Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: Rolling Stone: Tom.Is.Out.

We will probably get an official statement from Tom before the end of the week.

Part of me wants him to realize his screw up and realize that blink was his entire life. Apologize HUGELY and get the band going again.

The other part of me believes his ego is too big to ever do that, he'll get pissed/already is pissed and talk about how he doesn't need the other two in his career. He'll put out 2 more AVA efforts, the first of which will sell HALF the amount of TDW. and then he'll realize what a screw up he was. Blink will reform in 2020 for a final World Tour, play the same set list we've had the past years and call it a day. Blink 182 everyone.

I think by the end of the week we will hear an interview from Tom about the situation. I had a dream last night they actually released a single today and made that whole thing a publicity stunt. Then I woke up and was all sad.

I have a sticker maker so I am gonna make some RIP Blink-182 stickers and paste them around Gainesville, Florida this week by University of Florida.

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show

Am I the only one who is... Happy about this?

People seem to think that this is 2005 all over again, but there is one important difference that people seem to forget.

Blink is still alive! And I don't give a flying fuck if it's without Tom, at least the next album won't be a synth-dreanched fucking mess... Not that I don't like synths, they're awesome, but seriously, can anyone say that Neighborhoods ISN'T Angels & Airwaves + Mark & Travis? (Also, not saying I'm not into Angels & Airwaves.. But you get my point.)

I'm really excited to see what Mark and Travis has got in store for us! Maybe they'll continue as blink just the two of them, hiring a guitarrist for touring purposes, or if they get a new guitarrist, or two! Who's to say that +44 isn't blink-182 in disguise?

Fuck, When Your Heart Stops Beating is such a great album.

I feel people should be more excited than bummed about this, I know I am :grin:

I don't want a +44 reunion. I think that band had a singular purpose and it, like Whisper before it, will forever be associated with the original breakup.

I think Mark and Travis should start a new project with another covocalist, assuming rebranding a new blink is off the table. Mark doesn't have the chops to carry a live show anymore and Travis doesn't fly, so the best thing is to start small with a new, dare I say Ilan-like source of material and let your creative flag fly.

twitter

Elevator wrote:I don't want a +44 reunion. I think that band had a singular purpose and it, like Whisper before it, will forever be associated with the original breakup.

I think Mark and Travis should start a new project with another covocalist, assuming rebranding a new blink is off the table. Mark doesn't have the chops to carry a live show anymore and Travis doesn't fly, so the best thing is to start small with a new, dare I say Ilan-like source of material and let your creative flag fly.

I hope Matt wont be a permanent member. Their voices with clash so much

AKA: punksk8r4lif

Spoiler=sigs

Spoiler: show

FelleAndersson wrote:Am I the only one who is... Happy about this?

People seem to think that this is 2005 all over again, but there is one important difference that people seem to forget.

Blink is still alive! And I don't give a flying fuck if it's without Tom, at least the next album won't be a synth-dreanched fucking mess... Not that I don't like synths, they're awesome, but seriously, can anyone say that Neighborhoods ISN'T Angels & Airwaves + Mark & Travis? (Also, not saying I'm not into Angels & Airwaves.. But you get my point.)

I'm really excited to see what Mark and Travis has got in store for us! Maybe they'll continue as blink just the two of them, hiring a guitarrist for touring purposes, or if they get a new guitarrist, or two! Who's to say that +44 isn't blink-182 in disguise?

Fuck, When Your Heart Stops Beating is such a great album.

I feel people should be more excited than bummed about this, I know I am :grin:

I'm pretty excited/optimistic about this. But we don't know for a certainty yet that they're going to continue Blink. I think they should, and I hope they do. And I hope they release a fantastic album that is a huge success and Tom gets super bummed. I'll always love Tom, but what a douche :lol:

Elevator wrote:I don't want a +44 reunion. I think that band had a singular purpose and it, like Whisper before it, will forever be associated with the original breakup.

I would 100% be down for this. I think it's obvious that Mark and Travis will make new music together, I think it's just a matter of what approach they take. Whether it's continuing blink with just the two of them, continuing blink with another guitarist/vocalist, or starting something completely new. I am hoping for the latter.

I don't see myself putting on AVA for a while. I'm kinda now glad that I torrented TDW.

I do genuinely hope Mark and Travis keep making music together, but I'm not too sure about calling themselves blink without Tom. Touring and shows with a temporary 3rd member, that can be pulled off. But a new album with a new 3rd member? Maybe not. In the same way that Pennywise isn't considered Pennywise without Jim, or Dead Kennedys isn't considered Dead Kennedys without Jello, blink simply couldn't be considered blink without Tom.

All in all, I think it would be cool if Mark and Travis started some kind of supergroup side project. Like Only Crime, or OFF!, or Them Crooked Vultures.

henry wrote:I think something important to note is, Tom's seen and read the RS article, he's chosen not to deny anything. Instead he tries to deflect onto how they may have discussed replacing Travis. He's got next to nothing as far as this story goes.

Yeeeah I thought that. he could have refuted any of it, but instead chose to dig up something like that.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Elevator wrote:
Ryan. wrote:if shit gets petty and angry they may not even be allowed to call themselves blink-182 anyway

True. We may simply see Travis/Mark take on Tom in court regarding permission to perform blink songs live.

This is the end in a few ways, yes, but just the beginning of so much more.

I don't think they need permission to play blink songs live. Bands cover other songs all the time live with no permission. Both did it with +44 and AvA during the split. It's a question of whether they can call themselves blink-182.

Travis' festival coming up will say a lot

KayTheMagnificent wrote:
henry wrote:I think something important to note is, Tom's seen and read the RS article, he's chosen not to deny anything. Instead he tries to deflect onto how they may have discussed replacing Travis. He's got next to nothing as far as this story goes.

Yeeeah I thought that. he could have refuted any of it, but instead chose to dig up something like that.

I wonder if he's got anything left in the tank or that was all he's got.

henry wrote:
Elevator wrote:
Ryan. wrote:if shit gets petty and angry they may not even be allowed to call themselves blink-182 anyway

True. We may simply see Travis/Mark take on Tom in court regarding permission to perform blink songs live.

This is the end in a few ways, yes, but just the beginning of so much more.

I don't think they need permission to play blink songs live. Bands cover other songs all the time live with no permission. Both did it with +44 and AvA during the split. It's a question of whether they can call themselves blink-182.

Travis' festival coming up will say a lot

I think that's why they're going out of their way to refer to themselves as blink-182 w/ Matt Skiba. Mark even said it in the interview. It seems like they, at least for now, are going to move forward as blink in one way or another.

Wow. Just wow. What a wild ride the last 24 hours have been...

I don't even know what to say to be honest. I've tried so hard to trust in Tom, and in turn trust in Blink. Out of all my friends I was the one who had faith that things would work out and we'd get more albums, and honestly even though I didn't like TDW that much, Tom sounded better vocally on that album than he has since Untitled. That alone made me excited for the new album, especially with the whole promise of recording it in the same way they did Untitled etc etc.

I really truly believed that Tom would follow through this time, and he let me down again. He let us down again.

And yet while everybody on here is sitting here talking about how he's such a dick and a tool and a piece of shit and everything I just can't help but feel bad for the guy. Don't get me wrong.... I was incredibly bitter about all the AVA stuff after I found out what actually went down. I really enjoyed WDNTW but when the actual circumstances behind the original hiatus came to light I couldn't stomach the album anymore and got 100% on the Mark and Travis support train. (+44) quickly became one of my favorite groups and WYHSB was an incredible album. I always longed for Blink to make up as friends but I was worried about the potential of the band because of the bad blood... Of course when they re-united I pushed those doubts away and embraced Blink to the fullest. I finally got a chance to see them live (3 times!) and even though they didn't perform the best, the shows were still super fun.

I still just can't believe this is happening all over again.

Anyway.... Is Tom messed up? Yes. Has he acted like a complete idiot? Yes. Do I think he deserves this? Yes. But...I still, somehow, for some odd reason, feel bad for him. I felt nothing like this in 2005/2006. Granted I was 16 then and being a teenager is hard enough, so when your favorite band breaks up like that of course there's going to be tons of emotion. I don't expect myself to be kept up at night sobbing to "I'm Lost Without You" this time around, but it's still a pretty intense roller coaster of negative emotions. I'm just not.... gah I don't even know. I can't sort my thoughts. This is all too much.

TL;DR I wish I were mad at Tom, and I am a little bit. But mostly I just feel bad for him. I feel like Mark and Travis are doing what has to be done, but it's still a sucky situation and really honestly truly genuinely I just want the guys to be friends again. Fuck the band if that's what it comes down to. Just salvage your stupid friendship and go your separate ways with your own projects.... Ugh.

Also
doitforthekids wrote:I swear if this happened with any other band it wouldn't effect me as much, but something about Blink fighting so publicly makes me feel sick. It's like watching 3 of your best friends slowly fall apart.

I feel like that sums up my feelings nicely... :(
I saw you again
I know you fucked him again
Can you comfort yourself with this sense of revenge?
Are you leaving me here with the taste of the end?