Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: BlinkGate 2015

MexicanPirate wrote:
Ryan. wrote:It's tom trying to save face. If they are blink songs.
He has said nothing about dream walker bsides or other songs.
He is showing that he had been working on blink, which he obviously has, but mark probably has shit tonnes of plus 44 tracks stashed away..

I get all of that, but what's Tom's endgame here?

If he wanted to leave the band, he succeeded. There is no point in bringing anymore attention to it. This is just making him look foolish and creates the illusion that he wants back in with blink, which he doesn't.

It's exactly like when you breakup with someone. You might post stuff about them or directed at them just because you're bitter over the whole thing.

Re: Tom Posts blink-182 clips on Instagram

I have no idea how Tom decides what is a Blink song vs. an AVA song anymore, because it all sounds identical. And kind of not good. Six months wasn't enough time for him to make an album with 2 other people. But hey one month is enough to release whatever this thing is.

Tom's a piece of shit. Honestly, he can stick those shitty demos up his ass.

If those really were for the next Blink album, I'm glad we don't have to suffer listening to them as proper songs, because they sound like complete shit.

I also find it funny how he has so much time now to release supposedly Blink demos.

roughly 1 week into this crazy ass story and thoughts of publicity stunt / hoax are beginning to creep into my mind. I KNOW it isn't, but this is an extremely wacky series of events. i'm just trying to understand in what world this could make any sense. it's insane.

tom loves a good conspiracy.
it's almost too similar to 2004.
no one has said anything truly bad about one another that would incriminate the band (besides maybe travis saying tom didn't listen to any of the final mixes... basically admitting neighborhoods was half assed)
no one really knows what they've been up to for months, if not years.

fun to think about anyway. just for fun. so calm down in advance, i do not believe this is the case. RIP blink.

Jamiew wrote:I also find it funny how he has so much time now to release supposedly Blink demos.

I'm sure he worked on blink demos sometimes by himself... was just hard for him to commit to work with Mark and Travis like he stated in his facebook post or whatever. Clearly they don't have a great relationship.
Sig made by Elevator

Here's my view on Tom.

First, he's a liar. His involvement with blink the past 6 years has been fake, and it was a big lie to the fans. I'm sure he forgot about all that when he was on stage, and he still gave us a good show.

Second, though, is that he's now a businessman and a self-proclaimed "artist". He's not really a musician anymore, in my eyes. I agree with those who have stated that Tom's musical inspiration has run dry and he's moving to other mediums that interest him more currently.

Dream Walker was mostly Ilan. There's videos and interviews to prove that. Tom brought in lyrics, maybe an idea here and there, and I'm pretty sure Tunnels was mostly Tom's doing, but that album was mostly Ilan.

Tom's been recycling the same stuff over and over for years. The very nature of "punk rock" or whatever blink-182 is calls for droves of power chords and octaves. That's fine, and every band does that. But Tom has been playing the same note progressions, chord progressions, riffs, etc. since 2003. "Love" parts 1 and 2 was the first time it was clearly obvious he was out of ideas.

I haven't agreed with many of Tom's production decisions either and his guitar sound has been shit for years. Neighborhoods is where this all really came through. GOTDF was ruined by his crap. The octaves in the chorus of After Midnight are too quiet. Wishing Well should have stayed acoustic. The list goes on.

The guy is a mediocre musician and lyricist who has run out of ideas and refuses to make music like TOYPAJ anymore. That's fine. The involvement with blink was half-assed and I'm mad that he hid his disinterest from the fans for so long.

Those clips are garbage.

But that is what makes me so much more excited to see what Mark and Travis will do music wise with whatever musicians they decide on that actually do possess passion and inspiration. And also talent.

I know Mark has it in him somewhere. Dogs Eating Dogs was a solid track. Kaleidoscope was a great track. WYHSB was an amazing album, and the title track even got some decent radio play. He wrote half of blink's big hits. All the stuff he did with City Comma State was fucking amazing. It's there somewhere. I feel like he's been sitting in cruise control. I hope this inspires the shit out of him and we see his best work in whatever he does next.

spike18244 wrote:
saltygrapes wrote:
Raku wrote:Second one however could definitely be blink-182.

Second one IS blink-182. It is First Date, from 2001.

+1 for truthiness.

Actually if we want to be negative towards the second clip then I should call it out on this.

It doesn't sound like First Date, but every other generic 'pop punk' band out there trying to copy blink-182. A below average 'song' that sounds like it was probably written by some 15 year old who thinks blink-182 and FOB are the greatest... Especially towards the end of the clip there. Seriously look up any modern shitty (IMO) 'pop punk' band out there and you will probably hear that exact clip/riff in one of their songs.

Edit:

In fact here is the second clip

Thanks Kay.

http://mysummerjob.mybrute.com

Raku wrote:
spike18244 wrote:
saltygrapes wrote:
Raku wrote:Second one however could definitely be blink-182.

Second one IS blink-182. It is First Date, from 2001.

+1 for truthiness.

Actually if we want to be negative towards the second clip then I should call it out on this.

It doesn't sound like First Date, but every other generic 'pop punk' band out there trying to copy blink-182. A below average 'song' that sounds like it was probably written by some 15 year old who thinks blink-182 and FOB are the greatest... Especially towards the end of the clip there. Seriously look up any modern shitty (IMO) 'pop punk' band out there and you will probably hear that exact clip/riff in one of their songs.

Edit:

In fact here is the second clip

That's embarrassing because I'm in a 3 piece as a female bassist where myself and the guitarist both sing BUT LORD ABOVE I HOPE WE DON'T SOUND LIKE THAT lol

but yeah don't be too harsh on those clips... they're literally a couple of seconds recorded on a phone it's not going to sound great.

Also the level of Tom hate is too damn high. and ultimately, if you're making me feel that you're too harsh on Tom then that's gotta mean something.

Plus I'm old school Tom hater, you guys are late to the party :lol:

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!