Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: BlinkGate 2015

givemeone82 wrote:Listening to "I'm Sorry" is...just wow. Super emotional.

Didn't even have that one in mind. It fits the situation best of all songs. :(
Yeah later, see you around.

I think reading 2014 was the last peak for these guys. Toms going to fade away now. Mark will try to keep blink going but will fade away with writers block and the inability to find a third member that can make the commitment to be full time with a band of this magnitude. Travis will still be travis drumming all the time. These guys did what they were set out to do in life. Now they can enjoy the rest of their lives with their families accomplished. It sucks that the ship sunk this way but everything of the last twenty years still happened and I've calmed down since yesterday. Its time to move on with my life. I'm interested to see what happens with blink, but I think this moment is it when I move on as I've been growing out of these guys work for the past several years. It's bittersweet but this just feels lik it's it to me and it doesn't really bother me. It's just simply over.

pasdeboum wrote:

I know :/ I'm 25 years old and it brought me to tears lol

While I find most of what Tom saying as bullshit, the one thing that I am sympathetic towards him is that he had no idea the press release was coming. Regardless of how much shit Tom put Mark and Travis through (and it was a lot), he deserved to hear it from Mark and Travis' mouths that they were moving on without him before any of this went public. That is a bit cowardice on Mark and Travis' part.

As a bandmate and friend for 20+ years, they owed that much to him.

"Tom and Travis are my brothers and I'd do anything for those guys. When all of this is said and done, we'll all be together looking back going 'fuck, we made it'."
– Mark, UC2

"So many other bands just fight, they don't get along and hate each other, but when things come down the road that are hard and gnarly... It's just us three, I feel like it doesn't matter, I feel like we can do anything"
– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

brendan wrote:I think reading 2014 was the last peak for these guys. Toms going to fade away now. Mark will try to keep blink going but will fade away with writers block and the inability to find a third member that can make the commitment to be full time with a band of this magnitude. Travis will still be travis drumming all the time. These guys did what they were set out to do in life. Now they can enjoy the rest of their lives with their families accomplished. It sucks that the ship sunk this way but everything of the last twenty years still happened and I've calmed down since yesterday. Its time to move on with my life. I'm interested to see what happens with blink, but I think this moment is it when I move on as I've been growing out of these guys work for the past several years. It's bittersweet but this just feels lik it's it to me and it doesn't really bother me. It's just simply over.

I agree with every single word you put into this post. Thank you.

MexicanPirate wrote:While I find most of what Tom saying as bullshit, the one thing that I am sympathetic towards him is that he had no idea the press release was coming. Regardless of how much shit Tom put Mark and Travis through (and it was a lot), he deserved to hear it from Mark and Travis' mouths that they were moving on without him before any of this went public. That is a bit cowardice on Mark and Travis' part.

Word
I'll keep my head exploding,
And keep on loving you,
Feed me; I'm your parasite.

Tom's entire post should have been about this one sentence, seeing as though this was the only actual issue all along:

"Never planned on quitting, just find it hard as hell to commit."

Just finished reading everything you guys wrote about this situation.

Honestly, I can't say I'm surprised. As some have said, the writing was on the wall, it was a only matter of acknowledging it.
As for Mark and Travis, hopefully they will get to keep the name blink-182 and avoid unnecessary legal drama. Pay Tom his royalties or whatever and move on.

Also, super stoked for Matt Skiba filling in for Tom. :heart:

MexicanPirate wrote:While I find most of what Tom saying as bullshit, the one thing that I am sympathetic towards him is that he had no idea the press release was coming. Regardless of how much shit Tom put Mark and Travis through (and it was a lot), he deserved to hear it from Mark and Travis' mouths that they were moving on without him before any of this went public. That is a bit cowardice on Mark and Travis' part.

Yeah and Tom owed it to them to not quit through a manager again just like last time.

Did he make any extra effort to do that? Nope

pasdeboum wrote:

Fuck, that's so weird.

twitter

saltygrapes wrote:Yeah and Tom owed it to them to not quit through a manager again just like last time.

I'm not denying any of that. Tom fucked blink over.

Still doesn't mean that Mark & Travis kicking Tom out via a press release wasn't cowardly.

"Tom and Travis are my brothers and I'd do anything for those guys. When all of this is said and done, we'll all be together looking back going 'fuck, we made it'."
– Mark, UC2

"So many other bands just fight, they don't get along and hate each other, but when things come down the road that are hard and gnarly... It's just us three, I feel like it doesn't matter, I feel like we can do anything"
– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

MexicanPirate wrote:
saltygrapes wrote:Yeah and Tom owed it to them to not quit through a manager again just like last time.

Still doesn't mean that Mark & Travis kicking Tom out via a press release wasn't cowardly.

I think your last sentence is very wise. It's the exact same thing we had 10 years ago: both parties talking shit and we will probably never know who is right and who is wrong.

It's just sad that it takes the total collapse of the band for Mark and Tom to be open and honest about the state of things and for Travis to talk at all.

– Mark, UC2

– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

MexicanPirate wrote:It's just sad that it takes the total collapse of the band for Mark and Tom to be open and honest about the state of things and for Travis to talk at all.

Not *quite* true. Travis spoke out a decent amount (for him, anyway) in +44 media once they got some interviews. Pretty darned sure he said "fuck that guy" in regards to Tom in at least one publication.

twitter

Elevator wrote:
MexicanPirate wrote:It's just sad that it takes the total collapse of the band for Mark and Tom to be open and honest about the state of things and for Travis to talk at all.

Not *quite* true. Travis spoke out a decent amount (for him, anyway) in +44 media once they got some interviews. Pretty darned sure he said "fuck that guy" in regards to Tom in at least one publication.

The Travis part was mostly a joke.

– Mark, UC2

– Tom, UC2

What went wrong?

Guys, leave Tom alone. He knows he did wrong. Plus, we have all this awesome Angels shit to look forward to now, which won't have any Blink to distract its potential.

#fucktomdelonge

Listening to DED. Too early to say for certain but crazy that it could be the last time Tom/Mark collaborate. Songs seem very applicable at the moment, especially When I was Young, Dogs Eating Dogs, and Boxing Day. I actually really like this EP.
It's Obvious

MexicanPirate wrote:

It wasn't cowardly because they didn't kick him out. Like Mark had said in the interview, they were only getting messages from management and hadnt actually talked to Tom in months for that reason right there. Plus, management said "TOM IS OUT". That's a pretty big sign to let them know he isn't in the band anymore.

Mark and Travis did with what they were given. According to management, Tom was out. So they informed the public and that was that.

Tom just acted like he had no idea what was going on.

https://coastingband.bandcamp.com