General Entertainment Topic

Just like the other general topics on here, discuss stuff that really doesn't warrant its own topic.

The discussion about Jumanji got me thinking about a couple things.
1) The hunter
Spoiler: show

2) Carl the cop's destroyed patrol car.
3) Robin Williams has played two characters with the last name Parrish. Alan Parrish in Jumanji and Seymour Parrish in One Hour Photo.

Re: General Entertainment Topic

his best drama shit ever was easily Good Will Hunting. He won a fucking oscar for it.

What Dreams May Come was good stuff too. Insomnia was decent, he was just sort of weird in it. Nothing compared to 1-hour photo, holy shit. He was disturbing as FUCK in that movie, ugh.

That being said, my fave Robin Williams movie ever? Easily - Hook.

Have you seen Robin Williams' beard lately? Holy bike-riding christ.

twitter

Comedians I think often are better off as dramatic actors. Anyone ever see Stranger Than Fiction? The only serious movie I have seen Will Ferrell in and he does an epic job.

Punch Drunk Love? Although I am not 100% in love with the movie, Adam Sandler for once was not making fart jokes.

frisky wrote:Comedians I think often are better off as dramatic actors. Anyone ever see Stranger Than Fiction? The only serious movie I have seen Will Ferrell in and he does an epic job.

Punch Drunk Love? Although I am not 100% in love with the movie, Adam Sandler for once was not making fart jokes.

I really liked Punch Drunk Love. Spanglish, not so much.

frisky wrote:Comedians I think often are better off as dramatic actors. Anyone ever see Stranger Than Fiction? The only serious movie I have seen Will Ferrell in and he does an epic job.

He pretty much hasn't made a good movie since Happy Gilmore that wasn't either overly weird, depressing, or retarded.

twitter

frisky wrote:We live in the age of 3D

Same bullshit that was popular back in the 80s, hope it fades back into obscurity. Just more ways they can squeeze money out of us.
frisky wrote:CGI

That's another bone I have to pick with Hollywood of today. You can call me old fashion all you like, but we rely too much on CGI. I wish we could go back to the olden days where a monster actually looked life like and we didn't have some hybrid movie where people are coming together with video game character. Clashing graphics in movies suck really bad =/
frisky wrote:sequels, and unnecessary remakes.

Nothing is original these days because we have the same plots and stories, just with different settings. At least they have the decency to make it obvious =P
Thanks Kay.

http://mysummerjob.mybrute.com

Most of my favourite films are one people dislike. and most films I dislike are ones people like. people have always said it's because I have some urge to be 'different' to everyone else but I'd like to think that I'm not that shallow.

At the same time some of my favourite films were huge, like Juno, for example (not entirely sure why this is my go to example).

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Elevator wrote:
KayTheMagnificent wrote:Erm, top of my head

- The Warriors
- Clerks 2
- The Nines

-ok, *shrug* not bad i guess
- clerks 1 was superior IMHO
- never seen it

So yeah that's not as bad as I thought.

I know a few people that don't watch it unless it's a b-movie, or on IFC. Punch me in the balls.

The Warriors I adore just because... hell I don't even know. I just do. I love the mood of it.
I love both Clerks films but clerks 1 drags on for me and has little to no direct plot. It's funnier in a lot of ways but I just prefer Clerks 2, especially for Randal's little speech in the jail.
The Nines is weird. but I love it. You should see it. Frisky saw it due to my suggestion, I don't think he was keen though... mainly confused haha

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

I liked Clerks 1 more because it's more charming, plus they play roof hockey which is awesome. Clerks 2 seemed to be a throwaway movie for some coin, made for the sake of keeping Kevin Smith relevant in hollywood and to have Rosario Dawson's tits bounce around a lot. It was funny, but just didn't do it for me.

My fave movies at the moment are, in no order:

The Prestige
3:10 to Yuma
Master & Commander

twitter