Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: BlinkGate 2015

A couple of hundred people posting a hashtag won't do shit, bro.

blink's dead, accept it.

"Tom and Travis are my brothers and I'd do anything for those guys. When all of this is said and done, we'll all be together looking back going 'fuck, we made it'."
– Mark, UC2

"So many other bands just fight, they don't get along and hate each other, but when things come down the road that are hard and gnarly... It's just us three, I feel like it doesn't matter, I feel like we can do anything"
– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

Just let the band die already.

What a difference 6 years makes, I was so excited to see them get back together and now they're splitting up and I don't really care. Probably helps that they basically haven't been a band for a few years.

Tom is at fault, yeah, but so are Mark and Travis, though you won't hear that much from a former +44 site. Mark is evidently still butthurt over side projects(past and current), Tom stopped caring about blink in 2004-2005. It's the same issues played out over again.

It's better to burn out than to fade away, I suppose.

Sig by KayTheMagnificent

"Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous." - Mark Hoppus

I guess I must be a dying breed of die hard fans that just wants blink 182 to be Mark Tom and Travis then?
When The night will begin The pain it won't end Even if she falls in love
Back You wanna turn back Your heart will attack Even if she falls in love

No, you're just a dying breed of fans that can't take a hint.

"Tom and Travis are my brothers and I'd do anything for those guys. When all of this is said and done, we'll all be together looking back going 'fuck, we made it'."
– Mark, UC2

"So many other bands just fight, they don't get along and hate each other, but when things come down the road that are hard and gnarly... It's just us three, I feel like it doesn't matter, I feel like we can do anything"
– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

STEV3TC wrote:
brendan wrote:
STEV3TC wrote:
brendan wrote:
STEV3TC wrote:I just posted a new thread about this. But honestly I just want them to put their differences aside. We should take the simple less than a minute action to post on their social media accounts using #WEJUSTWANTBLINK if we unite maybe they will too. Be honest with yourself what do we have to lose?

Their relationship is "poisoned." These guys aren't meant to work together and that's okay. The issue of the last six years is that these guys ideals jus don't gel together and haven't since 2003. The unfortunate thing is we had to come to this realization in a one day blow up, but that's life. It's not productive to try to make this work for the fans when these guys just aren't meant to work together.

Its not about being productive. Its about show the band our support. Whatever the truth is, you can pick sides and believe whoever you want. But at the end of the day were all on this site because were fans. Showing support and being positive is doing more than sitting here and saying oo well get over it. It takes less than a minute and doesn't cost anything.

I honestly don't want them to continue now. Any continuation has the potential to taint they're legacy if another bigger blow up happens and no fan can trust they're actually friends anymore if they weren't even really friends during the reunion. Most fans have this mentality after what's happened the past two days. It's over and any chance at trying to put it back together will feel fake.

You make a lot of assumptions with a very closed mind my friend. To set differences aside is the point your missing and the point I'm trying to get all of us to agree on and show our band support. If they see your mentality then yeah it'll never work. Being positive has its benefits

They tried that in 2009 and six years later here we are with nothing to show but how that these guys aren't meant to be together. It sounds like it's been six years of mostly unhappiness for the guys apart from when they are actually playing shows. I think it's better to support these guys work on their own, what they're happy doing, and hope that they can at least be friends again someday.

STEV3TC wrote:I guess I must be a dying breed of die hard fans that just wants blink 182 to be Mark Tom and Travis then?

That's why people don't want to see the band continue.

Also, fuck Scott I guess?

Sig by KayTheMagnificent

"Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous." - Mark Hoppus

STEV3TC wrote:I guess I must be a dying breed of die hard fans that just wants blink 182 to be Mark Tom and Travis then?

No. You're not. That's what we all want. We just know when to accept the fact that these aren't the same 3 guys that were playing music together '99-'03. blink is over for good. You can't expect a bunch of fans to beg the members of a band (that just got in to a huge public shit throwing competition) to stay together because the fans think it should be that way.

MexicanPirate wrote:No, you're just a dying breed of fans that can't take a hint.

A hint? That your favorite band is possibly never going to be the same? Yep true fan. Do you remember the UP ALL NIGHT 4 UP ALL NIGHT Threads? Probably not considering you joined in 2012. Those threads were fun. and #UPALLNIGHT was actually trending on twitter

STEV3TC wrote:
MexicanPirate wrote:No, you're just a dying breed of fans that can't take a hint.

A hint? That your favorite band is possibly never going to be the same?

They haven't been "the same" in a long ass time. What happened yesterday was a mere formality.

– Mark, UC2

– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

The negativity is crazy here. None of them said blink was done? Or have I been in a cave. They all want Blink. Tom has no time but he cares about Mark and Travis. Mark said "Travis and I aren't angry" Theres a way to be positive if you read everything correctly and theres a way to be extremely negative which all of you are apparently good at.

STEV3TC wrote:The negativity is crazy here. None of them said blink was done? Or have I been in a cave. They all want Blink. Tom has no time but he cares about Mark and Travis. Mark said "Travis and I aren't angry" Theres a way to be positive if you read everything correctly and theres a way to be extremely negative which all of you are apparently good at.

There's also a way to be extremely delusional.

Negative or realistic?

– Mark, UC2

– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

STEV3TC wrote:The negativity is crazy here. None of them said blink was done? Or have I been in a cave. They all want Blink. Tom has no time but he cares about Mark and Travis. Mark said "Travis and I aren't angry" Theres a way to be positive if you read everything correctly and theres a way to be extremely negative which all of you are apparently good at.

No none of them want blink to end but they all want different things. Blink can't work when they want different things and I'm sure they're coming to terms with that just as we are.

And why not be optimistic? Everyone's such a critic its hilarious. Are you here to support Blink or to just say ahh finally Blinks done!! AVA and +44 forever!!! and have wet dreams about another +44 album. No its 182online. Were all here because at one point we liked this band. And I'll continue to support it and hope their relationship improves if we all support them.

STEV3TC wrote:And why not be optimistic? Everyone's such a critic its hilarious. Are you here to support Blink or to just say ahh finally Blinks done!! AVA and +44 forever!!! and have wet dreams about another +44 album. No its 182online. Were all here because at one point we liked this band. And I'll continue to support it and hope their relationship improves if we all support them.

So you really want what we've gotten for the past six years to continue. A band filled with turmoil that will release a half assed album every six or seven years that one of the members can't even be bothered to listen to. Play shows and fake stage banter when they couldn't care less about joking with one another. Because what we've pretty much gotten has been a charade. It was nice while it lasted sure. But now we know the behind the scenes so I can't support that continuing.

I think they could make up their differences and continue on. I think, I don't know but at least it's better than being so certain that it is 'poisoned' with no way of being remedied with the appropriate communication being prioritized to actually occur and in no way is it silly of a particular kind of fan to think that a trend might not be such a bad idea to strive for in the current state of affairs. It neither harmful nor complacent and I think that's appropriate behavior given what's happened and should be encouraged but if ya can't hear it it'd much better to not strike down the thought out of depression of being proven to be 'right' all along about the things going on with the band's dynamic. Still there's a way this can play out with Mark Tom and Travis being blink 182 but as matter of fact that's what I'd prefer. All this shit including yesterday is in the past so just let it be and move on accordingly. It'll end up the way it does. I think they'll want the band as much as we do. MIRROR/mirror

Muttweed182 wrote:I think they could make up their differences and continue on. I think, I don't know but at least it's better than being so certain that it is 'poisoned' with no way of being remedied with the appropriate communication being prioritized to actually occur and in no way is it silly of a particular kind of fan to think that a trend might not be such a bad idea to strive for in the current state of affairs. It neither harmful nor complacent and I think that's appropriate behavior given what's happened and should be encouraged but if ya can't hear it it'd much better to not strike down the thought out of depression of being proven to be 'right' all along about the things going on with the band's dynamic. Still there's a way this can play out with Mark Tom and Travis being blink 182 but as matter of fact that's what I'd prefer. All this shit including yesterday is in the past so just let it be and move on accordingly. It'll end up the way it does. I think they'll want the band as much as we do. MIRROR/mirror

(Y) And thats all I'm asking for. Is all of us to support the above and stay positive

It's gotten ugly and in the eyes of the public Tom wants to make it work but Mark doesn't which is fucked up considering this is a band they started together. I'm not defending him, I really despise him at the moment after all this, but if he really changed his mind and wants to fully do blink and put AVA aside they should work it out. They all have to man up. That's what I hope for but we're just being realistic. If they do somehow make something work I will embrace it but most of us have been hurt and lied to way too much. It hasn't gone down yet but we're all expecting it.

I would love to take a vote. Who blames who for all of this?

Reading through everything I honestly can't seem to point blame. Thats why I just want to support them repairing their relationship and doing blink