Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: No Future Discussion

KayTheMagnificent wrote:I still don't get all these "oh it sounds like generic pop punk" arguments considering blink fucking invented them but what-the-fuck-ever, I'm enjoying it.

They were also one of the first bands (if not the first) in that branch to get out of it.
I'll keep my head exploding,
And keep on loving you,
Feed me; I'm your parasite.

they totally stole the chorus melody I just can't pick where I've heard it before

The whole structure of this is just Bored to Death and even the style of the chorus is almost identical with the staccato delivery.

uhmm yeah it sucks just like the other 2 songs
but it sucks in a boring way unlike Rabbit Hole which at least was sucky in a fun early 2000's way

"Where did sheeee goooo" was laughable - that was the best take?

Coffee Shampoo wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:I still don't get all these "oh it sounds like generic pop punk" arguments considering blink fucking invented them but what-the-fuck-ever, I'm enjoying it.

They were also one of the first bands (if not the first) in that branch to get out of it.

Yeah. I think in the eyes of many fans the "new" sound is a reversion to something everybody thought they'd grown out of. Part of me is also embarrassed that a guy in his mid-40s is so desperate to churn out more songs about girls, summer, and jokes.

But after I got through that and realized that there's no way around it, that it's better to just enjoy this (as it's all we're gonna fucking get, people), may as well enjoy it.

twitter

Really loving this one. And the other two are solid and have grown on me. But this one in particular for some reason I liked a lot better the first listen than the other two songs. I really like the vocal delivery on the chorus. I've read that a couple of people dislike it for that reason, but that's a strong point for me.

Couple of things I noticed:

1) The first 10 seconds sounds like a blend of the anthem pt. 2 intro and the bored to death intro.
2) The bridge starting at 2:18 sounds a bit like the heart's all gone bridge.

frisky wrote:Not a fan. I feel like Good Charlotte could have crapped that song out.

Holy shit you're spot on! I can totally imagine all this being sung by Joel Madden
The chorus totally sounds like The Anthem by Good Charlotte - at least the guitars in it do
and the rest of the song kinda sounds like Counting the Days but worse

Definitely my favourite song just based on the first listen. I'm really curious how I'll like this album when it comes out, and maybe even a year from now. I was listening to Neighborhoods the other day and was amazed at how much I love the first half of that album. From the 3 songs released I think I'll enjoy the album - I do have to say though...the songs feel very 'glossed' or 'polished' or whatever you want to call it. Which isn't bad, but I'm hoping there are some darker or more experimental tracks on the album. I'm sure they're releasing the 'safer' songs first so I'm not too concerned.
It's Obvious

Wow, that 'you don't know a thing about it' part rather quickly turned a bad song into a shit song. I didn't expect by saying that Feldman managed to capture the essence of blink they meant that he was going to make the band sound like any other wannabe 90s pop punk band that they 'influenced'. I think these bands now call themselves 50 seconds of summer.

I like the song, but like Bored To Death and Rabbit Hole - I think they are just decent songs and all kind of have this same vibe to them. This album has 16 songs so I'd imagine there's some diversity in there and hopefully/maybe a bit less oh's and na na's.
Sig made by Elevator

Wow, this song is extremely terrible. Each single has been progressively worse.

Sig by KayTheMagnificent

"Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous." - Mark Hoppus

breathwish wrote:Wow, this song is extremely terrible. Each single has been progressively worse.

There's only one single. These are just songs on the album. I didn't care for it at first, and now I sort of like it. We'll see. I love Rabbit Hole now.

Everyone hates all new music because its not what they want it to be. The reaction on the internet is always so predictable. The thing about music, as we all know, is that you never really know if a song is any good until you give it time to marinate. Snap judgments made on day 1 of a song or album release are rarely indicative of the actual quality of the music. I fucking hated Brand New's "The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me" the first few weeks of its release. Now its my favorite album they've ever released.

I made a mistake and started reading the youtube comments on the lyric video and there's something really weird about this fan base. Almost all the super negative comments (mostly about Matt) and all the 'bring Tom back comments' are all people with Latino and South American names. Tom must be a really big star down there.

Also, it only took me about 6 hours but I now like this song alot and have been singing along in the car. Classic Blink 182. Two months from now people will be singing along.