Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Make Your Own "California" Cover

We've done this before, Ryan's neighbourhoods cover is arguably better than the original and frequently makes the rounds online, so I welcome everyone to attempt an alternative 'California' cover.

I wanted to take the same white banner approach the current has but have like a palm tree / skyline / silhouette type feel instead of the current artwork. I don't particularly like these (partly because I messed up and theres black outlines everywhere ) or think they suit with blink necessarily but I gave it a whack. tried to capture in each of them the sort of 'yay sun california' but also have a weird darker edge to it, as Mark said the record displays like both elements of California.

I'm going to try something more away from the original concept but as of right now my mind draws a blank... especially as I've never been to the states, let alone California.

I welcome everyone to give it a go! lord knows a lot of us don't like the current cover

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Re: Make Your Own "California" Cover

I REALLY like the second option, Kay.

A LOT, actually.

The fact that the palm trees appear to be flanking a road, or a path, makes you feel like you need to "follow" them. It's very inviting. The angle creates that ambiguity without taking away the meaning. It just creates more mystery, compelling you all the more.

That is legit.
I was hanging on by a little thread.
Just minutes before I was on a mountain.
I screamed "I can see all."
The ground broke from the sound.
It was all built on nothing.
Caution: the solid ground that you are on will slide from under you.
-Hot Water Music

That is really cool, too. But I wouldn't want that smiley to keep on coming for each blink album. Maybe a different symbol or the smiley face with no arrows or something. I do like the concept of at least SOMETHING being drawn in the sand. Really cool.

It would also be cool if, on the patio of that little "hut," there was a guy sipping a pina colada or another beach drink (a beverage with one of those little umbrellas). I imagine the guy kicked back in a chair with his legs over the railing.

For that to work though, the perspective would have to be shifted a little bit so we could see more of the guy chill-axing.

I like it!
-Hot Water Music

frisky wrote:The dude would have Josie tattooed on his arm?

HELL YAH!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!! :D

I'm all for that. 100%
-Hot Water Music