Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: Tom DeLonge takes hiatus from blink-182/Musical projects

Elevator wrote:
henry wrote:He knows something but can't tell us. I wonder what he did that he can't give the interview any more. I mean all he did was say Hoppus was going to be on the program. Maybe Mark said he'd talk to him, stryker tweeted it out, PR people got a whiff of it, told Mark he can't say anything.

I'm going with the 2015 Elevator Theory of Lawyers Being Involved™

I think Mark and Travis might want to still be "blink-182" kicking Tom out and retain the name. Mark can't say anything without risking losing that possibility. Maybe

brendan wrote:
henry wrote:He knows something but can't tell us. I wonder what he did that he can't give the interview any more. I mean all he did was say Hoppus was going to be on the program. Maybe Mark said he'd talk to him, stryker tweeted it out, PR people got a whiff of it, told Mark he can't say anything.

Mark would have run it by his people first. Unless its being tom's pr that stopped it i don't see this being the case.

Mark probably thought he could go on the radio and talk without shit going on.

gusgiann wrote:Im not assuming the worst. Based on toms instagram statement, it seems like a misunderstanding. He is making a joke about it. Calling the press releases weird, and saying "are we dysfuntional-yes. But, christ....#Awkward"

Yeah, but the problem lies within Mark and Travis. We don't know what they are thinking.
Sig made by Elevator

gusgiann wrote:Im not assuming the worst. Based on toms instagram statement, it seems like a misunderstanding. He is making a joke about it. Calling the press releases weird, and saying "are we dysfuntional-yes. But, christ....#Awkward"

you don't have shit like this happen and have everything just be peachy afterwards. this is a mark/travis issue, not a Tom issue.

they wouldn't lie about Tom's manager sending them that email about taking a break. they're not doing anything anytime soon as a band because Tom doesn't want to -- that is the baseline here -- and this whole situation is probably going to make the whole thing worse.

I can't blame Mark and Travis. I bet Travis was majorly pissed off when Tom scheduled stuff over his festival, and I think we can all read between the lines to realize Mark has been pissed for awhile.

A55VA6 wrote:

Yeah, but the problem lies within Mark and Travis. We don't know what they are thinking.

I just dont believe that they would release a statement without giving Tom a heads up about it. They mustve spoke today. He still posted that band hug pic. I just dont buy it.

Thanks to Kay for the awesome sig!

saltygrapes wrote:

you don't have shit like this happen and have everything just be peachy afterwards. this is a mark/travis issue, not a Tom issue.

they wouldn't lie about Tom's manager sending them that email about taking a break. they're not doing anything anytime soon as a band because Tom doesn't want to -- that is the baseline here -- and this whole situation is probably going to make the whole thing worse.

I can't blame Mark and Travis. I bet Travis was majorly pissed off when Tom scheduled stuff over his festival, and I think we can all read between the lines to realize Mark has been pissed for awhile.

who confirmed that mark and travis wrote that statement?

Thanks to Kay for the awesome sig!