Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Travis Barker - Can I Say (Book)

So this comes out in October. everyones talking about Tom's sci fi wet dream and personally I'm more excited for this.

The blurb is the following -

After breaking out as the acclaimed drummer of the multiplatinum punk band Blink-182, everything changed for Travis Barker. But the dark side of rock stardom took its toll: his marriage, chronicled for an MTV reality show, fell apart. Constant touring concealed a serious drug addiction. A reckoning did not truly come until he was forced to face mortality: His life nearly ended in a horrifying plane crash, and then his close friend, collaborator, and fellow crash survivor DJ AM died of an overdose.

In this blunt, driving memoir, Barker ruminates on rock stardom, fatherhood, death, loss, and redemption, sharing stories shaped by decades’ worth of hard-earned insights. His pulsating memoir is as energetic as his acclaimed beats. It brings to a close the first chapters of a well-lived life, inspiring readers to follow the rhythms of their own hearts and find meaning in their lives.

I'm not a giant Travis fan but I am very curious about reading more about his life from him, not crap like TMZ.

Anyone else going to pick this up?

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Re: Travis Barker - Can I Say (Book)

I'll totally buy this. I'm currently reading Frank Turner's book and I love reading stories that musicians go through. It'd be a shame if I didn't buy the drummer of my favorite band's book about his life. Plus, like many, I feel like I know nothing about Travis...so it would definitely be an interesting read.

Tyler44 wrote:I'll totally buy this. I'm currently reading Frank Turner's book and I love reading stories that musicians go through. It'd be a shame if I didn't buy the drummer of my favorite band's book about his life. Plus, like many, I feel like I know nothing about Travis...so it would definitely be an interesting read.

How is Frank's book? I really wanna get it.

I read Amanda Palmers book 'the art of asking' and it was really amazing.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Tyler44 wrote:I'll totally buy this. I'm currently reading Frank Turner's book and I love reading stories that musicians go through. It'd be a shame if I didn't buy the drummer of my favorite band's book about his life. Plus, like many, I feel like I know nothing about Travis...so it would definitely be an interesting read.

Frank wrote a book?
I'd would like to read the "Break Up One" from travis pov, but i'm pretty sure the book is gonna be focused on his personal life and i honestly don't care much about it

sig made by KayTheMagnificent

I doubt Travis would say anything about drug addiction over weed. I mean yeah you can be mentally addicted to it, but not physically. He's had a rough 10 years. He lost his friends, I am sure he was pretty depressed. He seems like he's done coke and I could even see him doing heroin. He's definitely done more than smoked weed and popped a pill with Tom.

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show