Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: Most Underrated Blink 182 Songs?

Cacophony
Reckless Abandon
Stockholm Syndrome
Waggy

Love your picks, except I'm Lost Without You. Ugh... I just hate everything about that song. I replaced it with not now and I've never made a better choice in my entire life.

Great thread topic btw. Some of the best songs aren't singles.

Edit: Just realized after looking at later comments that I put Reckless Abandon. Not a huge fan of that song. What I meant to type was Roller Coaster. Love that song!
Last edited by rockstarjerry on Fri May 27, 2016 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

^ And Apple Shampoo gets a whole lot of love amongst fans
same deal with Going Away to College, Dysentary Gary, Reckless Abandon, Stockholm Syndrome, Even if She Falls and Asthenia - just because they weren't singles doesn't make them underrated.

I'd say Lemmings is an underrated song - no one ever really talks about it or gives it much love
And it's great! Awesome hook and awesome riff, serious subject matter, Mark is singing in his gravelly voice and to top it all off there's an unexpected wordy outro like the one in Man Overboard.

I'd also say Emo is underrated
It stands out on the album as really different and I like how downbeat the whole song is - makes the high energy call and response outro at the end all the more sweeter - probably my go to example of how Mark and Tom's voices are so different yet meld brilliantly.

I agree with the OP about Fighting the Gravity being underrated, half of the blink fan base immediately wrote it off for being "weird" and it's a darn shame Tom didn't record a guitar part of vocal section for it -I think more people may have gotten on board with it. It's definitely my favourite Neighborhoods track, in that it adds some colour to an album that lacks a lot of tonal diversity.

Cacophony definitely. Everytime I Look For You and Emo are super underrated, and I think for songs on Untitled the only songs you could consider 'underrated' by the blink fanbase are Obvious and Heres Your Letter, both of which I love.
Loads of Dude Ranch gets overlooked, like Lemmings and I'm Sorry and Enthused. for Chesire Cat I'd say the ultimate overlooked track (besides Cacophony) is Sometimes. maybe TV.
Enema seems to get praise from start to finish tbh.

A lot of these are Mark tracks. hmm.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Stockholm Syndrome is a great song. It pulls no punches, and Mark fucking belts out the bridge in a rare showcase of his ability to unleash.

Alternating Tom/Mark in the "chorus," for lack of a better description, is so satisfying. It's the classic Mark/Tom vocal exchange of angsty shouting to the world paired against the deeper, somber tones of want. Travis's ability to transition from the breakneck to the buildup is, as always, profound.

Great tune that told any listener who expected to hear Dammit 13 or 14 times on the Untitled record to fuck right off, this is what we're capable of.

twitter

I never really thought of that one as underrated either but its one of my faves from untitled so maybe thats why I assumed that. although honestly now I struggle to listen to Tom in the chorus without cringing. I loved it when it was released but now the "AFTER WE'RE GAWNE" and "AN M T ART" bother my ear now.

and yeah Not Now is the quintessential fave blink song. I think it tied with Feeling This for the boards favourite, way back when.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Online Songs!!!!!!!!!!! I've been obsessed with that one lately.

Also gotta go with Everytime I Look For You, All of This, Here's Your Letter, Emo, and... *drum roll* A New Hope.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

frisky wrote:Easy Target and Reckless Abandon are overrated and are fan favorites.

Emo and Cacophony get my vote.

Yeah you're right. Definitely meant Roller Coaster and not Reckless Abandon. I love the opening of Roller Coaster and how Mark goes up and down as he sings it. Such a good song.

Lemmings is an amazing choice. I'm sorry is good too but the I'm sorrys over and over coupled with the feedback noise at the end kinda gets on my nerves.

Emo
Anthem
Shut Up
Please Take Me Home
Stockholm Syndrome
Here's Your Letter
Not Now
Fighting the Gravity

Spoiler: show
Elevator wrote:But hey, pardon me for trying to be objective here. Maybe I should just say "Fuck Tom, he's dead to me, burn his ashes and piss on his grave for ever existing."

Elevator wrote:Haha yeah, fuck Tom! What a pompous shithead.

Elevator wrote:fuck Tom.

Elevator wrote:Yeah, I hope Tom dies and stuff for breaking up that band I like.

And she said... wrote:I feel that way about Give Me One Good Reason. The lyrics in that song piss me off.

I usually skip that and go straight to "Shut Up" when I am listening to TOPYAJ.

Speaking of underrated songs. "Shut Up." LOVE that song.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)