Re: Movies/TV You've Seen Recently

This Is the End - 10/10
Really enjoyed it. It might be my favorite film they've done.

Spoiler: show
Pineapple Express is one of my favorite bro movies so I loved when they filmed the sequel. That shit was hilarious. My FAVORITE scene though was when Craig gets saved. It was so unexpected and hilarious

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

Fentoozler wrote:
doitforthekids wrote:Man Of Steel - 9/10.

I really don't agree with a lot of the criticisms thrown at the film. I think the sequel will be even better as well, cannot wait.

I thought it was awful. Way too cheesy and pretentious for a Superman movie. 4/10

Cheesy? I admit some of the dialogue was a little clunky throughout the movie, but apart from that I'd say the movie was anything but cheesy. Plus the movie looked fucking beautiful. I don't really get the argument that it wasn't a good representation of the Superman character. By that logic The Dark Knight was too serious for a Batman film, seeing as he originated as a campy character in a 40s comic. It was a different take on the Superman mythos, and I thought it was pretty fucking cool. Although I think the sequel will be a lot more fun, they're not burdened with having to tell the origin story anymore.

Cloud Atlas - 9.5/10

doitforthekids wrote:
Fentoozler wrote:

I really don't agree with a lot of the criticisms thrown at the film. I think the sequel will be even better as well, cannot wait.

I thought it was awful. Way too cheesy and pretentious for a Superman movie. 4/10

Cheesy? I admit some of the dialogue was a little clunky throughout the movie, but apart from that I'd say the movie was anything but cheesy. Plus the movie looked fucking beautiful. I don't really get the argument that it wasn't a good representation of the Superman character. By that logic The Dark Knight was too serious for a Batman film, seeing as he originated as a campy character in a 40s comic. It was a different take on the Superman mythos, and I thought it was pretty fucking cool. Although I think the sequel will be a lot more fun, they're not burdened with having to tell the origin story anymore.

Cloud Atlas - 9.5/10

I loved it as well. It gets me SUPER pumped for the sequel. Also something I haven't really seen talked about much, I thought the soundtrack was outstanding. (Especially the scene where he learns how to fly!)

I am interested to see what happens with the sequel. It's kinda obvious that the next villain is going to be Lex Luthor. I wonder who they''ll get to play that part. For me Michael Rosenbaum will always be Lex Luthor.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

doitforthekids wrote:
Fentoozler wrote:

The Dark Knight trilogy is serious and realistic, and it totally works, because of the very nature of Batman. He is human and relies only on technology and brains to defeat his opponents. There is no ridiculous premise we have to accept beforehand. With characters like Superman and Thor, the backstory is just too ridiculous to make the serious story work, IMO. But even so, I thought most of the dialogue lacked subtlety, and most of the characters were pretty generic and one-dimensional.
Oh and that last scene...
Spoiler: show
They've gone through all that trouble to make Superman as realistic as possible, and after clearly being seen by the entire world fighting Zod and his minions, he just casually gets a job at the Daily Planet, without anyone suspecting anything.

Reeve's Superman could pull it off because the entire movie was lighthearted and didn't take itself too seriously, but here it just felt so wrong. I don't know, maybe I'm looking too much into this.