Re: The Game Thread

Currently making my way through The Last of Us. Holy shit this game is amazing. The acting in this game is mindblowingly good.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

Last of Us was a cool game to play. It's pretty linear but tells a great story and the quality is outstanding. Heard the multiplayer was a lot of fun, too.

Personally I've been playing a shitload of Hearthstone and Rocket League lately, in addition to Twilight Princess HD. Having never played TP before, in HD it seems like it is really empty.
Last edited by Elevator on Mon May 16, 2016 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

twitter

Last of us is a masterpiece if storytelling. Some of the gameplay is a bit janky and the 'puzzles' are poor. But the world building and atmosphere ib that game is incredible. I wanted to just wander around the environments a lot.
I'm super excited to play Uncharted 4.

http://www.ryannevill.com
It's the worst damn day (it doesn't hurt that much) of my life.

Elevator wrote:Last of Us was a cool game to play. It's pretty linear but tells a great story and the quality is outstanding. Heard the multiplayer was a lot of fun, too.

Personally I've been playing a shitload of Hearthstone and Rocket League lately, in addition to Twilight Princess HD. Having never played TP before, in HD it seems like it is really empty.

I've never understood the complaint of a game being linear. As long as its fun and tells a good story it's good in my book!

Thoroughly enjoying this. It's like playing a movie. The plot and acting are so top notch.

I haven't played any of the Uncharted games!

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."

StrongTower182 wrote:
Elevator wrote:Last of Us was a cool game to play. It's pretty linear but tells a great story and the quality is outstanding. Heard the multiplayer was a lot of fun, too.

I've never understood the complaint of a game being linear. As long as its fun and tells a good story it's good in my book!

I guess I should have stated that I'm much more a fan of games that are open world, almost purely explorative. Games like GTA are fantastic since they have the quest aspect and main story line but if I want to hop on a motorcycle and cruise for hours without playing any of the game, the open world is there for me to do just that.

Last of Us wasn't entirely linear. There's great benefit in that game to take it extremely slow and drink in the environment & storyline, but it was more straightforward than I would like.

My roommate and I differ greatly in this. He would rather have a game that has a concise story and an end so he can move on to another game. I come back to the same handful of games quite often for comfort & renewed fun (diablo, hearthstone, rocket league) while sprinkling in new experiences along the way to shake things up (zelda, last of us, mario 3d world, etc).

twitter

In in this weird place where I have like 10 unfinished games I need to play. Many of them because of the free games you get from being an online service member. A bit over whelming. Trying to get through AC 3 and enjoying a little GTA 5 on the side. The dudes and dudettes at rock star a truly master craftsman...

Props Go To Elevator: King Of Sigs

Im really immersed in Uncharted 4 right now. Easily the best looking console game ever. Super fun and the story telling is exactly what you would expect from the makers of Uncharted 1-3 and The Last of Us.

i really feel like Naughty Dog is just a notch above any other developer when it comes to storytelling

Thanks to Kay for the awesome sig!

StrongTower182 wrote:

Thoroughly enjoying this. It's like playing a movie. The plot and acting are so top notch.

I haven't played any of the Uncharted games!

Well if you like games like tomb raider, with lots of jumping around, climbing stuff, puzzles and occasionally shooting they are great, and storywise 1 & 2 are pretty good
It's one of my favourite sagas.

sig made by KayTheMagnificent

Just finished The Last of Us. Holy fucking shit that was amazing. Bout to buy the Nathan Drake Collection and see what the hype is all about. I downloaded the demo (which I think is a level from Uncharted 2?) and loved it.