Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: Rabbit Hole Discussion

My only quib leading up to this song's release is when Feldmann was doing the interview on HMNIM, he called Rabbit Hole a classic. He also said something similar about Cynical. Based off the length of both, they're uptempo and driving but based off the way Feldy put it, I'm going to assume Cynical will be similar in style. Seem like it'll be heavier though.. maybe. All just speculation.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

one thing i've noticed about both of the new songs is that they both start kinda weak but once you're halfway through they are enjoyable.

I still like bored to death a lot and think it's one of blink's best non-untitled songs tbh.

rabbit hole isnt one of their best, but it's a fun song even though i almost cringe a little during the first verse. it's got a nice chorus and it will be fun live. i think this will be the california equivalent to mh or this is home. mh is just boring and this is home is downright terrible imo. i think rabbit hole is better than those two songs so if this is one of the weaker songs from california we are already in better shape than we were with neighborhoods tbh

We also have to take into consideration that these are singles. It's a definite possibility that these two songs were crafted from the beginning to be singles. Many bands release pretty average songs to appeal to a wider audience. Rabbit Hole is trying to appeal to the modern-day pop-punk fan, I feel.

Look back at Feeling This. Although it's an epic song, it sounds nothing like the rest of the album. Releasing a song like Obvious might have scared off the pop-punk purists. Feeling This was a pop-punk anthem that generated interest in the album.

Also, when they released Neighborhoods the first two songs they put out were UAN and HAG and they are two of my least favourites on the album. So the first tracks out aren't always best. Though I think from Dude Ranch through to Untitled they nailed the first single choice. So who knows.

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

KayTheMagnificent wrote:Rabbit Hole isn't an official single, though. It's more of a grat track then anything, they've even said in interviews they didn't think it was single quality.

Yeah it's the same thing they did with UAN and HAG. Makes sense so they can play it live now without any more album spoilers.

Also, while Feldy said in Mark's podcast that he thought Rabbit Hole was his fave. Didn't he say something more like "I just can't stop thinking about RH, it's probably not even the best track on the album and won't be a single, but I just keep coming back to it".
Maybe he was super proud of it coz if it is as people say - classic blink generic pop-punk sound, as a producer he may be super proud he was able to re-create the classic blink sound he was striving for on a song. So liked it for achieving what he was striving for out of the song, rather than thinking it was the most kickass song? Might be way off line, especially having not heard it, but him saying it's his favourite doesn't necessarily mean he thinks it's the best.

The most special kind of love of all is the love that exists between two naked women while I watch. - Mark Hoppus

I don't like a pop-punk album from blink 182 in 2016 I'm sorry. So this song doesn't really do anything for me. It's not a bad song by any means just not what I wanted for the band without Tom. I wanted something fresh and new. Not something they did better when they where in they 20s. It's like Green Day's trilogy. At first I got excited cause my favorite band did their old school sound again but then realized it's pretty bad and boring.

I hope the album has more experimental songs and pushes them further musically and proves me wrong though.
Where is my asian friend?

I'm more convinced this is becoming the "cool to hate" song. Honestly there is nothing wrong with it. You can't please everyone and I think the band is at a point they fully understand that. So they say "fuck it we do what we want." Which is how every band should write music. (Also why I respect Linkin Park so much)

blink is falling into those categories of bands where nostalgia mixes so hard with people's feelings it creates almost impossible expectations. Same for Green Day same for many other bands of that time. We expect something epic, something that on our first listen, makes us instantly jizz. Truth be told most songs no matter how really good they end up beinng won't. Especially a pop punk band. When some hear the song and dont instantly start jizzing somehow people feel super let down almost angry.

Ask yourself when was the last time you had a song blow you absolutely away?... It's probably been a while. For me it hasn't happen in years. Most of my meomories of songs blowing my mind when as a teenager. You know when i was super impressionable ? I think thats the case for most people. If you heard songs like I Miss You or Always for the first time now. I doubt they would blow your mind now.
Lots lf bands release CDs full of OK songs. And for other bands apparently that fine. But for blink somehow releasing an album of OK songs would be the AntiChrist. And that's not fair to blink..

I'd rather get a while CD of OK to pretty good songs then a CD full of shit songs that you cant stomach

If you keep expecting blink to bring upon the second coming of Christ ... Your bound for disappointment

. This song will grow on most people as the album gets closer to release ... just like all of Neighborhoods did.. Aye people...

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Always kinda blew me away recently- that song kicks all sorts of ass
and I actually got really blown away by this Pink Floyd song called Apples and Oranges the other day

uhhhh I think I just don't like a lot of the melodies and arrangements on Rabbit Hole - they're saccharine, predictable and embarrassing at times (Matt's "I won't fall down" chanting in particular) - some people think they're catchy - it's just difference of opinion.

Not every song has to be a monumental thing (blink aren't Muse or U2). A few people here are down on Up All Night - I don't think it's mind blowing but I think it's a fun, pop song with lots of replay value still.

And it's been like 2 months and I haven't got any closer to Bored to Death so I'm just hoping in the context of the album those songs will be a little less shitty.
Basically music is subjective and Rabbit Hole is awful.

I just got around to listening to this song and honestly I didn't like it, it was a good idea that should've remained as an idea. I sincerely hope the album doesn't sound too punk rock because I sometimes fear that Mark may be too stuck in the past which is why I kinda liked Tom's input on blink's music. The only reason this track wasn't a piece of worthless garbage (yeah, I know, music is subjective) is because of Travis' drums.
I'll keep my head exploding,
And keep on loving you,
Feed me; I'm your parasite.

I don't know if it's the sunshine of the west coast, the desert air, sunburns all over my body, or just being on vacation, but I really ended up liking this song. It's just fun. I mean it's not really fair to say, "oh this is totally something from Enema or TOYPAJ," because like I've said a few times now, this just isn't the same band. It's a different era that you kinda would do better to not compare to previous albums with a totally different co-lead.

Blink songs I've harped on about being anthems to my life, and Rabbit Hole has really emerged as the song that will forever be associated with my fun journey out to Arizona & California. Couldn't really do much better than that.

That being said, I'd love to hear the pattern shaken up a bit to where there's a song that's virtually all Matt with only a little Mark, and vice versa. The split verses are good, but I want more Matt.

twitter

Yeah the formula for both this and BTD are essentially the same which is my bigger concern, but this is kind of the point isn't it - as soon as the song has some time, and in your case some experience to tie to it, suddenly it settles in more. in time, all of these songs will be special to us - even luke warm blink is still blink enough, in my opinion.

my fiancee keeps yelling at me for singing this song though. apparently its 'boring' and my liking it makes her like it even less.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Elevator wrote:I don't know if it's the sunshine of the west coast, the desert air, sunburns all over my body, or just being on vacation, but I really ended up liking this song. It's just fun. I mean it's not really fair to say, "oh this is totally something from Enema or TOYPAJ," because like I've said a few times now, this just isn't the same band. It's a different era that you kinda would do better to not compare to previous albums with a totally different co-lead.

Blink songs I've harped on about being anthems to my life, and Rabbit Hole has really emerged as the song that will forever be associated with my fun journey out to Arizona & California. Couldn't really do much better than that.

That being said, I'd love to hear the pattern shaken up a bit to where there's a song that's virtually all Matt with only a little Mark, and vice versa. The split verses are good, but I want more Matt.

Sucks you didn't have the whole album in time. I'm praying for a stream/leak a week before July 1 for my trip to Vermont haha.

Also I agree with your last points. The same pattern of "mark first verse then Matt second" does concern me and I SWEAR I read somewhere that there really isn't all Matt and all Mark songs. I wish I could find this, but I wanna say I read Jason Tate post that comment somewhere, sometime. Hope I'm/he are wrong! Also one of my first reactions after RH was "I want more Matt" oddly enough.

I feel like ive really nailed down my thought process when it comes to new blink songs. I have these chereished memories of these songs. And those memories unload when I hear the classics. I get this expectation these new songs will immediately elicit the seem experiences. It's not the case with any band. I've held blink on a pedistol. In both favoritism and criticisms. The more I play these songs the more I love them. I'm building new memories of these songs.

There is an needs to be a small difference between these songs and any other new bands songs. These songs need to sound like blink. I think they have nailed that. I tried to ask myself what would blink need to do to put out a perfect new song. I realise I can't answer that. And unless I can give an objectional answer to that. I can say it's not fair for me to put blink down..

I can say these songs feel like blink. Not 5sos not Alkaline Trio not Goldfinger. It sounds like blink. These songs get stuck in my head and I have to sing along when it's on. Honestly there isnt much more I can ask for.

Elevator man please post pics from your trip. I'm dying to get out to Cali Its a must do before I die... And hopefully I'll have this album as my sound track..

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

frisky wrote:Dear head, shut up. I don't want this song stuck in my head no more.

This is a haunted song. It's super catchy. Hope this album's not a cardboard cutout, way too poppy.

I WON'T FALL DOWN THAT FUCKIN HYPE HOLE
MY WALLET'S STAYING IN MY PANTS
ALL THE HITS THAT YOU MAKE THEY SOUND KINDA FAKE AND IT'S GETTING OLD
I WON'T FALL DOWN THAT FUCKIN HYPE HOLE

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:
Elevator man please post pics from your trip. I'm dying to get out to Cali Its a must do before I die... And hopefully I'll have this album as my sound track..

twitter