Re: The Game Thread

xDumpweed182x wrote:
breathwish wrote:
xDumpweed182x wrote:If these leaked images of the next Xbox hardware are real, looks like used games won't be allowed. On another note, I'll be switching to Playstation if this ends up being true.

No way they'll do this. It would make so many people angry and also interfere with so many companies like Gamestop and Gamefly that make a profit off of used games.

But that's exactly what they're trying to stop. They don't want 3rd parties getting profits off of their products. They want the developers and themselves to get all of the profit.

Which is good, although I wish the developers got all the money

xDumpweed182x wrote:
breathwish wrote:
xDumpweed182x wrote:If these leaked images of the next Xbox hardware are real, looks like used games won't be allowed. On another note, I'll be switching to Playstation if this ends up being true.

No way they'll do this. It would make so many people angry and also interfere with so many companies like Gamestop and Gamefly that make a profit off of used games.

But that's exactly what they're trying to stop. They don't want 3rd parties getting profits off of their products. They want the developers and themselves to get all of the profit.

I know. But it'd piss way too many people off. It'd be suicide. Even if it did go through, people would find a way around it like Matt said.

Sig by KayTheMagnificent

"Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous." - Mark Hoppus

brendan wrote:
xDumpweed182x wrote:
breathwish wrote:

Which is good, although I wish the developers got all the money

Yeah, it'd be good if it didn't complete screw over consumers. I'm not buying a new game for every game I want to play.

Sig by KayTheMagnificent

"Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous." - Mark Hoppus

xDumpweed182x wrote:
breathwish wrote:

This. Although I heard rumors of it being the same for the PS4 and that looks to be untrue, we should be prepared for it to be the case with the new Xbox.

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Chuck-182 wrote:
xDumpweed182x wrote:
breathwish wrote:

This. Although I heard rumors of it being the same for the PS4 and that looks to be untrue, we should be prepared for it to be the case with the new Xbox.

But now we know PS$ won't be doing that. And when we didn't know much about PS4, there weren't leaked images that basically flat out confirm something (like it has now with the new Xbox). Then again nothing set in stone until they have their reveal. So I suppose I shouldn't worry until then.

Speaking of consoles, I want more info on the Steam box. Since building my gaming PC I really haven't touched my Xbox, unless I'm watching Netflix.

What I would like to see is games being distributed through flash drives so they can be transferred to the consoles HDD. I can definitely see discs becoming obsolete this generation or the next. The problems I see with digital downloads is bandwidth usage, getting games to those who don't have Internet access and servers being hammered when millions of people are downloading a game on launch day.

did you see that first 'steam' box which is like $1000 and has fucking terrible specs.
I think the ease of creating a computer for your gaming needs is so great now that you could definitively spend a bit more than that and get something much much better.
The idea of having a self contained, console like system is good but when it has terrible internal parts then its a useless exercise.

also I bought Black Ops 2 just because it was relatively cheap and I need something to take my mind of shit.

http://www.ryannevill.com
It's the worst damn day (it doesn't hurt that much) of my life.

xDumpweed182x wrote:Speaking of online, another thing I read about the next Xbox is that it requires an internet connection to function.

You're buying too much into rumors dude. Everyone said a bunch of crazy stuff about the PS4 (like the used disc thing) before it came out and then it came out and it was fine. Just relax and wait for it to come out.

Sig by KayTheMagnificent

xDumpweed182x wrote:Speaking of online, another thing I read about the next Xbox is that it requires an internet connection to function.

I've heard this plenty of times too, I fully expect this one to be true.

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015