Re: Worst Movie(s) You've Watched

Saying that a movie isn't about its acting chops is like saying that American Idol (or some other stupid singing contest show) isn't really about the singing... yeah, sure the drama is entertaining if you're into that but shouldn't the show really exist to progress people who can actually sing? What makes movies from the old beginning eras good is the acting. That was acting at its finest and that was the point of it. I didn't say they were exceptionally good movies in my opinion, nor did I mention them at all but since you're bringing it up... that is why those movies are good because they displayed the sole purpose of the actors... to act and that is what sold the movies, not the special effects. The movies were solid both plot and acting wise and that is why we have filth today. I'm sure there was shit movies then too but the catch is they didn't get critical acclaim or classic status because they were shit and weren't worthy of being called good. Today (thanks to star wars and other bullshit of the type) that is completely ignored in a lit of blockbuster cases.... ooh and Aww over special effects to preoccupy the mind from really thinking about the movie and realizing it really just is shit.

Thank You Kay, You Sexy and Magnificent British Sex Beast!

Agent 12 wrote:What makes movies from the old beginning eras good is the acting. That was acting at its finest and that was the point of it.

That's like saying musical prowess alone automatically makes you an acclaimed musician. There's more to a movie than just acting. Sure it's important, but it's not crucial.
Oh, and about that... Old movies really don't impress me acting-wise either. I have yet to see a convincing death scene in an old movie. Every single one I've seen so far was ridiculous.

Agent 12 wrote:Today (thanks to star wars and other bullshit of the type) that is completely ignored in a lit of blockbuster cases....

Most movies today don't suck because of Star Wars, they suck because they are bullshit. Because it's easier and cheaper for the film industry to pay a group of computer nerds to sit all day and generate all kinds of CGI than to actually write a decent script and train a good actor. And they get away with it because people seem to be getting dumber and dumber with each generation.

You didn't read what I said; 1) I didn't say musician, I said singer. There's a difference. Singing competitions are based on singing ability not song writing capability or playing and instrument. So, I stand by what I said. They are looking for entertainers, not musicians.

2) They suck because of Star Wars and movies like that where the emphasis is special effects and not acting or plot.

3) There's a reason death scenes were so comical, that reason being the overly censored era that those movies came from. The societal acceptance standards where quite a bit different then. Scenes of that nature (and others) would have been too graphic for the time period to allow. People would have been furious and appalled.

Thank You Kay, You Sexy and Magnificent British Sex Beast!

frisky wrote:Speaking of old films, The Maltese Falcon, Casablanca, and Citizen Kane are mind-numbingly boring movies, yet they are ranked in the Top 100 best movies of all-time.

My dad made watch casablanca, he fell asleep and I was bored to death, it's too slow and nothing seems to happen.
Everybody has his/her own taste, sometimes I feel like watching some cheesy movie cos I'm bored as hell, like I don't know, Grease(which is one of the few musicals I can stand), sometimes I just wanna have a luagh, American Pie 1 & 2 for example, and sometimes I want something that blows my mind every time I watch it , the Godfather part 1&2 for example.

sig made by KayTheMagnificent