Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: Steve Aoki - blink remix on TML

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:1000s of people paid money to stand around while a dude hits play on his laptop... I just dont get it... maybe im just getting old or some shit.....

Tomorrowland is a much bigger event than just Aoki. And I'm sure you've paid money in the past to watch Tom look like a clown, miss notes and sing drunkenly out of tune while half the crowd stands there awkwardly.

To each their own, yes?

The electronic music scene is so much bigger and deeper than some of the mainstream figureheads like Aoki, Tiesto and Garrix. These days, to have thousands of people come watch you "hit play on your laptop" at a festival, you have to have put in the thousands of hours producing first. Look a little deeper and you'll realize that these people are all producers who DJ, and not solely DJs. And 90% of the producers who make it in 2016 and play gigs at festivals are great musicians themselves who play an instrument, and probably play it better than Mark or Tom play theirs.

I'm not trashing the music. I know at least a few figures in that music scene can play instruments. I personally love RAC. The dudes a genius and super cool with his fans. What I don't get is watching that type of music live... When I go to a concert I go to see the bands . To see them rock out live. To hear the raw instruments. To hear them as close to un filtered as you can get.

You said it yourself to each their own. And for me thats just not it....

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

It's to feel the youthful exuberance, the energy, the emotion of the music and the camaraderie of everyone else being there.

I used to think live electronic music was the dumbest shit ever. Some of it honestly is, and I think the times of your typical electro house guy standing there going 1, 2, 3, jump are fading fast. Sadly that's what everyone thinks of first when they think of electronic music. Meanwhile there are artists such as Odesza, Disclosure, Porter, etc. who play almost entirely their own music with live improvisation and crazy visuals just like any rock band would.

saltygrapes wrote:It's to feel the youthful exuberance, the energy, the emotion of the music and the camaraderie of everyone else being there.

I used to think live electronic music was the dumbest shit ever. Some of it honestly is, and I think the times of your typical electro house guy standing there going 1, 2, 3, jump are fading fast. Sadly that's what everyone thinks of first when they think of electronic music. Meanwhile there are artists such as Odesza, Disclosure, Porter, etc. who play almost entirely their own music with live improvisation and crazy visuals just like any rock band would.

Thank you for reminding me of him. Liked one of his song about 3 years ago and like what I'm hearing now on his Spotify.

As for Aoki, not really my thing but it was cool to see how stoked he was for blink songs.