Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: Rabbit Hole Discussion

Elevator wrote:I liked the part where the host talked over the end and didn't let me fully enjoy the track.

Not that I enjoyed the track, but....

I dunno. It'll grow on me some more when I'm having a better day but just like BTD it's just a song. Some fans who basically want an album full of forgettable summer jams that don't fill a void or touch on anything real will probably love this song and the album.

I wont argue that. Its hard to see where they want to go with this. Self titled hit such a place, right in the feels. I can't help but wonder where they are going. as much as I love summer albums and what not.... they dont stay on repeat for very long. We need a driven record. WHYSB that was a driven record. WDNTW a driven record. Self titled a Driven Record. TOYPAJ has moments of drive. If California can hit on TOYPAJ momentum. With a few really really deep tracks. I'd be happy.....

Third listen... song has grown on me. But to Elevators point its just a "Song"...

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Ryan. wrote:I mean not every song is gonna have a massive emotional impact.
And a lot of the previous albums you relate to time periods after the fact.

Yep. My friends complained about Neighborhoods when it came out because it wasn't nostalgic/relatable. Same friends now enjoy the album because it reminds them of the time when it came out, and they relate to it more now where they are in their lives.

Time is funny like that.
I saw you again
I know you fucked him again
Can you comfort yourself with this sense of revenge?
Are you leaving me here with the taste of the end?

And she said... wrote:Cool 5SOS song.

:lol:

Based off what we've heard, I think I might be more excited for those "darker, heavier" songs on the supposed EP coming after California.

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

I suppose if you go into a blink album in 2016 thinking you'll get a life-changing album...then you'll be disappointed.

If I need thought-provoking, depressing, eye-opening lyrical content I have my other bands I'll go to. Bands that aren't in their 40's playing for the hell of it.

I'm completely content with these 2 songs and will happily blast this album for the entirety of the summer. It's all I wanted!

The more I hear the song, the more I like it, but I really don't want an entire album of this. Jesus.

If the whole album is songs like Rabbit Hole, then it's basically just, "Remember TOYPJ? Let's make another one of those!"
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

Tyler44 wrote:I suppose if you go into a blink album in 2016 thinking you'll get a life-changing album...then you'll be disappointed.

If I need thought-provoking, depressing, eye-opening lyrical content I have my other bands I'll go to. Bands that aren't in their 40's playing for the hell of it.

I'm completely content with these 2 songs and will happily blast this album for the entirety of the summer. It's all I wanted!

Agreed. At the end of the day, any blink is better than no blink at all.

Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

I like this, even though it's not their most memorable work.

sounds blink to me with goldfinger influence, not like straight goldfinger. the bridge actually reminds me of a happier but less good untitled track.

seems like this really will be just a straight up fun pop punk album, and despite liking untitled more than any other blink album by far i think is the best album for the band to make at the moment. I see this album as sort of a blink "reboot". it allows them to reconnect as a band after it's post-reunion identity crisis by doing an updated, matured version of what they became famous for with just enough new, restoring faith in the fans. then for the next album they could start experimenting and going more 'raw' again. I just wish the material was a bit stronger, but i have no problem with the overall direction they've taken

Kyle wrote:
Tyler44 wrote:I suppose if you go into a blink album in 2016 thinking you'll get a life-changing album...then you'll be disappointed.

Lets agree to disagree... sometimes its better to retire on a good note then to burn out like Micheal Jordan in the MLB....

I died a little on the inside when someone said 5SOS... died....
Last edited by OBGYN_KENOBI on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:
Kyle wrote:

Lets agree to disagree... sometimes its better to retire on a good note then to burn out like Micheal Jordan in the MLB....

Oh please. When this album comes out and you've had the time to get into it we'll come back to this and I'll ask "Now pretend you didn't have this at all and blink was done for good, would you be ok with that?"

Check back then.