Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: Rolling Stone: Tom.Is.Out.

blinkfan4evr54 wrote:Yea i dont quite get it either. Anyone have any insight that isn't pure speculation? What I gleaned from Tom's fb post was that he worked hard writing and producing the EP and the other guys didn't put in as much effort (seems odd), and that he had this cool idea for distribution but the guys didn't like it and squabbled over it. Am i missing something?

If he's gonna use the "I put more effort on DED's" as a cop out and negative hitch towards Mark and Travis, fuck that. He called them up on a dime, and Mark flew out from a different continent to do that.

Yes it was 80% Tom, 10% Travis, 5% Mark, and 5% Yelawolf, but still, it's because Tom was probably working on that for a while because they just went independent. And they probably went independent because Tom didn't want pressure from labels to make him work on blink, and he probably thought "oh if I release some of these demos for blink on an EP in a month, the fans will not be up my ass for new music and I can take 3 more years to half ass another blink record, but go on 3 tours to get that money so I can make a comic book 2% of my fan base will care about."

Tyler44 wrote:
blinkfan4evr54 wrote:Yea i dont quite get it either. Anyone have any insight that isn't pure speculation? What I gleaned from Tom's fb post was that he worked hard writing and producing the EP and the other guys didn't put in as much effort (seems odd), and that he had this cool idea for distribution but the guys didn't like it and squabbled over it. Am i missing something?

If he's gonna use the "I put more effort on DED's" as a cop out and negative hitch towards Mark and Travis, fuck that. He called them up on a dime, and Mark flew out from a different continent to do that.

Yes it was 80% Tom, 10% Travis, 5% Mark, and 5% Yelawolf, but still, it's because Tom was probably working on that for a while because they just went independent. And they probably went independent because Tom didn't want pressure from labels to make him work on blink, and he probably thought "oh if I release some of these demos for blink on an EP in a month, the fans will not be up my ass for new music and I can take 3 more years to half ass another blink record, but go on 3 tours to get that money so I can make a comic book 2% of my fan base will care about."

Exactly.

We all know Tom is twisting some bullshit in another way to try to save face and not make him look bad to the millions of fans.

As long as one has half a brain and an eye for bullshit, they can spot Tom's hypocrisy from a mile away. He's shown he doesn't want to be in blink-182. I'm sure something happened re: DED that pissed him off. I'm also certain there's a really good reason why he didn't elaborate about it.

brendan wrote:
Elevator wrote:Oddly enough I ... kind of feel bad for Tom now. He's clearly got a lot of problems and his character has been exposed (again?). I've never heard of him mistreating a fan or being an outright shithead to anybody, but it's clear he's got issues. I really want to hear his side of this and hope that it's genuine, but it's going to be hard to believe him, sadly.

I've heard countless stories of him being a dick to fans lol

Me and my mate always talk about the time we went and saw blink in Sydney in 2013, and a couple of dudes who were lined up near me and him ran into Mark and Tom around the back of the venue (or something?), and Mark came out and was all chatty and happy, and signed stuff, whilst Tom sat in the car/bus or whatever it was, with the windows wound up being a snob. I refused to believe it on the day, but I wouldn't be surprised now hey.
Sig by Djenni

Dookie wrote:So... Safe to say he won't sign my Untitled album cover if/when AVA goes on tour?

He still will. I had Tom sign a bunch of my blink CDs while he was in AVA before blink reunited.
11/13/03, 6/13/04, 6/28/04, 8/4/09, 8/15/09, 8/20/09, 9/29/09, 8/19/11, 8/20/11, 8/23/11, 9/10/11, 9/14/13, 11/6/13, 11/7/13