Re: The Game Thread

I'm buying a PS4 tomorrow morning... Looking forward to finally playing The Last of Us.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

Oh the joys of the modern era... Bought a brand new console. Has to patch for 40 minutes before I can do anything with it...

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."

Tyler wrote:Just saw this, forgot to add you lol. Been playing a lot of GTA, still have only done the first 2 out of 5 heists though. Been repeating the Prison Break one a lot because different friends come online and want to get that one done first lol. Hopefully I can do the others soon

I got Project Cars. All I've done is Bathurst over and over so far. Seems to be getting lower ratings because it's a bit more of a sim. You can just do any race straight up, no unlocks, and the handling isn't so arcadey. But if you know racing it's still easy to control, just brake straight and don't floor it in the middle of corners. Took me 10 or so laps to get used to it

Did you send me a friend request? I haven't gotten it. Yeah, I've only done the prison break and the fleeca heists so far. Hard to get everyone on at the same time.

Yeah, project cars looks so nice the more I see of it. And good, it's supposed to be a pure sim. I probably wouldn't be able to run it on my laptop unfortunately. I might need to build a pc soon... Speaking of which I finally put an SSD in my laptop! So fast. GTAV doesn't stutter at all any more. It was having issues loading in the open world with my old 5400rpm drive.

Favorite thing about the PS4 is how absolutely silent it is. Going from a first gen 360 which sounds like a mack truck, this is heaven.

Ended up getting a gtx980. The vram in my current card wasn't keeping up in games like GTA and Watch Dogs very well..although they toned down the graphics in Witcher 3 lately so it probably wouldn't have run too badly.

Some people hate the games, others love them. I like the first one more but it shows its age and the fact they were an independent dev with not much money at the time lol. Like most of the random NPCs have the same face hahah. And the combat isn't well received

Nah it should be here next week, just in time for release day. Its weird because there's sweet footage from like January 2015 and it looks even worse than that. Seems weird to scale it back after 30 months of developing it...

The card is pretty bad ass Henry 12-20 degrees colder with higher settings in GTA5 and the fans barely make any noise, they also stop spinning completely out of games. That's one of the best parts actually lol beforehand I would have to turn my volume up pretty loud to not hear the graphics card fan...

Finally started The Last of Us a few nights ago. It's amazing. I LOVE Elllie!!!!

I would be playing right now but I got too sucked in and got really creeped out so I had to take a break.
Spoiler: show
I'm in the basement of the hotel looking for the keycard.

Tyler wrote:The card is pretty bad ass Henry 12-20 degrees colder with higher settings in GTA5 and the fans barely make any noise, they also stop spinning completely out of games. That's one of the best parts actually lol beforehand I would have to turn my volume up pretty loud to not hear the graphics card fan...

That's awesome, did you get the Asus strix model?

henry wrote:
Tyler wrote:The card is pretty bad ass Henry 12-20 degrees colder with higher settings in GTA5 and the fans barely make any noise, they also stop spinning completely out of games. That's one of the best parts actually lol beforehand I would have to turn my volume up pretty loud to not hear the graphics card fan...

That's awesome, did you get the Asus strix model?

Nah I was choosing between that one and the MSI one. They seemed quite similar so I picked up the MSI cos it matches my case better lol.

About 15 hours into Witcher 3 now...loving it a lot. Playing it on the 2nd hardest difficulty (I heard the hardest has permadeath so fuck that.) Haven't even made it to either main city yet or the island zone...who knows how long this game is gonna be. Meant to be 2000 doors in the biggest city. Loving the no loading screens thing (well apart from changing zones) so nice being able to seamlessly walk into anywhere, and even when you have to load it's very short loading times. Just had to quit for the night because I couldn't beat some group of wraiths lol, don't wanna lower the difficulty because it'll void the achievement for finishing on hard haha.

Love the horse riding, it just kind of bounces you off trees so you can gallop full pelt through the forest without getting blocked off all the time. I haven't fast traveled yet because of how fun that is

Love the horse riding, it just kind of bounces you off trees so you can gallop full pelt through the forest without getting blocked off all the time.

That reminds me of the feature that Miamoto was talking about for the new Zelda and he said, "real horses don't run into trees"
And it's like, yeah I guess they don't haha. Glad to hear good things about it.

PS4 has a media player finally :sad: :sad:

also, finally enjoying Far Cry 4 after it's been dusting on my shelf for months.
anyone has played Wolfenstein New Order here? it's only €20 on PS store.

I wanted you but never told. I went nowhere, you went gold...