself. Yet I find it pathetic that people NEED to pull the joy out of almost everything that comes from an IP they "love". Some claim things like "They have so much potential they just fail to hit." To me "potential" is just a fancy word for hype. Specifically self hype. Expectations grow to a point they are impossible to please. The IP either doesn't change enough, or change too much . No one ever wins.

Ask yourself. Am I just in a vicious circle? Forever to be disappointed by the band I "Love" so much? The band that I obsess over!?! To me that would just suck. To me that would be a waste of time.
Image

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Re: "She's Out Of Her Mind" single release set for 10/11/16

#46
I don't obsess over blink. I just am not nearly as in love with Mark as some of you are. Some people are absolutely content with Mark and whomever making fairly unoriginal formulaic punk pop and everything after TOYPAJ/Self-Titled was garbage. I'm not.

With Tom gone, half of what made blink unique is gone and since I obviously revere him far more than most, my enchantment with blink is gone. If that makes me a joyless cunt, so be it.
Image


twitter

Re: "She's Out Of Her Mind" single release set for 10/11/16

#49
I really don't see being saddened by the current state of affairs with the band as some form of obsessive issue. The album isn't good, and they're relying on nostalgia. I'm not exactly grasping at straws, there's a reason that despite this records success, it's critical responses are way more muddled then previous releases. Add that with some of their recent choices (Steve Aoki, fucking viners, terrible single release work and marketing) seems like quite sensible reasons to be critical. but you know, everyone keep calling me a miserable git, thats fine.
Image

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Re: "She's Out Of Her Mind" single release set for 10/11/16

#51
Kay wrote:I really don't see being saddened by the current state of affairs with the band as some form of obsessive issue. The album isn't good, and they're relying on nostalgia. I'm not exactly grasping at straws, there's a reason that despite this records success, it's critical responses are way more muddled then previous releases. Add that with some of their recent choices (Steve Aoki, fucking viners, terrible single release work and marketing) seems like quite sensible reasons to be critical. but you know, everyone keep calling me a miserable git, thats fine.

I'll say this, I think performing with Steve Aoki on MTV is about two bad moves away from going full Fall Out Boy
Image

Re: "She's Out Of Her Mind" single release set for 10/11/16

#52
Christian wrote:
Kay wrote:I really don't see being saddened by the current state of affairs with the band as some form of obsessive issue. The album isn't good, and they're relying on nostalgia. I'm not exactly grasping at straws, there's a reason that despite this records success, it's critical responses are way more muddled then previous releases. Add that with some of their recent choices (Steve Aoki, fucking viners, terrible single release work and marketing) seems like quite sensible reasons to be critical. but you know, everyone keep calling me a miserable git, thats fine.

I'll say this, I think performing with Steve Aoki on MTV is about two bad moves away from going full Fall Out Boy


Blink only wishes that they could be Fall Out Boy.
Image


twitter

Re: "She's Out Of Her Mind" single release set for 10/11/16

#53
Elevator wrote:
Christian wrote:
Kay wrote:I really don't see being saddened by the current state of affairs with the band as some form of obsessive issue. The album isn't good, and they're relying on nostalgia. I'm not exactly grasping at straws, there's a reason that despite this records success, it's critical responses are way more muddled then previous releases. Add that with some of their recent choices (Steve Aoki, fucking viners, terrible single release work and marketing) seems like quite sensible reasons to be critical. but you know, everyone keep calling me a miserable git, thats fine.

I'll say this, I think performing with Steve Aoki on MTV is about two bad moves away from going full Fall Out Boy


Blink only wishes that they could be Fall Out Boy.


That sadly seems to be the case. Although the smart thing to do would be to release Sober and have Patrick in the video so that all the little FOB fans by the record.

I mean, it would be horrendous for us but great marketing wise.
Image

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Re: "She's Out Of Her Mind" single release set for 10/11/16

#55
Kay wrote:
That sadly seems to be the case. Although the smart thing to do would be to release Sober and have Patrick in the video so that all the little FOB fans by the record.

I mean, it would be horrendous for us but great marketing wise.


If they read my tweets the idiots would have done that back in August! No justice in this world, I tell you.
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron