Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: Rolling Stone: Tom.Is.Out.

givemeone82 wrote:What if blink records an album with just mark and Travis, but feature different artists collabing or something? I want them to make an amazing album under the blink name that just shits all over AVA both musically and financially

I'd love this. Was going to suggest the same thing.
Mark and Travis are interested in a ton of different genres musically, so I think it'd turn out really interesting.

doitforthekids wrote:I'm so happy that Mark and Travis can finally have some freedom. Tom really does seem like a complete ass, delusional even. Although there's always gonna be that part of me that wants to see them as best friends.

I do hope they don't replace him. Wouldn't be the same.

I hope they replace the shit out of him, make an awesome record that's 500 thousand times better than that short film bullshit, and make him feel entirely like shit.

I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I was Mark and Travis. They tolerated this bullshit for so long for the fans that supported them.

I can understand why Mark and Travis would want to keep the blink-182 name. They want to keep the legacy alive and not make the past six years not seem like a big fuck you to everyone. And as they've said, it's not going to be like +44

I say do that but I still think that the 'blink-182 with *artist*' is the best way to do it because it acknowledges it's not the same (kind of like how Queen + Adam Lambert doesn't try to replace Freddie Mercury, though I think the new incarnation of blink can be better than just a nostalgia fest so I'm not trying to compare the two outside of the naming).

I don't feel weird about AVA if Tom owns up to this. If he does I can forgive him and be okay with supporting AVA (in theory because I don't care for them much to begin with). The real shitty part about it all is blink in the past six years being Tom's money maker. That's in part why I support Mark and Travis keeping the name and doing something positive with it.

I think officially the band should just be Mark and Travis though, and they could bring in different collaborators.

4thekids wrote:i don't think they'll call it blink. even marks latest tweet says blink-182, with matt skiba.

They won't for legal reasons just like sublime with rome. They can get out of paying tom certain royalties by going with the name blink-182 with matt skiba.

Tom is going to sue the shit out of mark and travis after today. They just destroyed his career lol.

carlcockatoo wrote:I can understand why Mark and Travis would want to keep the blink-182 name. They want to keep the legacy alive and not make the past six years not seem like a big fuck you to everyone. And as they've said, it's not going to be like +44

I say do that but I still think that the 'blink-182 with *artist*' is the best way to do it because it acknowledges it's not the same (kind of like how Queen + Adam Lambert doesn't try to replace Freddie Mercury, though I think the new incarnation of blink can be better than just a nostalgia fest so I'm not trying to compare the two outside of the naming).

I don't feel weird about AVA if Tom owns up to this. If he does I can forgive him and be okay with supporting AVA (in theory because I don't care for them much to begin with). The real shitty part about it all is blink in the past six years being Tom's money maker. That's in part why I support Mark and Travis keeping the name and doing something positive with it.

I think officially the band should just be Mark and Travis though, and they could bring in different collaborators.

Good call - I agree. If Tom comes out and admits his failures, falls on his sword, and gives blink his blessing like an adult and friend, then I'll let this shit slide.

As we all know, he will not do this, and blink will die a slow, legality-tangled death while Mark & Travis start a new group with someone or reform +44.

Tom is going to sue the shit out of mark and travis after today. They just destroyed his career lol.

This IS kind of a libelous situation.

twitter