Re: Community

KayTheMagnificent wrote:It was... alright. not as funny as usual. the dean especially, it was just creepy, not funny in a creepy way.

I could see what you mean, there was a lot going on that episode too. Have faith, next week's Halloween episode is (Y) (Y)

I actually really enjoyed this season, granted it wasn't as good as the other seasons but I still really liked it. Anyone else watch the season finale today? I really, really hope this show gets picked up for a fifth season.

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Chuck-182 wrote:I actually really enjoyed this season, granted it wasn't as good as the other seasons but I still really liked it. Anyone else watch the season finale today? I really, really hope this show gets picked up for a fifth season.

The whole season was.. weird. I think it was good, with episodes that occasionally achieved greatness.

But it had some of the blandest, awkwardest episodes of the show. Like the finale, which I liked, only just barely worked. I can't exactly pinpoint it, but it felt like the show was trying to be what the fans wanted, rather than do it's own thing.

I hope that if they do get a season 5, they can work out what worked and what didn't, and make the show better. Although I'm thinking it's chances are relatively slim. A part of me kind of wishes is finished at season 3.

doitforthekids wrote:
Chuck-182 wrote:I actually really enjoyed this season, granted it wasn't as good as the other seasons but I still really liked it. Anyone else watch the season finale today? I really, really hope this show gets picked up for a fifth season.

The whole season was.. weird. I think it was good, with episodes that occasionally achieved greatness.

But it had some of the blandest, awkwardest episodes of the show. Like the finale, which I liked, only just barely worked. I can't exactly pinpoint it, but it felt like the show was trying to be what the fans wanted, rather than do it's own thing.

I hope that if they do get a season 5, they can work out what worked and what didn't, and make the show better. Although I'm thinking it's chances are relatively slim. A part of me kind of wishes is finished at season 3.

I can see what you're seeing, not every episode was great but I thought there were a few gems. Like the Christmas episode was one of my favorite episodes, and the episode where Jeff makes Thanksgiving dinner for everyone was probably my favorite moment of this entire show.

I dunno I'm feeling like it might get renewed, while it's ratings aren't great they're pretty much on par with everything else on NBC; and with 30 Rock and The Office not coming back I'd say it's chances aren't bad. Also, am I the only one DYING for Jeff and Annie to actually get together? Haha

2009-2015

Hey I'm definitely excited for the next season, I'm thinking after completing their first season, they can look back and see what they did that worked, and what didn't.
It was still pretty great (Paranormal Parentage, Cooperative Escapism in Familial Relations, Advanced Documentary Filmmaking, Herstory of Dance and Basic Human Anatomy are easily my favourites, and maybe Intro to Felt Surrogacy), just hoping they make it even greater.

I agree, although the first 3 seasons were obviously better I still enjoyed season 4. And like you said hopefully they can figure out what they did right and where they went wrong and improve upon it for season 5.

2009-2015

I think the last episode, the troy/abed switching ep and Herstory of Dance were the only episodes that felt really like 'Community' to me. it was a lot less quick/clever. I think that's what bothered me this season. also, the forced 'out of the study room' episodes. there was a lot more out of school stuff, and I think that was to establish the idea for next season as without Jeff there'd be a lot more of it happening outside of Greendale. but it felt forced and confusing a lot of the time. I think Jeff's father issue was handled terribly, the Troy/Britta dynamic didn't work until they split them up, and Pierce was completely wasted. I spent most of this season hating it, but it definitely picked up at the end. I'm optimistic for season 5 but, it is the weakest season by a landslide, and the only difference I know of is no Dan Harmon, so it doesn't take much math to me to work out why.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!