Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: Rabbit Hole Discussion

I think this great.

Also as someone who is a huge fan of Goldfinger, I don't think this sounds like Goldfinger. I am not hearing the similarities at all.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

Welp, after a couple of more listens, I'm less harsh about it. Yea like Kay said in the last page, it's cheesy as fuck, but they pretty much invented cheesy pop punk, so I don't see much of a problem either. They're just having fun as a band and the song gives off that feeling. The bass riff is pretty cute and the chorus is nice. The tempo of the song feels like it could have fit in TOYPAJ. The very beginning though, "Dear head.........SHUT UP....I can't listen no more" lmfao cringey as fuck.

I really like this song... Like holy shit. It does feel like a return to the roots with songs that are relatable.

Maybe some of you are right, it has to be tied to a time in your life somehow. My crazy ex has been trying to get back with me. You know what I want to yell in her face now? I WON'T FALL DOWN THAT FUCKING RABBIT HOLE WITH YOU AGAIN! Haha

It's got a great "I can't stop thinking about you but fuck off. I'm better off now" vibe. Kinda like waggy does. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album. Now excuse me while I jack off in my room until then.

KayTheMagnificent wrote:Anybody else hate these lyric videos? they're really badly done in my opinion.

i was just gonna say something about this. The way they profile this record is really different than what they previously did i feel. I dont understand this promotion of the album with such poor content. it seems directed in a tacky manor, for young teenagers, colourfull cheery generation. It feels a bit made..

Out of sight, out of mind, I remove myself Out of mind, my whole mind state is out of line

I don't hate it. It's just boring. Generic. Not really catchy. Reminds me of any throw away on an alternative radio station. Hope it's not indicative of the rest of the album, especially since Mark said he thought this would be a fan favorite.

Im starting to realize songs first listens rarely hit that "OMG" the first listen. The only album in reality for blink thats done that for me was self-titled. Even that I cant be sure of. Toypaj, Enema were all enjoyable from the get-go but getting the lyrics and the songs meanings didn't really kick in till later. Self-titled was in many ways a very literal album. I feel like we're in for a lot more pun like lyrics. Where you have to really hear it to get it. Oddly the very opposite is possible. Where you really really can't stand a song on the first listen and it never EVER grows on you. So to have the expectation isn't fair to the song nor the band... I'm going to try to rely on that less as a barometer...

listening to the lyrics I get this is a nod to Mark's relationship with Tom.. He could easily of just left blink as was. Not trying to move forward and wait for Tom. but He realized that way blink would never go on... For me this reminds me of my last relationship... I almost let myself get sucked back in.... loneliness does some fucked up shit...

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

I know it's early, but I'm getting a post-TOYPAJ/pre-Untitled vibe off the songs we've heard so far. Like this album may fit right in between the two. But again, it's early.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

KayTheMagnificent wrote:
chiefblink117 wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:Anybody else hate these lyric videos? they're really badly done in my opinion.

Well, this album was indeed written in 1 month and a half...

the videos, dude. who knows how long they've had.

Ah! My bad. In that case, I do agree with you.

I'll hold out final judgment until the album is out, but I'm starting to wonder if Feldmann was the right producer for the band. They needed a producer for sure, and Feldmann is awesome, but he just may be too fast and poppy for what I expected from 2/3rds blink 182 following the loss of a member + Matt Skiba. I'm curious to hear what those original songs were like before John's input.

The second I heard "DEAR HEAD...SHUT UP!"
I was immediately turned off and that whole thing about not overthinking the lyrics just stuck in my head for the rest of the track

I was reallllllyyyy hoping this would be better than Bored to Death
but it's not and it's stupid and the Dude Ranch comparisons are laughable

like someone said this sounds like Goldfinger or some such

I agree with everyone on here, in that I think its pretty generic pop-punk, likely forgettable, probably fun and a bit of a regression. That said, I think that Bored to Death has a completely different feel. The opening riff and vibe of BTD feels much darker and heavier (although I still haven't listened to Rabbit Hole through anythign but my shitty work speakers). Still though, I am going to reserve judgment on the new lineup, whether Feldmann was good or not, etc. until i hear the whole album. I mean think about it, we have what is, IMO, a darker yet catchy song in BTD, a pure slice of TOYPAJ era pop-punk, and we also know there is going to be a ballad and some more serious topics tackled. I'm still stoked for the album and the possibility that it will be a career spanning work that touches on all of blink's eras in a cohesive way while moving forward. I think that's all what we were looking for, and I think that's still a possibility.

(but yea, I was disappointed first listen too)

Edit: to the complaints about "dear head... shut up," I mean, havent' we been pining for Mark to write more relateable stuff? The lyric is clunky, but I can definitely relate to the general sentiment of not being able to turn off your mind.
Last edited by blinkfan4evr54 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

I was really hoping for an aggressive, darker album that had elements of summer punk while still harnessing that night-time pursuit that kind of pulsed throughout Neighborhoods. I wanted something more raw, stripped down, elemental, and fucking impactful.

So far we've gotten two songs that say nothing, mean nothing, and provide nothing of any nourishing value beyond "I LIKE HOOKS AND BLINK IS FUN RIGHT GUYS?" It's a great album if all you've ever wanted blink to be was something snappy to listen to on a sunny day at a skate park, but if you wanted blink to speak to you in more ways than that, you're out of luck and out of chances. This heart of the band is dead, and all that's left is the frosting on top of the cake.

twitter

Elevator wrote:I was really hoping for an aggressive, darker album that had elements of summer punk while still harnessing that night-time pursuit that kind of pulsed throughout Neighborhoods. I wanted something more raw, stripped down, elemental, and fucking impactful.

So far we've gotten two songs that say nothing, mean nothing, and provide nothing of any nourishing value beyond "I LIKE HOOKS AND BLINK IS FUN RIGHT GUYS?" It's a great album if all you've ever wanted blink to be was something snappy to listen to on a sunny day at a skate park, but if you wanted blink to speak to you in more ways than that, you're out of luck and out of chances. This heart of the band is dead, and all that's left is the frosting on top of the cake.

I can see where you say that, but cmon its wayyyyyy too early to judge. We got Feeling This (as "action") and then untitled ended up being something completely different. We've just heart two real songs, and to me, your first sentence describes BTD to a tee. Maybe they didn't execute it perfectly, but that's what I felt like they were going for.

Thanks MilfredCubicle for the sig!

Elevator wrote:This heart of the band is dead, and all that's left is the frosting on top of the cake.

A margarita would go well with that salt.

Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

yodda wrote:
Elevator wrote:This heart of the band is dead, and all that's left is the frosting on top of the cake.

crusty, sugary frosting poorly applied and melting in the gloaming of an aching summer

I mean if that's all you want, then that's fine. It's a catchy fucking tune that will no doubt be more liked by me in time, but I dunno. I can't help but no matter what I do I'm bound to be let down by this. I know many of you are simply going to pretend to like it more than you really do, if only to be contrarian to the haters, and that's your prerogative. It's snappy shit, but don't pretend it's some summer classic.

Also I think if I hear another song that features Oh's from Matt I'm going to cry out in anguish at how many times they go back to that fucking well.

brian. wrote:Song is rad.

It's blink-182. It's catchy, summery pop punk. Success.

Anyone expecting Dark Side of the Moon or The White Album is delusional. That's on you.

Not expecting either of those at all. Just wanted more substance and less sugar, but I guess everybody here aches for the sweet diabeetus.

twitter