Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: BlinkGate 2015

henry wrote:I also feel bad for Tom, but I can't help but feel he's done nothing to help his case.

I still love the guy but this is my thoughts exactly

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Chuck-182 wrote:
henry wrote:I also feel bad for Tom, but I can't help but feel he's done nothing to help his case.

I still love the guy but this is my thoughts exactly

He doesn't really have much of a case to make. He started the day off with a pretty misleading and quickly deleted tweet that put Travis on blast, then finishes the evening with a poorly-written statement that didn't smack at all of humility or sorrow.

twitter

I think Toms Facebook post was massive damage control, it doesn't implicate him in any wrong doing, he doesn't blatently blame mark and travis.
And ends blaming himself and turning it on the fans emotions. He's covering his ass as much as possible.
It's like the perfect PR statement.

http://www.ryannevill.com
It's the worst damn day (it doesn't hurt that much) of my life.

Am I the only one who doesn't have any major problems with Tom's statement?

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Chuck-182 wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't have any major problems with Tom's statement?

I don't have a problem with it, nor can I say I support it. It's just there. He didn't really say much.

It HAD to have been run by a PR person, but then again, they probably would have said, "Hey Tom, can you write this like you a 40 year old adult and not a 6th grade kid discovering you can get boners?"

I think both parties are equally wrong. There is a lot we also do not know about. Taking with what we have it seems like they just really weren't ready to be a band again. They should have tried to work on their relationships as friends a lot longer instead of just jumping the gun like they did. If they gave themselves like 2 years of just being friends and private jamming then things may be very very different than they are today

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show

Hey, I've been gone for awhile, but I still keep up on all the discussions and have read all the news/threads/comments in the past two days.

Can anyone explain this EP thing that Tom is talking about? Did DED get pulled from iTunes or Modlife? Is he talking about when the sale went live for a few minutes then stopped? I'm really confused on what point he is trying to make there.

Overall, I've been pretty shocked at all this when it first started yesterday. It was really refreshing to hear the truth about everything after being left in the dark for so long about what is really going on. I do have to admit though, I sucked it up after a little bit, began refresh every few minutes on a bunch of websites, and popped a bag of popcorn. Shit's intense to watch go down.

He doesn't say much in his statement, that's all I have wrong with it. I wish he would elaborate on the whole "At one point, squabbling and politics forced me to pull the EP down at a time when 60,000 fans were trying to purchase it."

Something tells me it has to do with the whole modlife thing.

You know what, I'm going to defend Tom on this one. I've been reading the posts since yesterday and all you blasting on Tom is honestly unbelievable; not even giving him any benefit of the doubt, not even giving him a chance...
Do I agree that Tom isn't into Blink as much as he could be ? Of course, you're naive if you believe otherwise. But if you stop and think about it, Tom is leaving for EXACTLY the same reasons as before... I believe that Mark is probably one pushy SOB and when Tom tries to do otherwise, Mark looses his shit.... I know people like that, and that's the vibe I'm getting. I think that, as much as I do like the guy, Mark can be a little bitch....

Now... LET THE HATE BEGIN !!!!! :turd:

I went to Tom's twitter because I actually did remember something about them having to take the EP down a little after it was out. Wasn't for too long, but it did go down for a little bit.

I didn't find anything in his twitter and I don't feel like searching anywhere else, but one thing I did find was just how amped up he was about everything in November 2012. He was marketing blink's EP and Angels at the same time. He started marketing the bunny tree decoration in early December, etc...

I think that's the last time I've seen him market anything blink related other than a show.

Someone mentioned feeling like watching a messy divorce earlier in this thread. I used that exact example when speaking with a friend earlier this morning. I explained how I'm still a huge fan of Tom despite all that has come to light and he said "So Tom > Mark & Travis for you?" I told him no. I'm more like a kid in the middle of a bad divorce. I still love both side equally. They just don't love each other.

Mark and Travis are absolutely right to do what they did. I don't necessarily agree with Tom, but I get where he's coming from. I'd just rather these guys be friends again, but clearly none of them can make that work.

blinkfan4evr54 wrote:
Elevator wrote:Tom is a fucked up, complicated mess of a human being. Do I think a part of him is a coward for handling things the way he has? Yes, but I also don't think Mark and Travis going over Tom to the press was the right thing to do either.

Everybody is at fault here. The truest way this should have happened was the three of them being locked in a room for 24 hours with no excuses, no middle men, no contracts, nothing but those three human beings. They should've all come to fucking Jesus with each other and put all the cards on the table, simply, as men.

Instead they've all, Heroic Glorious Mark included, acted rashly, and taken avenues that weren't beneficial. I'm ignorant to the ways of the world of fame, but Having Your Manager Contact The Other Guy's Manager sounds like a totally fucked, lazy, and indirect method of communicating with somebody who was your best friend.

All this bullshit over email, too. Miscommunication is rife for harvesting bounties of fuckery, and these guys all equally ate from the buffet of each other's management's bullshit.

I'm on Mark and Travis' side, but there's no winners here. If there's even a grain of truth in what Tom claims, then it sounds like Travis and especially Mark were just as paranoid over Tom's decision making in 2014 as they were in 2004.

It's bullshit. They sing "I guess this is growing up," but none of these guys is willing to act like a grown up when it comes to the thing that made them famous.

Mutha fuckin Elevator everybody.

Right?
Look: I'm athletic, girl, I've gotten several rec league MVPs.

I somehow feel that Tom just didn't know exactly how bad Mark was feeling, again, for the lack of direct communication and I actually believe that Mark fucked up by going public about it. He obviously spoke out of anger on the first interview, because in the new one he sounds very relaxed and calm. Tom wasn't even aware of what was exactly going on and with that public statements by Mark & Travis, the relationship now is almost entirely tarnished. I'm not on anyone's side because I think both sides screamed immaturity at its best, but Tom has a point if you're familiar with the way he handles his shit.
I'll keep my head exploding,
And keep on loving you,
Feed me; I'm your parasite.

I was fine with Tom's response for the most part until he dropped:
But I guess that’s another example of how I differ from most. I follow the light… I follow passion and I make art. I hang with my son, my daughter and my wife.

Wtf? Why drop such a pretentious line unnecessarily. Makes me think more and more how delusional Tom is and how he thinks he's so damn special/above everyone else

I'll say it again

For Tom to schedule all this shit for AVA during the past 2 years and put off blink this entire time only to go sign a record label for blink then finally have all this shit he scheduled prevent him from coming through with his word, he only has himself to blame for all this.

For him to put off new blink material and the band altogether outside of a few shows for 2 years and then to go yap about commitment to the band?

The dude's a fucking hypocrite and a moron.

Clearly he's butthurt over something that happened with the EP; it's probably that Mark and Travis refused to put it on his shitty label, or something like that, and now he's twisting it and trying to play with the fans' emotions.

What an idiot.

Done with that guy.

I still fid Mark and Travis side of the story more believable. Tom if you don't want to do Blink anymore which it's been obvious to any Blink fan that you don't just admit it. It's ok. We understand.

This is the band equivalent to the USSR and USA nuking each other. It's exciting and intense to watch it go down, but no one is going to come out of this situation unscathed.