Re: Movies/TV You've Seen Recently

c_ortiz93 wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:
c_ortiz93 wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:Finally got around to seeing Inglorious Bastards. 10/10

Seriously brilliant film. Brad Pitt trying to speak Italian was hilarious.

Easily one of Quentin Tarantino's best movies.

We watched Reservoir Dogs tonight also. I really enjoyed both of them. Tomorrow we're gonna watch Pulp Fiction. (Until today I had never seen any Tarantino films!)

Are you having a Tarantino marathon or something?! Lol Pulp Fiction is hands down my favorite movie of his. You're gonna love it! After that one, I'd suggest checking out Kill Bill next.

Pretty much. haha. One of my fraternity brothers that lives in the pod with us is a film major and is obsessed with Tarantino. I finally have some free time for once since I am done with all my research papers and stuff and just have a few exams. So while everyone else has been busting their ass studying, I been watching Tarantino films with a few people. (I don't have a real exam for another 2 days. haha)

Been studying all day and gonna take a break in a bit for dinner and then to watch Pulp Fiction I am really excited to finally see it.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."
9/28/09 Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks to Kay for the sig :)

Lol nothing against your buddy, but I think its kind of a funny cliche how every film student i come across lists Quentin Tarantino as his favorite director. Not saying his movies suck or anything, I'm a big fan myself! I just think more love needs to be shown for, say, Martin Scorsese, John Hughes, or Robert Zemeckis, or even comedy directors like Adam McKay or The Farrelly brothers!

c_ortiz93 wrote:Lol nothing against your buddy, but I think its kind of a funny cliche how every film student i come across lists Quentin Tarantino as his favorite director. Not saying his movies suck or anything, I'm a big fan myself! I just think more love needs to be shown for, say, Martin Scorsese, John Hughes, or Robert Zemeckis, or even comedy directors like Adam McKay or The Farrelly brothers!

I know it's cliche. haha. The big reason that he lists Tarantino as his favorite is Tarantino's attitude of not giving a fuck and doing what he wants in a film no matter how controversial it might happen to be.

"Do you hear the people sing singing the song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again."

KayTheMagnificent wrote:
StrongTower182 wrote:Just started watching New Girl.

I want to marry Jess.

I know loads of people who love that show, I can't freakin' stand it. Zooey Descanel is one of the most annoying actresses to ever exist, and the dudes are fucking irritating too.

What do you like about it?

I think Zooey is adorable.

The situations and such that happen are all shit I could see happening to my friends. It's not really a lot of farfetched stuff. I find the characters really relatable.