Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: BlinkGate 2015

Jamiew wrote:Guys, leave Tom alone. He knows he did wrong. Plus, we have all this awesome Angels shit to look forward to now, which won't have any Blink to distract its potential.

#fucktomdelonge

twitter

All three of them will end up making more blink music. Tom will have the first 6 tracks to himself and mark and Travis will have 6 tracks to their selves. Then the record label will put it in the order they want it to be in and call it blink-182, so no one can get butt hurt in who's in the band or not

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show

As far as this Musink Festival goes, I'm interested in what the setlist will be. Assuming all of the songs that include Tom's vocals are tied up in legalities, that means no Feeling This(FUCK), Up All Night, Down, I Miss You (FUCK), Dumpweed, Wishing Well, Always, STFTK (FUCK), Asthenia, First Date (Actually happy about that one), Easy Target, Ghost on the Dancefloor, ATST (Ok with that), Carousel (FUCK) and Violence.

That's 15 songs from the last setlist that seemingly won't be able to be played again.

"Tom and Travis are my brothers and I'd do anything for those guys. When all of this is said and done, we'll all be together looking back going 'fuck, we made it'."
– Mark, UC2

"So many other bands just fight, they don't get along and hate each other, but when things come down the road that are hard and gnarly... It's just us three, I feel like it doesn't matter, I feel like we can do anything"
– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

Idk why all these people feel bad for Tom and are giving shit to Mark & Travis for finally going public about it without telling him. They gave him multiple chances to get his shit together to commit to blink and chose to take it for granted. He put off recording for two years!! Mark & Travis would always accommodate for Tom but never the other way around. IF he ever gave a fuck he would get his head out of his ass, apologize to everyone and play that fucking show in the first place even though that ship has sailed. What kind of person doesn't have time to play one fucking show at your friends festival only an hour away from your house. He can't say he loves blink and those two with all those actions. He's a coward and an asshole.

MexicanPirate wrote:As far as this Musink Festival goes, I'm interested in what the setlist will be. Assuming all of the songs that include Tom's vocals are tied up in legalities, that means no Feeling This(FUCK), Up All Night, Down, I Miss You (FUCK), Dumpweed, Wishing Well, Always, STFTK (FUCK), Asthenia, First Date (Actually happy about that one), Easy Target, Ghost on the Dancefloor, ATST (Ok with that), Carousel (FUCK) and Violence.

That's 15 songs from the last setlist that seemingly won't be able to be played again.

They won't be tied up in legalities lol. It doesn't matter if toms singing or just playing guitar, he has songwriting credit for all blink 182 songs. They can play any song they want just like its a cover. Venues pay licensing fees to allow songs to be played live whether it's a cover or from the band themselves. Tom will only get a piece of those licensing fees.

I think it would be awesome to see them play a set of songs they haven't played in a really long time. It won't happen, but I can still dream...

MexicanPirate wrote:As far as this Musink Festival goes, I'm interested in what the setlist will be. Assuming all of the songs that include Tom's vocals are tied up in legalities, that means no Feeling This(FUCK), Up All Night, Down, I Miss You (FUCK), Dumpweed, Wishing Well, Always, STFTK (FUCK), Asthenia, First Date (Actually happy about that one), Easy Target, Ghost on the Dancefloor, ATST (Ok with that), Carousel (FUCK) and Violence.

Why do you say that? Mark is credited as the co-writer of each of these songs, and Travis for most of them. The legality shouldn't be the issue. But it would be awkward as fuck to see them playing the exact same Tom heavy set they played last year. I have no doubt they will play the classics like Feeling This, I Miss You, and All the Small Things. Remember, it's a festival, and there will be plenty people who only know a couple of their biggest hits. Also, I assume the non-single Tom-led tracks (Dumpweed, Asthenia, Ghost on the Dance Floor) will be replaced by non-single Mark-led tracks (Going Away to College, Don't Leave Me, The Party Song).

Sorry to put on the tin foil hat some more, but my theory about Tom being upset that he/modlife had to take down the preorders early for DED then put it back up makes a lot more sense now. I remember being one of the first ones to get a preorder in before they took it down.

"At one point, squabbling and politics forced me to pull the EP down at a time when 60,000 fans were trying to purchase it. And that blew my mind. I’d been trying so hard but that moment ultimately broke my spirit. I then realized that this band couldn't lose the years of ill will."

I mean... it just makes sense. No one knew why they went live then taken down for awhile. Mark/Travis/everyone else was probably upset about it being up for one reason or another. Maybe he really wanted to push the Modlife stuff and Mark and Travis said "fuck that."

Can Marks voice take all those extra songs, though? When I saw them in 2013, he was struggling through the Tom heavy set.

I'd love to believe extra rehearsals will help, but I fear Marks voice might just be shot at this point. The guy is 42 after all.

I just posted a new thread about this. But honestly I just want them to put their differences aside. We should take the simple less than a minute action to post on their social media accounts using #WEJUSTWANTBLINK if we unite maybe they will too. Be honest with yourself what do we have to lose?
When The night will begin The pain it won't end Even if she falls in love
Back You wanna turn back Your heart will attack Even if she falls in love

There's no legal problems with the live set. Maybe if they just played as "blink-182" (no idea what's in their agreements about that) but they have "with Matt Skiba" on there. As far as the live set is concerned they're just playing blink-182 covers which is totally legal. I hope they play some +44 though lol

tyler182 wrote:I'd love to believe extra rehearsals will help, but I fear Marks voice might just be shot at this point. The guy is 42 after all.

It's all about the muscles right when you're singing? If he actually practiced everyday til March, I feel like he could get through a 90 minute set. This is just a blind assumption, I have no idea how singing actually works lol

STEV3TC wrote:I just posted a new thread about this. But honestly I just want them to put their differences aside. We should take the simple less than a minute action to post on their social media accounts using #WEJUSTWANTBLINK if we unite maybe they will too. Be honest with yourself what do we have to lose?

Their relationship is "poisoned." These guys aren't meant to work together and that's okay. The issue of the last six years is that these guys ideals jus don't gel together and haven't since 2003. The unfortunate thing is we had to come to this realization in a one day blow up, but that's life. It's not productive to try to make this work for the fans when these guys just aren't meant to work together.

brendan wrote:
STEV3TC wrote:I just posted a new thread about this. But honestly I just want them to put their differences aside. We should take the simple less than a minute action to post on their social media accounts using #WEJUSTWANTBLINK if we unite maybe they will too. Be honest with yourself what do we have to lose?

Their relationship is "poisoned." These guys aren't meant to work together and that's okay. The issue of the last six years is that these guys ideals jus don't gel together and haven't since 2003. The unfortunate thing is we had to come to this realization in a one day blow up, but that's life. It's not productive to try to make this work for the fans when these guys just aren't meant to work together.

Its not about being productive. Its about show the band our support. Whatever the truth is, you can pick sides and believe whoever you want. But at the end of the day were all on this site because were fans. Showing support and being positive is doing more than sitting here and saying oo well get over it. It takes less than a minute and doesn't cost anything.

STEV3TC wrote:
brendan wrote:

Its not about being productive. Its about show the band our support. Whatever the truth is, you can pick sides and believe whoever you want. But at the end of the day were all on this site because were fans. Showing support and being positive is doing more than sitting here and saying oo well get over it. It takes less than a minute and doesn't cost anything.

I've used that pitch before

STEV3TC wrote:
brendan wrote:

I honestly don't want them to continue now. Any continuation has the potential to taint they're legacy if another bigger blow up happens and no fan can trust they're actually friends anymore if they weren't even really friends during the reunion. Most fans have this mentality after what's happened the past two days. It's over and any chance at trying to put it back together will feel fake.

brendan wrote:
STEV3TC wrote:
brendan wrote:

I honestly don't want them to continue now. Any continuation has the potential to taint they're legacy if another bigger blow up happens and no fan can trust they're actually friends anymore if they weren't even really friends during the reunion. Most fans have this mentality after what's happened the past two days. It's over and any chance at trying to put it back together will feel fake.

You make a lot of assumptions with a very closed mind my friend. To set differences aside is the point your missing and the point I'm trying to get all of us to agree on and show our band support. If they see your mentality then yeah it'll never work. Being positive has its benefits

STEV3TC wrote:
brendan wrote:
STEV3TC wrote:
brendan wrote:

You make a lot of assumptions with a very closed mind my friend. To set differences aside is the point your missing and the point I'm trying to get all of us to agree on and show our band support. If they see your mentality then yeah it'll never work. Being positive has its benefits

I think about 99% of the fan base agrees that at this point, there's no hope for them to come together again, and that it's better to let Mark/Travis and Tom do their own thing.