Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: Rolling Stone: Tom.Is.Out.

#221
Surely they can just fucking get off social media and hash it out between themselves. It looks bad for all of them to go about it this way.

I swear if this happened with any other band it wouldn't effect me as much, but something about Blink fighting so publicly makes me feel sick. It's like watching 3 of your best friends slowly fall apart.
Image

Re: Rolling Stone: Tom.Is.Out.

#222
doitforthekids wrote:I swear if this happened with any other band it wouldn't effect me as much, but something about Blink fighting so publicly makes me feel sick. It's like watching 3 of your best friends slowly fall apart.


Oh man that's the perfect way to describe this situation. I'm not excited to see what Mark has to say about Tom's allegation :(
Image

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Re: Rolling Stone: Tom.Is.Out.

#228
KayTheMagnificent wrote:
El Salvador wrote:
brendan wrote:I feel sick that I've supported AVA while Tom was fucking over his friends that made him famous over the last twenty years. Can't wait to get the dream walker vinyl and never support anything from this guy again.

Hold up.Tom is an absolute dick, again and that's unforgivable. But if anything it was Tom who made Mark and Travis famous. He started the band. Which one of the reasons why I can't imagine blink without him inspite of his shitty attitude.


I hate this 'Tom started the band' argument. he was a 16 year old writing shitty riffs in a basement with an occasional drummer friend and then he met Mark and magic happened.

blink is NOT solely Tom. it's the combination of Tom and Mark, and it always has been. Tom is not some magic music ninja. he's a subpar musician with awkward lyrics and a terrible attitude who, in his youth, managed to connect to a lot of people with the music he created.

He's not a visionary, he's not the freakin' messiah, he's a rich moron with an ego the size of a sold out arena at a blink show.

I don't understand how people even still see him like this.


I'm not saying Tom is the Messiah. I hate him right now as much as anyone, cause our worst doubts about him seem to have been true over the past two years. But it's an historic fact: without Tom no Blink. Mark might be working at Taco Bell and Travis would still be playing obscurely in The Aquabats, if it wasn't for him plus the fact that he co-wrote all the songs.

I couldn't agree with you more when you say blink is and always has a combination of Mark and Tom. But that means Blink is as much Tom as it is Mark. Which is why I'm also a little upset with Mark and Travis, who seem to go very lightly over the fact that they are intent on continuing the band without him. They are rightfully forcing Tom out, because he didn't owe up to what he promised he would do. But I personally don't think they can or indeed should continue Blink without Tom. He was the founder of the band, again historic fact. It's like as if The Beatles would have continued without John Lennon. That would have been impossible too.
"I always considered my job in Blink to try to architect new arrangements and sounds to push the band forward. I took on that role, and it was by no means only me -- everyone contributed to the great music that we did -- but I made that my passion, I made that my focus." -Tom DeLonge (Billboard, May 2017)

I ♥ ♫

Re: Rolling Stone: Tom.Is.Out.

#230
I'm pretty sure Tom and Mark are both founders of the band.

They were introduced to each other through mutual friends. Before that it was Big Oily Men aka Tom usually alone writing shitty riffs in a basement occasionally with a drummer as Kay put it.

I get where everyone's coming from but I think a rebranded blink can still exist depending on how they handle it, and I have little doubt that it would be superior to what we've been getting.

Just as Mark owes his fame to Tom, Tom owes his fame to Mark. You could say Travis owes his fame to both of them (not just Tom wtf) but I think he likely could have made it without them in some capacity. He's pretty much the only one to have a public persona that is not completely dependent on his affiliation with the band and he was already on the right track before meeting them.

Re: Rolling Stone: Tom.Is.Out.

#237
Chuck-182 wrote:Fuck I'm just hoping Tom realizes that this is the wake up call he needs

After what has been said, I feel like any hope for a reconciliation is completely lost. I cannot imagine any scenario where they just brush this off and keep trucking as Blink 182.

Re: Rolling Stone: Tom.Is.Out.

#239
pasdeboum wrote:I agree! However I still think that this story might open Tom's eyes and makes it clear to him that he screwed up big time. An apology would be the least he could give us fans.


That's what I'm hoping for

pasdeboum wrote:And kick his ladyfriend Ilan in the nuts in front of some cameras.


I really don't think any of this is Ilan's fault
Image

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Re: Rolling Stone: Tom.Is.Out.

#240
Naw, don't really think so either. Tom seems like the kind of guy that you can't really say "No" to, so I don't blame Ilan. I just wanted to say that Tom should abandon AvA, be the family guy he always wanted to be and take his final step off the stage (after having apologized). I don't see anyone supporting him as a musician anymore, at least not until he straightens out things with the blink community and most important, Mark and Travis.
Yeah later, see you around.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron