Re: The Game Thread

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:I just completed my first computer build in 12 years the other day. Uber proud of myself, took forever and spent quite a bit. But so far the computer is running everything over 100 fps in 1080p.

Any recommendations for games?

Been playing Unreal Tournament 2k16

Nice. What kind of graphics card?

c_ortiz93 wrote:
OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:I just completed my first computer build in 12 years the other day. Uber proud of myself, took forever and spent quite a bit. But so far the computer is running everything over 100 fps in 1080p.

Any recommendations for games?

Been playing Unreal Tournament 2k16

Nice. What kind of graphics card?

I didn't go overboard here like I probably should have, ended up with an EVGA GeForce 970 GTX ATX 2.0 Its one of those "factory overclocked" cards so it runs a bit harder then standard. I should be able to upgrade to the 1070 in a few months for 60 or so bucks... I can't argue..

I've technically only tried one game released this year (Doom) but Guild Wars 2, Battlefield 4, Hawken which are all a few years old run great...

So if you want to upgrade but you sorrta want to keep your costs down the 970 has been a damn good card... Then again the R480 should be out soon and SHOULD out do the 970 for like 100 bucks less... but we will see..... (I'm not an AMD fan haha)

Red Dead is one of those games even other developers are saying they can't wait to see. I say the longer we wait the better. It means its really getting polished. Few companies I trust like RockStar. I know what ever they are doing, its only helping making the game THAT much better...

When its done I'll be ready... I know we will get That sooner then we will get H2 EP 3... :P

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

So I took a break from video games in the last 3 years (sold my PC and my xbox 360), but my girlfriend likes video games so we bought a Ps4 this year and god I'm having a blast playing all those amazing games ! So far I've played (in order) Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Battlefront (kinda meh, though), Bloodborne (BEST GAME EVER), NHL 16, Dark Souls 3, Doom, The Phantom Pain and Uncharted 4. I'm still not finished with the last 3 games I've mentioned and I don't want school to start yet cause then I'll have no time to play :(

I feel like a kid again !
Grant us eyes, grant us eyes. Plant eyes on our brains, to cleanse our beastly idiocy

OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:Anyone have any good recommendations for good FPS games on PC ? Thats under 30 bucks and not Counter Strike?

Want a decent FPS to test my pc with...

Doom is pretty good with a long and challenging campaign, nice shooting mechanics, fun guns and exploration. Also great level design and overall pretty good graphics. Multiplayer is okay. It costs more than 30 bucks, it's still full price pretty much everywhere, but I got it on sale for 50 a month ago on playstation network.
Grant us eyes, grant us eyes. Plant eyes on our brains, to cleanse our beastly idiocy

Blink182fan21 wrote:
OBGYN_KENOBI wrote:Anyone have any good recommendations for good FPS games on PC ? Thats under 30 bucks and not Counter Strike?

Want a decent FPS to test my pc with...

Doom is pretty good with a long and challenging campaign, nice shooting mechanics, fun guns and exploration. Also great level design and overall pretty good graphics. Multiplayer is okay. It costs more than 30 bucks, it's still full price pretty much everywhere, but I got it on sale for 50 a month ago on playstation network.

I just picked up Doom for 29.99 on Steam..

Totally worth it Haha... MP is definitely soulless but its better then half the Free 2 Play shooters i've been suffering through

I was playing Overwatch a bunch until my Torbjorn was nerfed and the lack of a diverse playlist. Fallout 4 has kinda been meh but it still getting a lot of traction of me for being typical Fallout. Elder Scrolls online was pretty monotonous so that sucked. Goat simulator is GOAT. OH Rocket League that shit is too legit to quit. Smash 4 is smashing. Titanfall that was dope. My bro and I sat out of Halo 5 for greed of getting rid of the splitscreen option. Minecraft still sucks. I cheated my way to being BAMF at Diablo. I suck ass at Starcraft. I miss playing WOW and I have no idea why Pandas was so genius. Oh Last of Us has both a kick ass campaign and MULTIPLAYERMODE.

I just can't get enough of Dark Souls 3. I used to think Bloodborne was better, but now I don't know. I'm on my third playthrought and there are so many weapons, classes and spells for me to experience with still. I wonder if there will be an expension soon.

We need more games like these; the gameplay and level design doesn't get any better than this. God I wish the combat system in Witcher 3 was as good, it would've been an even better game.

Got sucked back in to WoW. Legion should be amazing. The Broken Shore stuff so far and the Demon Hunters starting area was outstanding.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

So Wow, yep how I thought people would react to No Mans Sky was pretty dead on...

Did anybody really think they were hiding some deep, heavy mechanic from the game? Or hide a diverse amount of planets?

Nope, procedural means a lot of the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I didn't even care about the repetitive nature of No Man's Sky, I knew that going in. I was bee-lining it to the center and was 150000 light years away, found a space anomaly and was using each I found to use the blackhole shortcut.... It didn't move me a fucking inch... I was so done after that. Pissed in Hello game's ass fucktastic bullshit right thar. Shuckumuck...

I haven't had this much fun with World of Warcraft since Wrath of the Lich King. Legion has been AMAZING so far.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)