Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: California Official Discussion

The more I hear the album the more I feel like certain songs wouldn't of existed without the song writers. Kings for the weekend and Teenage Satellites specifically.

I really can't help but feel like we're being spoon fed bullshit about how much they loved working with Feldy. His use of song writers is something I've never imagined blink using. It's like " we don't trust any producers. They take away control from us. ". ::Uses producer who takes some control away:: ::makes them write songs they didn't want to write ::

I still remember the neighborhood interviews. They claimed how cool it was working in separate studios. How the difference in music tastes and writting styles was making great music .. How proud they were of the record. Fast forward to last year. We heard some conflicting statements..

I can see them coming back in 4 years and saying the same thing here. If that's the case .. they would completely loose my respect.. And I'd put them in the shitbox with ATL, FOB and 5SOS...

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

TheOctopus wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:most of the lyrics don't sound like him at all.

I'm just getting into AC, but I love these lyrics. Wish his lyrics had more depth on California.

These aren't even near his best haha but I'm glad you're getting into them. the great thing about skiba's lyrics are that they've always had a quality, even the early stuff. fuck the lyrics for Radio are amazeballs.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:I really can't help but feel like we're being spoon fed bullshit about how much they loved working with Feldy. His use of song writers is something I've never imagined blink using. It's like " we don't trust any producers. They take away control from us. ". ::Uses producer who takes some control away:: ::makes them write songs they didn't want to write ::

I still remember the neighborhood interviews. They claimed how cool it was working in separate studios. How the difference in music tastes and writting styles was making great music .. How proud they were of the record. Fast forward to last year. We heard some conflicting statements..

I can see them coming back in 4 years and saying the same thing here. If that's the case .. they would completely loose my respect.. And I'd put them in the shitbox with ATL, FOB and 5SOS...

I don't think none of those situations are quite that way.
With Neighborhoods the whole band was still very shy, I remember that Tom wanting to record by mail from his studio was one of the final straws in the 2005 breakup, and I guess that Travis and Mark finally accepted as a way to make amends and get things going between the three. It clearly did not go well, and it shows in the final result, reason why for Dogs they got together in a small room.

And with California, I think they won't be regretting anything. They are just trying out different stuff, songwriters and production included. Also, they get along very well with Feldmann, and it looks like the recording process was positive and fun. And yet again, it shows in the results. Maybe next time they'll chose to go for a producer that does not overpolish stuff, who knows. But I don't think Feldmann will be remembered as a regret or mistake (even if for some of us it kind of is..?)
"I'm a little bit shy, a bit strange and a little bit manic..."

Finally getting to like Kings Of The Weekend, Teenage Satellites and Left Alone.

Teenage Satellites particularly started giving me a funny feeling.
It's a Tom song.
The chorus, the theme, the comparisons as a lyrics resource "hit me like a friday night" "kissed me like a storm at sea", and least we forget the Whoas. It just sounds like stuff he would compose (or would at least like to or try to compose... cuz with Tom you don't quite know nowadays). The full track feels like one of those great Mark/Tom collaborations... without Tom. Anybody else got that feeling?
"I'm a little bit shy, a bit strange and a little bit manic..."

I preordered the signed cd bundle and I ordered it early enough that I'm getting the signed drum head but I haven't received shipping confirmation yet. When I check the site it says "shipping soon" but I've seen many people have already received their signed cd/vinyl bundles with the drum head. I don't know if I should be concerned or excited... could it be that I got one of the bass guitars? Anyone else order that bundle and not even had it ship yet?

KayTheMagnificent wrote:
TheOctopus wrote:

I'm just getting into AT, but I love these lyrics. Wish his lyrics had more depth on California.

These aren't even near his best haha but I'm glad you're getting into them. the great thing about skiba's lyrics are that they've always had a quality, even the early stuff. fuck the lyrics for Radio are amazeballs.

What album would you recommend? Listening to This Addiction right now. It's crazy, when I was working on TPL we did a charity compilation CD and one of the guys we worked with was Mike Felumlee. I had no idea who he was or that he was involved in a3 in the early 00s at first.

@Barbs, supposedly they ran out of drumheads and are waiting to reup. Kings Road had a lot of trouble with this shipment, my signed vinyl arrived damaged.. A lot of similar stories on Reddit, and customer service isn't fixing it. Hopefuly your stuff arrives mint.
Spoiler: show

doitforthekids wrote:I feel like the opening verse to Cynical is really oddly written - everytime Mark sings 'anxiety's calling in my head' I automatically rewrite it to be 'anxiety's calling out my name'. My head automatically assumes that's what the line should be just because of the way the words are structured.

Same for me. Name is definitely a better fit.

TheOctopus wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:
TheOctopus wrote:

I'm just getting into AT, but I love these lyrics. Wish his lyrics had more depth on California.

What album would you recommend? Listening to This Addiction right now.

I used to hate that song so bad haha, my go to albums for Trio are Good Mourning and From Here To Infirmary, you could say their the enema and toypaj of trio stuff. Crimson is a fan favourite, kind of like untitled. the newest record My Shame Is True has some awesome tracks like Kiss You To Death, I Pessimist and Til Death Do Us Part. I've never been quite as hard up on their earlier stuff, never really gave myself the time to get into it really but there are some belters on godammit. tbh I don't think you can go wrong but out of all of those I'd say Good Mourning. We've Had Enough is possibly one of the best trio songs ever (the single from that record) and there's a bunch of fantastic tracks on that album.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!