Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: No Future Discussion

plopbellie wrote:It legit sounds like they went all t-pain on his voice.

Let's not overreact. It's not even close to t-pain.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

Kyle wrote:

i will admit it sounds better in a car, but when i first listened on my iphone speaker, you could REALLY hear it. give it a try and report back. part of being a producer is making sure it sounds good through all kinds of speakers, which seemingly failed.

plopbellie wrote:
Kyle wrote:

i will admit it sounds better in a car, but when i first listened on my iphone speaker, you could REALLY hear it. give it a try and report back. part of being a producer is making sure it sounds good through all kinds of speakers, which seemingly failed.

I've listened to it through my phone and laptop and while it's definitely there, it's nothing crazy. But this is what you're comparing it to lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBrRBZy8OTs

Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

I'll give you the benefit, you could have gone even further to say it's Kanye with auto-tune or Future. :headlikeafuckingorange:

Elevator wrote:
plopbellie wrote:I have no problem with pitch correction, marks no Whitney Houston afterall, but it just sounds like they did it so poorly. It legit sounds like they went all t-pain on his voice.

Probably had to lay it on that thick in order to get him on key.

reminds of me of that track he did with All Time Low. he had to hit a note way out of his range. the engineer must have had a great date with melodyne that night to lay it on that thick

Thinking about what these songs "mean."

Rabbit Hole is, at least in part, about Tom, whether Mark would admit it or not, it is (Matt's verse seems more introspective, at least, and I prefer his verse to Mark's infinitely). Bored To Death is about being old and channeling your inner youth and remembering what's important to you.

No Future seems to be more about being abandoned or toyed with by your significant other, with the chorus talking about simultaneously denying the people who are trying to tell you the truth (they don't know a thing about it) and how it's ultimately a recipe for disaster (you can run but life won't wait, they don't care about you). The bridge is obviously an aching thought by Matt begging to know the reason behind her actions.

saltygrapes wrote:
Elevator wrote:
plopbellie wrote:I have no problem with pitch correction, marks no Whitney Houston afterall, but it just sounds like they did it so poorly. It legit sounds like they went all t-pain on his voice.

Probably had to lay it on that thick in order to get him on key.

reminds of me of that track he did with All Time Low. he had to hit a note way out of his range. the engineer must have had a great date with melodyne that night to lay it on that thick

Feldmann probably had some poor intern shithack spend his whole night on a 2012 Macbook, zoomed in to a granular level to modify Mark's vocals into perfection. Many interns probably died doing this.

twitter

Elevator wrote:Thinking about what these songs "mean."

Rabbit Hole is, at least in part, about Tom, whether Mark would admit it or not, it is (Matt's verse seems more introspective, at least, and I prefer his verse to Mark's infinitely). .

I'm pretty sure Rabbit Hole is about not being able to stop thinking long enough to fall asleep.
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

Elevator wrote:Feldmann probably had some poor intern shithack spend his whole night on a 2012 Macbook, zoomed in to a granular level to modify Mark's vocals into perfection. Many interns probably died doing this.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And she said... wrote:
Elevator wrote:Thinking about what these songs "mean."

Rabbit Hole is, at least in part, about Tom, whether Mark would admit it or not, it is (Matt's verse seems more introspective, at least, and I prefer his verse to Mark's infinitely). .

I'm pretty sure Rabbit Hole is about not being able to stop thinking long enough to fall asleep.

That too. I think since most of the album was written during a ton of sleepless nights, insomnia will be a recurring theme. I've just kind of accepted that. Maybe I just *want* it to be about Tom. Hell, who knows.

---------

Coffee Shampoo wrote:I haven't really liked the last two songs at all, they seem very generic to me :/

What do you guys like about this one? Maybe there's something I'm missing.

They are all generic, catchy ditties. I've kind of given up on expecting anything of depth after being heartbroken initially. Blink-182 is no longer in the business of depth, artistic outreach, or challenging their potential. They are BACK in the business of summer anthems and earbugs, however, and business is booming.

twitter

I have no self control... I have no self control.. Im so glad I never got into Crack, Heroine Or Hearthstone.... I'd be ruined for life...

I like the song. First listen I was debating if this was even a real blink song or someone trying to cash in with click bait. But I like how different it is from BTD and RH. I like the harmonies a lot but at the same time I'd like a song where its just a single vocal track the whole way through. Like an Adams song or something...

Another great live song. Still waiting for that OMG its perfect song... probably won't happen.

Kudos guys, not a cringe worthy song thus far...

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

On the first few listens my least favorite song of the new album from what we've heard. I like the verses, and the instrumental bridge. Lots of variation and dynamics there. Not sure about the chorus and the whole na na na part, seems too predictable and generic. I see what they're trying to do, trying to get back to a sort of dude ranch style blink there but it doesn't come off well. Maybe it'll grow on me, though, like the other songs did too.
"I always considered my job in Blink to try to architect new arrangements and sounds to push the band forward. I took on that role, and it was by no means only me -- everyone contributed to the great music that we did -- but I made that my passion, I made that my focus." -Tom DeLonge (Billboard, May 2017)

I ♥ ♫

This song is a clear example of them not spending much time on lyrical content and just winging it. It really feels rushed in my opinion.

Kyle wrote:This song is a clear example of them not spending much time on lyrical content and just winging it. It really feels rushed in my opinion.

All the Na Na/Ooh crap is a bad symptom of this. I expect the whole album to suffer from the "magic" that made it so special to record, according to Mark and Feldmann.

twitter

I think these are actually the best lyrics of the lot so far. quite loving the "A permanent state for a moments mistake" line. I love the guitars in this, lots of nice little parts dotted about. shame the verse/intro guitar is so fucking generically simplistic like bored to death. I love the harmonies, don't like the Na Na Nas and also dont understand why Mark gets auto tuned but Matts obvious vocal cracks in the bridge just get totally ignored?

I think if they'd released this one first, before Bored To Death, I'd have loved the shit out of it. but because its the third track and the formula that all of these songs have clearly been written to is so glaringly obvious its kinda robbed some of the enjoyment of the track out of me.

at least the production on this one isn't dog shite like BTD.

I still don't get all these "oh it sounds like generic pop punk" arguments considering blink fucking invented them but what-the-fuck-ever, I'm enjoying it.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!